KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 57 of over 57 reviews

4.6
St. Paul’s Senior Services CEO    Cheryl Wilson
Cheryl Wilson
Pros
  • "Tight-knit working environment allows for team bonding with your department(in 4 reviews)

• "It's a great company to grow with(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some members of upper management (CAO, COO) do not seem to know or understand what the employees do or the importance of their jobs(in 3 reviews)

• "Managing continuous Work Life balance(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

nice people

Jun 24, 2021 - Social Worker in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

hours not the best no room for promotion

Cons

people are nice but not room for advancement

Director of HR

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time you took to leave your candid review. We try to promote from within when available. Please feel free to reach out to HR if you would like to discuss advancement opportunities.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Pros and Cons

May 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting opportunity to serve seniors! Very rewarding. Great front line and middle management team.

Cons

Executive leadership is not reflective of the populations we serve. The executive team is very out of touch with frontline operations which poses a barrier to having the resources needed to provide the highest quality of care to frail, older adults who depend on our care.

Director of HR

Thank you for your response. We agree that serving seniors is rewarding. And thank you for the candid feedback. We appreciate the time you took to leave a review.

3. Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Decent nursing home

May 12, 2021 - CNA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible with schedules, well stocked with supplies

Cons

Pay was average, often short-staffed but nothing unusual.

Director of HR

Thank you for your response. Yes, staffing is certainly difficult right now. But we appreciate your feedback and appreciate you being a part of St. Paul's.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great line staff but horrible leadership from the top

Apr 19, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fulfilling and rewarding work serving seniors

Cons

Pay is mediocre. Senior management is deceitful, racist and manipulative

Director of HR

Dear Anonymous, We are very concerned about your comments and would like to have a confidential conversation to help us with any areas we can improve on. Please contact our Human Resources Director at 619-239-6900. Thank you for your willingness to share your experience.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

3 Year Anniversary

Mar 8, 2021 - Activity Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

St. Paul's has been so good to me over the past three years I already know I want to stay another 10! The organization has allowed me to express my creativity while enjoying flexibility to the umpteenth degree. Thank you St. Pauls!

Cons

A casual dress Friday would be great, where we'd contribute to a fundraiser from the cost of $1-2 each week.

Director of HR

Thank you for this review. I am sure the residents appreciate your creativity. Thank you for being a big part of what makes St. Paul's a great place to work.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Feb 20, 2021 - Fitness and Activity Coordinator in Chula Vista, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for 5 1/2 years and feel blessed to be part of an organization that provides such comprehensive care for seniors from different economic circumstances. My position is one that I thoroughly enjoy and to be able to serve seniors in such a caring, heart centered culture is a wonderful opportunity. There are always challenges in a work environment but I have always felt supported by my managers to find a way through and they are always accessible to me.

Cons

At times communication can be convoluted but the accessibility of management makes that an easy fix.

Director of HR

Thank you for this great review. We love how much you enjoy your job. This leads to a better experience for our seniors. Thanks again!

8. 5.0

I am a CNA at St Pauls

Jan 5, 2021 - Phelbotomist in Brillion, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

love working there co-workers are great

Cons

there are zero cons to my job

Director of HR

Thank you for this great review. We agree, this is a great place to work. We appreciate the time you took to leave a review and all your efforts to support our seniors. Thank you

9. 5.0

Amazing work place

Dec 15, 2020 - Enrollment Specialist in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for Career advancements Love working with seniors

Cons

I have no cons for the company

Director of HR

Thank you for this great review! We agree, this is a great place to work and the seniors are icing on the cake! Thank you for all your continued support and great work you do. We wouldn't be who we are without you.

10. 4.0

Pros/cons

Dec 10, 2020 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pays more than most companies

Cons

shaky management but not the worst

Director of HR

Thank you for your review. We certainly like to keep our pay competitive! Please let HR know if you would like to discuss some of your concerns. Thank you!

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love working here

Nov 9, 2020 - Support Staff
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team and senior manager team are hardworking and caring of others. At St. Paul's you're treated as a person and not just as an employee number. The staff are nice and respectful, and this culture attracts similar personalities.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are generally at the lower end, because this is a non-profit org.

Director of HR

Thank you for this great review. We love that you appreciate being valued as an employee. We strive to ensure all employees are engaged. Thanks again for leaving your thoughts.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Reviews