Staff Care Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sean Ebner

1. "Awful place to work"

Pros

If you are lucky, you can make good money

Cons

Company sees you as a number and doesnt care about their employees. If you have a heart attack, they would want you to come to work anyway and make up any time you missed that day.

Advice to Management

Quit

Staff Care Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Senior Vice President, Sales, Staff Care

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with us was not positive. We take your comments seriously and I would like to speak with you personally to better understand your situation and learn what we ... More

"If you're looking for a career look somewhere else!"

Former Employee - National Sales Recruiter in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - National Sales Recruiter in Sandy, UT

I worked at Staff Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm sure there is a few but can't think of any at the moment.

Cons

Poor management - lack of training - cares more about call metrics then sales metrics - I would recommend to look at more successful companies if you're looking for a long term career.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more and try to listen to them, just might get more out of them.

"Initially good, but the truth revealed itself as time went by."

Former Employee - Physician in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Physician in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Staff Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its a temp agency, albeit glorified. You get a paycheck, even though they come from California, their emblezzement center, so always delayed pay.

Cons

They have too many employees working and handling the same tempjob accts and do not know how to communicate amongst themselves, they are at a high level of corporate inefficiency. Payroll portal to submit hours and workshift times is not user friendly.

Advice to Management

Learn to go back to the drawing board and cc,bcc one another on emails that pertain to the same tempjob candidate, and vice versa in communicating with one another. At the end of the day, youre a temp agency, so carry yourself as one. Be efficient, be transparent, be timely.

"Recruiting Associate"

Former Employee - Recruiting Associate in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Recruiting Associate in Sandy, UT

I worked at Staff Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

potential for growth and pay for a person who enjoys cold calling. They offer free coffee and tea in the break room. The office was nice

Cons

very little care about employee welfare. Managers "sale" the job to make it sound more exciting and not like the job descriptions implies. threats of getting terminated are used as a way for management to get employees to get call numbers and call times up. Management has changed a lot over the years and employee retention is not that great.

Advice to Management

care more about the employees so that there is less turnover rate. Turnover is costly and it leads to dissatisfaction with employees.

"Territory Sales Consultant / Account Rep"

Former Employee - TERRITORY SALES CONSULTANT/ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE in Dallas, TX

I worked at Staff Care (More than a year)

Pros

Some teams are flexible and have legit leadership - Emergency Medicine team is awesome.

Cons

Awful management. Commission structure changes every other month. Ever since the company went public, they have been short changing the people on the floor while increasing metrics. Metrics are almost impossible to meet and the high numbers that are set as "goals" for calls lead people to make empty dials, just for the number. Counterproductive environment because of metrics. Training is a joke. Dentistry team is AWFUL. Leadership is a joke, flexibility is nonexistent, micromanagement is insane.

Advice to Management

Put some care into Employee Retention. Unless you can do that, your turn over rate and employee dissatisfaction will leave you with the bottom of the counter productive barrel.

"Horrible Staffing Company"

Pros

Never use this company to provide coverage for your healthcare facility

Cons

Promised a competent physician at our clinic, and received a complete idiot. Every patient had a complaint. RUN!!!

Advice to Management

Hire better staff to oversee privileging of your so-called "wonderful physicians".

"This is simply not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Staff Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are few pros here. They have changed the comp plan so many times in the past 3 years that you cannot be guaranteed of anything, but for a very few people (fewer than 5 out of 200) the financial rewards are exceptional.

Cons

Zero opportunity at career growth. Zero opportunity at promotion. Zero opportunity to develop new skills. Zero opportunity to do anything other than dial a phone more than 100 times a day, 5 days a week. If you are ever short your number of dials, or "talk time," which is the time spent on an actual phone call, don't worry -- you get to make it up on Saturday. No matter how they dress it up this is a call center, all calls are recorded, and you receive "call logs" several times each day to make sure you know how close you are to your requirements. The rewards are few and far between, and thy resort to childish games and contest more suitable to 3rd grade than the professional world to incentivize their otherwise depressed employees.

Advice to Management

Resign. Short of that realize that people are motivated to grow and to become more each day and that if you are unwilling to help them reach their goals, they are unwilling to help you reach yours.

"High prices and poor staff"

Former Employee - Physician in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Physician in Provo, UT

I worked at Staff Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They promise you the moon the sun and the stars

Cons

In january this year we used satffcare for part time physician. We were assured that the provider we were getting was optimal and an excellent fir. Once the provider showed up, they were far under par with any type of knowledge, moved slower than slow and our bill was through the roof. We eventually had to close our office as a result of the provider they had recommended. A clinic that has been open for 24 years.

Advice to Management

Time to start really revieing who you hire and who you tout as excellent when they couldn't differentiate a flu bug from sepsis.

Staff Care Response

Sep 24, 2014 – Senior Vice President, Sales, Staff Care

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. We hold our entire company to the highest standards and take this feedback very seriously. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail and ... More

"This office needs help and HR, leadership in Dallas is not hearing the continued cries for help"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Staff Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay and opportunity for working with some great clients, physicians and working within this industry.

Cons

Management, leadership and the lack of support from HR regarding ethical complaints.

Advice to Management

Change the management and leadership in the Salt Lake City office before it crumbles.

"The Job Made Me Sick"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Irving, TX

Pros

Like others have said, if you work really hard and are lucky then promotions and advancing your career are pretty easy. It's one of the only jobs I have held where career growth is possible in the same city. Healthcare is a good industry and I would imagine locums work being more desirable with increasing insurance cost to doctors.

Cons

Like I said, this place made me sick! I would feel great outside the office but once there my throat hurt, head throbbed and I felt ill. I really think the stress wore me down! The goals you had were sometimes impossible to reach with many doctors looking down on locums work. You were consistently micromanaged with laughable guidance. You have to work 50 hours a week to hit your salary and it takes forever to get a decent bonus. You even had to come in some Saturday's!! Pay was awful for how much you work. It's very evident management only care about profit and not people. There was either someone being fired or quitting once a week.

Advice to Management

To make the company money you need happy employees. Focus on employee relations and the company could do great!