Stamps.com Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Stamps.com Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Ken McBride
Ken McBride

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great environment, management cares, great benefits."

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Stamps.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Supervisors do care about your performance and your well being. Multiple monthly reviews on your performance to help you better the areas you need help in, and praising you for your good work.
    - Lots and lots of benefits for doing a good job based on metrics, such as a paid day off, or a bonus on your next paycheck.
    - A variety of free healthy and not-so-healthy snacks in the break room every day.
    - Casual dress environment if you care to do so.
    - They like to hire within first as long as you have the skills and promise to be in whatever position you're looking to apply for when it is open.

Cons

There are no real cons as there is always going to be something that you don't like with any job. However, the cons at Stamps.com aren't that significant to even be listed.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I always like I was on the same level when talking with any manager because you were all so personal.

2. "I'm home!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Stamps.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A leadership team that cares, engaged fellow employees, amazing company perks, collaboration between groups, and a spirit of humility which creates an atmosphere where progress and growth can happen.

Cons

Not really a con but internal processes are a little behind the time. However, improvements are being made across the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to value and listen to your employees. They are committed to the success of the company.

3. "Great Company : Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Stamps.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management
    Team Motivated
    Great Work Space
    Work Ethic
    Growing
    Financially Sound

Cons

Systems
    Lack of sync in network access within companies

Advice to Management

Invest in core systems so employees can be more efficient

"Evolving and Growing"

I have been working at Stamps.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro is that this company has been smart with their money and business strategy. They have learned from their past and use that knowledge to guide their future. Stamps aggressively promotes from within and as a result, they have long tenured staff members. They have also recently been hiring from outside in key positions. This has brought in new perspectives, best practice, and more. It's reinvigorated the environment. Stamps genuinely works hard to do the right thing by the people even when some tough decisions are required. We just had a quarterly meeting where the CFO said several times that the success of the business is a result of the people. That was refreshing to hear.

Cons

Stamps.com had several acquisitions in the past 2-3 years. They doubled in size as a result. That is visible in their processes and culture. It's very clear there's an evolution and growth occurring which means there's also growing pains. Some of the processes are slow as is the communication. However, from the people I've met, these are good people with good intentions doing the best they can in an integrating environment.

Advice to Management

We could use more communication across the execs, teams, and divisions. We have a dynamic CEO and it would be nice to see him more. Continue cultivating change and finding better and faster ways of doing things. Automation is going to help reduce redundant or cumbersome work. Continue being frugal (not cheap).

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Stamps.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a strong and motivated group of employees who really care about doing the best thing for the customer and the company. Also, management recognizes the strong performers and is quick to place qualified people onto the management track.

Cons

I have never seen a more dishonest management team in all my 30 years in business. There are serious problems with the core business model, but management refuses to address them, choosing instead to trick the employees into believing that everything is fine.

Advice to Management

Make the hard choices to transform the business in order to avoid risking what the employees have worked so hard to build. And enough with the mergers. The are screwing up the culture and making the daily workflow quite chaotic.

"Great environment"

Former Employee - Technical Support in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Stamps.com full-time

Pros

They promote within often. I found that I was spending much of my time there, with employess off and on the clock. Great people

Cons

Tight metrics in tech support. You get a lot of angry customers that are your typical post office workers. I have been called names and yelled at just to get free stamp sheets. You see people in customer care crying in the bathroom often

7. "Resident Advisor"

Pros

Free Housing was good for compensation

Cons

The pay could have been better

8. "Good"

I have been working at Stamps.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Breaks breaks and more breaks

Cons

Location want my ideal choice

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Care in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Stamps.com full-time

Pros

Surrounded by smart and hardworking employees throughout the company. You are not just a name or number, management cares about each individual. Exception: if you are not prideful and passionate of the role you play, you are going to struggle and eventually managed out.

Cons

Nothings major.

Some of minor stuff: The Jura Coffee/Espresso/Capuchin machines are too slow, snacks/drinks in lunch room need to be stocked 24/7

Advice to Management

Over the years, I've gone through all the growth and improvements; Keep up the great work!

10. "Fantastic Company"

I have been working at Stamps.com full-time

Pros

Terrific company with a heavy emphasis on promoting from within. If you are intelligent and motivated, you will excel here. All employees are given equity. Most departments have a fantastic work/life balance; extremely rare in the software industry.

Note that most negative reviews are from our award-winning Customer Care team, which has high standards that lead to satisfied customers and grade-A employees (who are almost inevitably promoted), but dissatisfied grade-C employees (who are almost inevitably pushed out).

Cons

Relatively ancient company in the tech sector; prepare to juggle legacy systems if you're on the tech side. However, company is doing a good job of modernizing process (switched to agile/scrum methodology over a year ago) and legacy systems are being overhauled.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Continue the strategy of cultivating and retaining key talent, valuing the customer experience, and avoiding existential risks.