Stampin' Up! Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 62 reviews

3.3
Stampin' Up! CEO Sara Douglass
Sara Douglass
Pros
  • "Good benefits, flexible schedule, friendly co-workers(in 12 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Corporate team can't stick with a plan long enough to really see its effectiveness(in 6 reviews)

• "Executive team consists primarily of people with no other experience outside of Stampin' Up(in 4 reviews)

Marketing Specialist

I worked at Stampin' Up! full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great team to work on.

Cons

Long hours and not a lot of upward mobility

It's Ok, but you could probably find better

Former Employee - Marketing in Riverton, UT

I worked at Stampin' Up! full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Extremely flexible schedule. PTO is very generous. Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Corporate team doesn't know what they are doing. Company objectives change all the time. CEO needs more experience.

No growth potential

I worked at Stampin' Up! full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great benefits regarding product discount. Very clean facility.

Cons

Definitely a divided atmosphere regarding the corporate employees from the warehouse employees. It seems management was afraid of change and lack of career progression.

Advice to Management

Look within your organization as a way to source your talent pool. Your employees are dedicated and want growth. The Nepotism policy should either be created and enforced.

Accountability is a Dirty Word

Former Employee - Software Developer in Riverton, UT

I worked at Stampin' Up! full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have great benefits and educational opportunities. It's also great if you are LDS and like to have opening prayers for corporate functions.

Cons

As a female developer I was counseled not to challenge a male co-workers code as his ego was fragile.

Advice to Management

Accountability SHOULD not be considered to harsh a word to use within a team. No team member should kowtow to another developers fragile ego.

Fun company and coworkers

Current Employee - Videographer in Riverton, UT

I have been working at Stampin' Up! full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Coworkers are easy to work with and Corporate team is great to work with. CEO is fun and personable. Family friendly company that urges you to attend family activities over staying late at work.

Cons

Compensation is not where it should be or in line with the State average. Too many HR employees for the actual amount of employees for the entire company.

Advice to Management

Giving a 4% bonus is worse than 2% raise. Bonuses are taxed an incredible amount and then doesn't feel like a bonus anymore.

Great Environment

Former Employee - Senior Sourcing and Development Specialist in Riverton, UT

I worked at Stampin' Up! full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Very flexible and work-life balance friendly.

Cons

Not a great financial position and ever-changing direction from the c-suite.

Advice to Management

Vet out changes across the entire organization, engender buy-in where possible, and cut the bad changes before implementation.

Great Intentions, but ..

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

I worked at Stampin' Up! full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great benefits, time off, holidays, super clean environment to work in and friendly co-workers. In their hearts, management has great intentions. It's a pretty upbeat environment most of the time.

Cons

If you are not happy, happy, joy, joy 24-7, you are frowned upon. If you have a different view or criticism of the next 'great idea', you are looked at as not being a team player. Constant compliments and enthusiasm are required. All the great 'life balance' people talk about are for salaried employees - not for the hourly. Few chances to promote. Upper management needs to go and be replaced with people who have business...

Advice to Management

Love the CEO but the President ... super nice, but not effective. Get real business folks in to get rid of the lifers who are there because they are relatives or long time friends of the owners. I know the original MLM concept is what started SU, but I think eventually you will need to get rid of that and go online retail. Oh and for the love of pete, spend the $ and revamp IT. Those poor people have tried and tried to...

Friendly Place to work.

Current Employee - Photographer in Riverton, UT

I have been working at Stampin' Up!

Pros

I work with fun people, who are all aspiring to be more creative, and I love it! It's also a very Family-oriented company

Cons

Sometimes, as a photographer, I don't feel as needed by the company

Great place to work

I have been working at Stampin' Up! full-time

Pros

Great environment, great colleagues to work with.

Cons

The salary could be higher.

Company slowly falling out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT

I worked at Stampin' Up!

Pros

I think Stampin Up has high quality products and the company itself is a great place with work/life balance. They offered a very generous benefits package with time off/PTO accruals. Very friendly environment and great discounts on their products.

Cons

Continuous back order issues and problems with customer delivery and employee satisfaction. Perfect example is when the company provides a new annual catalog and two days after the new catalog goes live, they already have items on back order. This has always been a huge impact to their demonstrators as well large ignorance year after year. Even if the departments could worked hand and hand-which they tried to do -there...

Advice to Management

Need to team up with departments instead of holding each other back. Unfortunately with internal promotions I learned long ago that the Managers have little interest in promoting candidates with real talent and instead select the candidate who's relative is the VP's son etc. Management should learn to rely on data instead of gut feeling.

Found 62 reviews