Staff Pro Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to get experiance"

Current Employee - People Operations in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - People Operations in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Staff Pro part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice flexible scheduling work around your job and family needs, experiance different rolls in crowd managenent, customer service, responsible for the safety of fans at concerts and events while sort of attending also while doing so, meet new people, work is various positions during the day changing it up for you, recieve breaks in a timely manner and if you get overlooked just speak up and someone will relieve you shortly. Just an overall great experiance as you work a different role every event per the needs of the client. Great work is acknowledged and appreciated if not during or after the shift definantly the next time they pick who goes where , when your assignment is on the foot ball field or looking out for the safety of a celebrity in the green room, or rover not wanding, your hard work is apperciated for sure

Cons

My only downside is being marked for ni call no show when i did or being told im getting sent home before i arrived after being almost there and doing everything i can to get there spending more than i would have made

Advice to Management

Promote me ! I know ill make a great supervisor. Plus itll give me a reason to put my notice in and thus changing the industry ive been in for twenty years. In ready for this change i just needed stability and i feel this position with this company will be where i want to make this change. Im over just calling for shifts work me !

2. "Event Staffing"

Former Employee - Event Staff/Security in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Event Staff/Security in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Staff Pro part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Assisting customers to find their way at entertainment events.

Cons

There are times when a customer is uncooperative.

Advice to Management

If customer continues to be uncooperative, have him/her removed.

3. "Average"

Former Employee - Security Guard in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Staff Pro part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to have contact with the public

Cons

After a while, shifts become boring

4. "I'm having work"

Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Staff Pro part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like to work I work all my life that's what I'm looking for long turm

Cons

Security I like this job I'm looking for a job

I'm happy for work i love it is life

Advice to Management

"It's part time event security. What do you expect?"

Former Employee - Part Time Field Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Part Time Field Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Staff Pro part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

When there is work, there is opportunity to get many hours and over time as a supervisor. If not, then. E prepared to be on the phone for a long time or waiting for emails to get scheduled.

Cons

Contracts come and go. Upper Management has its favorites. Not enough new employees come through resulting in getting outside sources. Outsourced employees are not usually not up to par and make the rest of the company look bad. Difficult to move up the ranks. Management is already set and they are older guys that won't be leaving anytime soon.

Advice to Management

Don't punish employees when they work for other companies because they can't make ends meet when you are not providing enough hours.
    Scheduling system is still a pain even after 9 years since joining the company. It really needs a fix.
    If you can't staff an event with your own employees, then don't take the contracts. Stop outsourcing the work. Those other companies are not as professional as the staff that you can train on your own.

"Not a good company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Staff Pro (Less than a year)

Pros

Selecting your hours, awesome people

Cons

Takes forever to get paychecks, paychecks sometimes get pushed to next month for what you did for a week.

Advice to Management

My advice is to the management is to get their stuff together. You need more communication between the management to the supervisor to the employee because its confusing and I had to call to clear up misunderstandings on their behalf. Also, paychecks, if I worked for say first of a month until the 23rd, PAY ME ON THE 25TH, don't push it to the 10th of next month, its freaking abuse on your behalf.

"Great events and great people, management was horrible, and did not know how to manage their office, in their own words."

Former Employee - Supervisor, Alcohol Enforcement in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Supervisor, Alcohol Enforcement in Spokane, WA

I worked at Staff Pro part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great events, great people (crew). A great opportunity to see the inner workings of the entertainment industry.

Cons

Management told crew members in one breathe how good they were, and they were the reason for the branch success. In the next breathe, the same people were told they were replaceable. Manager constantly told supervisors he was supposed to fire 50% of his supervisors, and 10% of his staff, per his boss. Manager not consistent in his actions, and had a bad temper, throwing fits like a two year old when mad; usually on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Grow up, and act your part professionally! How you treat others is a reflection of yourself, not the party you are mistreating. When you say you are going to do something, do it. Be consistent with everyone, not just those you like, or who are family.

Remember, "Manager" is just a title, you too are replaceable!

8. "Have to have a brown nose!"

Former Employee - Event Staff in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Event Staff in Seattle, WA

Pros

Flexible scheduling. Some fun events to work. The line level supervisors can be helpful as they will train you when you are new.

Cons

Not enough work. Mostly pays minimum wage. The orientation focused on anti terrorism leaving very little understanding of what I would actually do in the field

Advice to Management

Work on your staff engagement. Lip service only goes so far: this includes everyone from Both Vice Presidents and Branch Management. Just because someone has military experience doesn't mean they are qualified for the job. I've seen people promoted that had zero people skills but had military experience that were promoted ahead of those that seemed to really be there for the benefit of the company. This shows how management really is disconnected from the team and its product. Partner with your team! Yelling and managing with fear may win the battle but you will lose the war! Why do you use so many sub-contracted staff??? Do your clients know this? These people have zero training and mostly look like a train wreck. Slinging warm bodies..... Sad.

"Great place for student and additional income"

Current Employee - Event Staff in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Event Staff in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Staff Pro part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule
    fun environment (depending on your position given)
    meet new people
    Call in and work if you want
    Sometimes you can get a awesome position where you can watch the Events perfectly (possibly sitting and watching!) p.s. only happened once to me. Now I'm mostly a Flagger outside the arena
    work in different city's and different thing to do everyday

Cons

Supervisors can sometimes be unorganized
    They have a Preferred list of employees so you may not get as many jobs as the preferred
    Graded on every job (can be bad if you have supervisor that your don't agree with)
    Sometimes you get some crap positions like standing outside in the backlot or staying inside a stairwell for 8 hours just smiling opening and closing doors.
    If your assigned to work in another city prepare to use your own gas to travel! Carpool is best!
    Pullman and Seattle jobs they get rentals to move employee but be prepared to get cramped up in a 15-person closed van. Sometimes they do get buses though

Advice to Management

Get more jobs before you hire 500 people to put on standby. You only use about 50% of staff for your minimal jobs you get. For newcomers you need actually give some direction on what to do. If someone doesn't play follow the leader or come with a friend. You can almost be lost and forgotten without a doubt! There is one handicapped guy that you almost left behind in Pullman!

"Easiest job ever"

Former Employee - Event Security in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Event Security in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Staff Pro part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You don't do anything the whole shift. Easiest money you can make. You literally just stand there and don't need any sort of people skills. Anyone can do this job, literally anyone.

Cons

Since your only working events you don't really get to work full time. Your feet hurt from just standing all day. Very boring. If you enjoy not interacting with people and are not social this is the job for you. If your one of those dudes that takes observing and reporting seriously, you are going to make a lot of friends and fit right in.

Advice to Management

Find a way to motivate the team better