Stage Stores Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael Glazer

"Fast paced environment"

Current Employee - Management in Richland, SC

I have been working at Stage Stores full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The staff is very friendly. There is always something to do, so the days go by quickly. The pay is competitive.

Cons

As with most retail companies, we have to work almost all holidays. The only day we are closed for business is Easter.

Stage Stores2016-07-19
  2. "Store manager"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Stage Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good discount and nice customer

Cons

Upper level management DO NOT understand daily operation is not as easy as drawing map and writing on the paper.

Advice to Management

They don’t listen anyway

Stage Stores2018-09-06

"Worked at worse places"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Stage Stores full-time

Pros

Good benefits discount fun atmosphere

Cons

Pay is one of the lowest in the industry Long hours Between making a buck and taking care of employees the employee loses every time

Advice to Management

Field management is fine. Home office management is another story. Your #1 resource is your employees. Opening 5 hours earlier than everyone else on Thanksgiving so they can't see their families is a perfect example of your priorities. Nobody in your stores should make less than a Bueno employee. Even your management staff makes less. The company is fine, but the way you treat your employees is the worst I've... experienced

Stage Stores2017-11-23

"Refuse to take it any longer!!!"

Former Employee - Management in Mobile, AL

I worked at Stage Stores full-time

Pros

Nice people to work with for the most part at the store level. Help desk people are nice most of the time and supportive.

Cons

Does not seem to be a real sense of allocation when shipment comes in. Somebody needs to figure out what stores really need. TASK is more important to corporate than the customer and the employees are not appreciated in the least. Somebody is getting paid and it is not the employees doing the real work at the store level.

Advice to Management

At the corporate level, you better figure it out because you are losing your business. Take yourself off your pedestals and come on into the stores and feel what we feel. You have no compassion. Stop preaching about culture and values until you value us.

Stage Stores2016-04-16

"Ehhh."

Management in Montrose, CO

I have been working at Stage Stores

Pros

Great coworkers ,discounts, close to home, fun atmosphere, decent benefits including vacation and sick pay

Cons

Only offer part time to associates at minimum wage, tight on hours, hiring in new people at a higher wage than people that have worked there for years are making Have worked there for years are making. The amount of tasking does not equal the amount of hours provided to properly staff.

Advice to Management

My advice is not to Management it's too corporate. If you want great customer service and all the weekly tasks done also you need to allow management to properly staff the store by giving them more hours to work with. And I would consider paying your employees more because they are expected to do a heck of a lot more than minimum wage work. If those couple things changed you would have by far less turnover and it... would be a great place to work

Stage Stores2015-10-17