Standards Home Health Reviews | Glassdoor

2.1
CEO

1. "Home health"

I worked at Standards Home Health full-time

Pros

Great place but has a heavy work load.

Cons

Not enough staff. To many chiefs and not enough I Dianna

Advice to Management

Hire staff that actually work

2. "Do NOT work here- go somewhere where you will be valued and appreciated"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bastrop, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bastrop, TX

I worked at Standards Home Health (More than a year)

Pros

The individual nurses, therapists, marketers and office personnel were, for the most part, wonderful to work with

Cons

Unrealistic expectations of field clinicians, decisions made quickly and often in upper management that negatively effects the rest of the company, programs are started and stopped frequently, terminate employees often- HIGH turnover, the company is more willing to invest in new employees versus training current (good, productive) employees, no respect for employees, open discussion and sharing of ideas discouraged, "my way or the highway" mentality and "good ol boy" management style

Advice to Management

listen to the people that work for you, give them a voice and you will have more support, in the end it will cost you less money---that should resonate with you at least

3. "A lot of experience gained."

Former Employee - Recruitment Coordinator/Human Resources Coordinator in Cameron, TX

I worked at Standards Home Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of experience to be gained. There are also several opportunities for promotion if you work hard. Salaries are also competitive.

Cons

Travel is high compared to the amount of paperwork that is needed. Especially if you are in a position that is not fully in the office or in the field.

"Run Away! Run Away!"

Former Employee - Field RN
    Former Employee - Field RN

I worked at Standards Home Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I did appreciate the quality of some of my coworkers, and appreciated that they trained me to be a home health nurse when I had no prior experience at this. However, the training was spotty and not organized.

Cons

This agency refuses to listen to suggestions from employees, and fires people for no apparent reason, even employees who have an excellent service record. They overwork their nurses to the point where nurses cannot possibly physically get all their assigned work done in a 24 hr day. They also pass over people despite promises of advancement.