Staffing Plus Reviews | Glassdoor

Lisa Spector

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Too Much BS"

I worked at Staffing Plus full-time

Pros

The work was interesting and sometimes challenging; the company gave out generous pay raises.

Cons

The management was two-faced about getting input from employees. They always asked for employees' opinions about new policies, but often it was after a decision was already made. This was really a morale buster rather than booster.

Advice to Management

Stop trying so hard. Don't claim to be progressive and that you have employee-friendly policies when you can't deliver. It seems like upper management wants to pretend the company is a great place to work when all they care about is their image.

2. "Run or get out while you can"

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional

I have been working at Staffing Plus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Don’t deserve no good out put

Cons

Everything top to bottom they only care about the money they don’t care about their employees nor the clients

"Bad communication"

I worked at Staffing Plus part-time

Pros

I was able to choose what days i worked.

Cons

Horrible communication. I would often go to my assigned site that had enough workers for the day, so I ended up having to go home. I couldn't even get a hold of my supervisor to send a letter of resignation.

"Small company with great potential"

I have been working at Staffing Plus full-time

Pros

Teams you work with allow you to get close to a group of companies workers. Owners are involved and know everyone by name. Not really micromanaged

Cons

Needs better tools for recruiting. Clique mentality between teams.

Advice to Management

Would be great to have more company bonding eith happy hours and group get togethers that promote company culture.

5. "Occupational Therapist"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Staffing Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive recruiters that take interest in your personal needs and will work hard to negotiate contract terms that you require. As an OT you can become a W-2 so that you do not have to be concerned about setting aside money for taxes.

Cons

As with many contract agencies, the benefits are not spectacular.

"Keep looking. You can do better"

Current Employee - Staffing in Haverford, PA
    Current Employee - Staffing in Haverford, PA

I have been working at Staffing Plus (More than 3 years)

Pros

They say they're flexible which they can be most of the time. For most but not all. They do have favorites but for others you can be made to feel bad for taking time off. Even if you have the PTO to cover it. It is a very busy office which is good because the day's move fast but you never feel like you can catch up. With all the negative you can still find some (not many) awesome people here.

Cons

I couldn't agree more with the below reviews. ("they just laid off 10 people" & "Misleading"). Like the other comments if you're not a favorite you know it. A lot of closed door meetings all the time always feeling like you walk on eggshells. Always thinking you will be let go and always keeping your resume updated in case. Many are always open to entertaining a interview elsewhere. Way too much office gossip on all levels including management. Again nothing stays a secret for long. Most of the time you find out about changes in the company through the office grapevine/gossip instead of being told in a meeting or company email. Some managers can be abrupt, negative and mean. Many times saying unprofessional things in front of other staff. The Assistant/Jr. Recruiters work so much harder than the Recruiters. You can see the way the work is passed down all the time. They're over worked and underpaid as competitors pay more. Increases are minimal with very little opportunity for growth. For the most part you move up when people leave. This happens a lot as they have very high turnover. This ends up leaving a mess to clean up for the new person in that position. This isn't a great way to start a new position with little training. The attitude/bullying of managers, upper staff and some senior employees is unbelievable. No matter how many complaints are made nothing is done. It's sad to know it has happened before and again nothing is done. No matter how hard you work unless you're a favorite it isn't good enough and still micro managed. They had a big lay off so it left so much work for the ones left with no pay increase. I wouldn't recommend and advise to keep looking.

Advice to Management

Offering advice to managers isn't needed since nothing changes anyway. But you need to replace a number of people on all levels. They're just hurting the company. It could be a great place to work but not while these people are here. Maybe one day you will see it and it's not too late.

"they just laid off 10 people"

I have been working at Staffing Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- interesting work, can be challenging
    - laid back atmosphere
    - most people are friendly. MOST, not all.
    - company perks, CEO lets us out some days before holidays, get out early on fridays, holidays parties etc

Despite my review below, I do love working here but find it frustrating to constantly witness things going unattended, ignored and people who should be disciplined get free passes.

Cons

•management here consists of team leaders and CEO.they are all unethical and unprofessional. they favor certain employers and everyone knows it. they try to be secretive and sneaky but they are so beyond transparent, its almost laughable. --- example- one manager was written up bc she held a secret meeting with other employers to bash 1 particular employer. anywhere else, she would have been fired. management tried to keep it hush hush but the whole building ended up finding out.
    •other co-workers get away with murder in terms of unethical behavior - key words that have been thrown around: harassment, hostile work environment, unethical. .
    •"secrets" are never secrets here either, constant closed doors etc but then rumors are spread. I don't think management realizes that 1/2 or 3/4 their employers always have one foot out of the door. Fear and paranoia of losing one's job is almost a constant here
    •16 people laid off since January, so if you get an interview here, ask to see reports of their finances as proof of their "healthy" company - last layoff of 10 was in June 2016, so proceed with caution
    •pay is below industry average, if you want to be in staffing go to finance and account staffing. this company can only realistically afford new college grads. nowhere to move up though (no training, nowhere in management to go. I hear they are cutting commissions for future Junior Recruiters too.
    •turnover rate is astronomical, I believe 56 people left in 2015
    •HR doesn't do their job, if you bring a complaint - you will hear "yea, that's been an issue before wth so and so" --oh really- why isn't it fixed then? when employers hear that, they don't trust that anything will ever get taken care. When your work environment feels unfair, the motivation to continue to do well and stay falls away.

Advice to Management

To our CEO: really look closely at your management, I know good recruiters and staff here that would leave if they were placed under a certain team leader just bc they don't trust working under them. All the money and effort you put into making Staffing Plus fun (ice cream truck, Halloween Party, bye-bye bingo etc) -- is completely undermined by your managers. I know this is a numbers game, but your numbers aren't great now and you need managers who are ethical, don't favor their own team members/create hostile work environments and an HR staff that actually addresses and solves issues. Perhaps if you change the management, the bottom will stop being a revolving door like it is now.

Advice to anyone who has an interview here: ask about layoffs, ask pay and why it is ins't higher, ask about how you can move up/continuing training etc, ask about extremely high turnover rate and their plan to remedy it. Better yet, print this review out and ask them to explain everything.

"Misleading"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Haverford, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Haverford, PA

I worked at Staffing Plus (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is nice and welcoming, in the beginning.

Cons

Management pretends to care about you, but its all smoke and mirrors. Management always seems to have a secret closed door meetings. You never know whats going on, the CEO acts as if she cares about you. In reality your a number and god forbid you ever jump the chain of command. People constantly changing rules to fit there personal needs.. Management have their favorite staff, and they do show favoritism. HR claims to be open door policy, but in reality once you same something about someone expect repercussion to come your way.

Advice to Management

Don't let the magic show fool you, theres ups and downs to every job you work, but don't pretend to be aperfect employer. your not. Make HR truly an open door environment, not a place where your scared to say something.

9. "OnCall Coordinator"

I worked at Staffing Plus part-time

Pros

Nice clients, reliable contractors, great co-worker, good hours stopped at 12:30 pm and started again at 5:30am

Cons

Annoying new manager at the time, Wanted oncall to make sales calls

Advice to Management

oncall isn't your sales team pay a ft sales person to do all your sales calls.

10. "Teacher Assistant"

Current Employee - TEACHERS ASSISTANT in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - TEACHERS ASSISTANT in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Staffing Plus part-time

Pros

Teaching kids on a daily basis. The principal was also a great person to work with. It was a great experience for me.

Cons

The teachers believe that you are beneath them because they have degrees. They also talk down to you like you don't have an education also.

Advice to Management

Make sure when you send people to work that they are not treated unfairly. Also lunch breaks need to be more than 30 mins.