Standard Parking Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Standard Parking President and CEO G Marc Baumann
G Marc Baumann

Pros
  • Great company good people to work with (in 4 reviews)

• This is a great place to work if you are looking to make your way up (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Did everything they could to make you part time so no benefits, even when working full time (in 7 reviews)

• Limited ceiling for compensation, few opportunities for advancement (in 3 reviews)

1. "Steady work"

Current Employee - Shuttle Bus Driver in Riverdale, GA
    Current Employee - Shuttle Bus Driver in Riverdale, GA

I have been working at Standard Parking (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company good people to work with.

Cons

Full time to partime because of seniority.

"Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Standard Parking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Co-workers at my location and pay was competitive for the area at the time. Allowed a lot of interaction with customers and was a relatively simple job.

Cons

Slow days left you very bored, there is only so much you can do for 8 hours in a small booth when you only have one customer an hour.

Advice to Management

Management there was great from the big boss down to the supervisory team.

3. "Good"

Current Employee - Drivier Helper in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Drivier Helper in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Standard Parking part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy Work During The Time Of My Time With Them

Cons

Their Was Not Any Downsides Of Working With This Company

5. "Facilities Manager"

Former Employee - Facility Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Facility Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

This is a great place to work if you are looking to make your way up. They take a lot of people from within so it might be hard at first to get a job

Cons

The pay is low when you are starting off, but as you make your way up you'll be able to make more and more money.

6. "Standard Parking in Ft Lauderdale Airport Florida is the Best company to work for."

Former Employee - Valet Attendant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Valet Attendant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Standard Parking part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a full time student in school to become a x-ray technician. I worked as a valet attendant to pay my way thru schools. The manager in the valet department was very helpful with adjusting my work schedule so that I continue going to school. He treated me with respect & always worked with the employees. This guy even helped me with my resume which landed me my new job at a clinic. I wanted to stay but the hours with the clinic wouldn't work with the valet. The manager also listened to the employee concerns and made changes to the operation which made the valet run smoother but made our job less stressful. The past manager sucked & just didn't understand how to run valet. The new manager is smart.

Cons

There was little to no cons to be honest, I was not fortunate enough to land a full-time job because they were not hiring full-timers only part-times but the good part about this was we got paid more money than the full timers.

Advice to Management

The new manager is great, give him a raise. If he leaves his employees will probably leave with him.

7. "It is a Great company to work for, but they have tip pooling now that sucks and all the drivers hate"

Current Employee - Driver in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Driver in Nashville, TN

Pros

The people that work there are very cool for the most part , it has flexible hours for students which is great.

Cons

The whether conditions that are unpredictable is horrible especially living in Nashville Tennessee. But besides that everything else is okay.

Advice to Management

Advice to management would be to get rid of the damn tip pool, you know that your drivers hate it because they can not hustle for there own money so why keep it?

"Easy place to work at"

Current Employee - Cashier in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Standard Parking part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really easy place to work at, you basically just take payment for parking as the customers are leaving. You meet a lot of different people it's pretty fun.

Cons

Some people park, and although the prices are listed at the entrance some customers are upset at he price to pay when they leave. Customers don't alwAys understand if they have to park or just leave after five for a residential discount, this is because the company isn't very clear on weather you have to leave or park after five pm on the signs they have up

9. "I enjoyed my work and the Co. was fair to me always"

Former Employee - Parrking Enforcemeent Ofc in Palm Springs, CA
    Former Employee - Parrking Enforcemeent Ofc in Palm Springs, CA

I worked at Standard Parking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We worked hard and played hard

Cons

people don't like getting parking citations

10. "GREAT WORK PLACE"

Current Employee - Lot Attendant/Cashier in Traverse City, MI
    Current Employee - Lot Attendant/Cashier in Traverse City, MI

I have been working at Standard Parking part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

our site is very laid back, very comfortable work enviorment, independent work, set schedules, and flexable hours, also you are gaurenteed at least a cost of living raise every year. you get holiday pay which is double time vs time an a half. usually the people who do work here stay for long periods of time, specifically our one employee who has been here for 9 years and its a very warm and family like business. all about satifying the customers and helping them with needs to make their visit pleasurable. its nice to feel like your boss vaules and appreciates you and your work ethic. also our site manager is very will to teach, learn, and help out his employees also our site manager is all about encouraging personal achievements and growth as a person. i have personal hae never had a better job with a better boss. i love my job and our management at our site and co-workers. along with other co-workers they are very welcoming and accepting and eager to teach... everyone is a team player, its like a giant family and couldnt ask for better. plus can be transfered to other sites.

Cons

midnights arent the greatest have to work in all weather conditions even extreme, no benefits, no full time status, no room for promotions, no proformance raise. machines go down frequently. our site manager is wonderful and very approachable but district/regional manager never seen or met them.

Advice to Management

it would be nice to recieve benefits and have the chance of full time. properly running machinery. proformence raises would be delightful.

11. "Valet"

Former Employee - Valet Attendant
    Former Employee - Valet Attendant

Pros

Good pay for a part time job and flexible hours

Cons

Did everything they could to make you part time so no benefits, even when working full time.