Stampin' Up! Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Sara Douglass

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Outside the box ideas were frequently requested by upper management, but didn't seem to be implemented (in 4 reviews)

• Recent changes to the demonstrator plan are concerning in regards to whether or not many people will be able to stay demonstrators (in 2 reviews)

"Fun company and coworkers"

Current Employee - Videographer in Riverton, UT
    Current Employee - Videographer in Riverton, UT

I have been working at Stampin' Up! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are easy to work with and Corporate team is great to work with. CEO is fun and personable. Family friendly company that urges you to attend family activities over staying late at work.

Cons

Compensation is not where it should be or in line with the State average. Too many HR employees for the actual amount of employees for the entire company.

Advice to Management

Giving a 4% bonus is worse than 2% raise. Bonuses are taxed an incredible amount and then doesn't feel like a bonus anymore.

"No growth potential"

I worked at Stampin' Up! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits regarding product discount. Very clean facility.

Cons

Definitely a divided atmosphere regarding the corporate employees from the warehouse employees. It seems management was afraid of change and lack of career progression.

Advice to Management

Look within your organization as a way to source your talent pool. Your employees are dedicated and want growth. The Nepotism policy should either be created and enforced.

"Accountability is a Dirty Word"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Riverton, UT
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Riverton, UT

I worked at Stampin' Up! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have great benefits and educational opportunities. It's also great if you are LDS and like to have opening prayers for corporate functions.

Cons

As a female developer I was counseled not to challenge a male co-workers code as his ego was fragile.

Advice to Management

Accountability SHOULD not be considered to harsh a word to use within a team. No team member should kowtow to another developers fragile ego.

"Great Environment"

Former Employee - Senior Sourcing and Development Specialist in Riverton, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Sourcing and Development Specialist in Riverton, UT

I worked at Stampin' Up! full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible and work-life balance friendly.

Cons

Not a great financial position and ever-changing direction from the c-suite.

Advice to Management

Vet out changes across the entire organization, engender buy-in where possible, and cut the bad changes before implementation.

"Great Intentions, but .."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

I worked at Stampin' Up! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, time off, holidays, super clean environment to work in and friendly co-workers. In their hearts, management has great intentions. It's a pretty upbeat environment most of the time.

Cons

If you are not happy, happy, joy, joy 24-7, you are frowned upon. If you have a different view or criticism of the next 'great idea', you are looked at as not being a team player. Constant compliments and enthusiasm are required. All the great 'life balance' people talk about are for salaried employees - not for the hourly. Few chances to promote. Upper management needs to go and be replaced with people who have business degrees and leadership.

Advice to Management

Love the CEO but the President ... super nice, but not effective. Get real business folks in to get rid of the lifers who are there because they are relatives or long time friends of the owners. I know the original MLM concept is what started SU, but I think eventually you will need to get rid of that and go online retail. Oh and for the love of pete, spend the $ and revamp IT. Those poor people have tried and tried to update the systems, but management hears the price tag and says no. When your whole system crashes, what then? You need good IT to excel in any company.

"Friendly Place to work."

Current Employee - Photographer in Riverton, UT
    Current Employee - Photographer in Riverton, UT

Pros

I work with fun people, who are all aspiring to be more creative, and I love it! It's also a very Family-oriented company

Cons

Sometimes, as a photographer, I don't feel as needed by the company

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Stampin' Up! full-time

Pros

Great environment, great colleagues to work with.

Cons

The salary could be higher.

"Company slowly falling out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

Pros

I think Stampin Up has high quality products and the company itself is a great place with work/life balance. They offered a very generous benefits package with time off/PTO accruals. Very friendly environment and great discounts on their products.

Cons

Continuous back order issues and problems with customer delivery and employee satisfaction. Perfect example is when the company provides a new annual catalog and two days after the new catalog goes live, they already have items on back order. This has always been a huge impact to their demonstrators as well large ignorance year after year. Even if the departments could worked hand and hand-which they tried to do -there should be a more accurate process to forecast what is going to sell. Either they have sales driving blind or they are in deep financial trouble. That was my main concern for looking outside the company for another position. I'm saddened that the company has become a sinking ship and won't be able to stay afloat with the 21 century and developing technology which they won't accept.

Advice to Management

Need to team up with departments instead of holding each other back. Unfortunately with internal promotions I learned long ago that the Managers have little interest in promoting candidates with real talent and instead select the candidate who's relative is the VP's son etc. Management should learn to rely on data instead of gut feeling.

9. "Human Resources"

I worked at Stampin' Up! full-time

Pros

Stampin' Up! has a great company culture. I really like the people I worked with. My boss had an open door policy and looked for ways to increase my skill sets (via conferences, training, etc.) to help me advance in my career.

Cons

Outside the box ideas were frequently requested by upper management, but didn't seem to be implemented. Otherwise, SU! is a great employer.

"another Director"

Pros

Great people
    Flexible Schedule
    Fun place to work, most of the time

Cons

This company was built by good people (most have left) and was truly a right place/right time product. They caught lightning in a bottle.....and try to catch it again every week. That said, the company was not built by business minded individuals who steered the ship, everyone was riding the wave and hanging on! So when sales turned south, well leadership didn't cause first wave, so they don't know how to cause a second wave.

Advice to Management

You have a great niche business. Find your sales sweet spot and adjust expenses around that sales amount, not increase expenses to try to increase sales. Good luck!