Standards Solution Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 28, 2017

2.5
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great for those who enjoy something different!"

I have been working at Standards Solution part-time

Pros

The work is different everyday: delivering professional development workshops to teachers, conducting demonstration lessons in classrooms, and reviewing students products and providing feedback and suggestions.

Cons

The work is on a per diem basis, which can be challenging for anyone who needs a consistent salary.

2. "BE CAREFUL!!!"

I worked at Standards Solution part-time

Pros

The mission statement is very clear and it's great that they work with the school systems. Normal employees are very nice and sweet.

Cons

The owner (she) belittles you and you would feel worthless sooner or later.
          She also tells you to ask questions, but when you do ask a valid question, she would either give a vague answer or tells you to "figure it out", because if you can't then why would she hired you for.
          If you ask the wrong question and made her feel some type of way, she'll take it out on you.
         A very boring work place.

Advice to Management

Make sure you keep your promises.
    Be nice to your employees, not just your favorites, because it's not fair.
    Watch what you say, because sometimes things aren't like what they look like because there's a reason behind every single action.

3. "Horrific Experience"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Standards Solution as a contractor

Pros

As a teacher, working in the educational industry was most pleasurable. There is plenty of opportunity to contribute to the greater good of education.

Cons

The owner is unstable and devalues employees in front of other employees. The unprofessional ways that many great staff members were treated is really quite shameful.

Advice to Management

Provide a more positive working environment and treat your most valuable assets, your staff, with the respect they deserve.

4. "Some perks but too much instability"

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Variety of opportunities, Great coworkers, Networking

Cons

Lack of administrative support, Company had financial instability, Frequent Turnover

5. "Great Place!!"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Washington, NJ
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Washington, NJ

I have been working at Standards Solution full-time

Pros

It is true that the company let’s a lot of people go in their first 90 days. We are a small office and we need people that know what they are doing. If they cannot do the job, then they do not make it past the probationary period. I do not agree with some of these reviews.

The office staff does not believe that the people that wrote bad reviews really worked for us. At least they have not worked with us in a long time. The owners do not live in New Jersey and do not interact with the staff.

From someone that has worked here for more than a year, I have to say that I really like the company. Our office staff gets along really well. And the consultants are great too.

Cons

Can't really think of any. Good benefits

Advice to Management

Don't change a thing

6. "Great place to work, strong company mission"

Former Employee - Curriculum Developer in Washington, NJ
    Former Employee - Curriculum Developer in Washington, NJ

I worked at Standards Solution full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is one of the few places where I have worked that has a real mission. They really want to make a difference for kids and it shows in how they conduct business.

The work environment was also fun. Everyone got along well and the owner was great. She's a hands on leader with a lot of experience and she works to use her expertise to help advance the company.

Cons

I was tasked with writing content which at times became tedious. I did have the opportunity to work on other projects though so that helped break up the day.

Advice to Management

Conduct more professional development sessions with the senior leadership team. I always loved our outings and work get togethers, They were a great way to get to know everyone better and helped build a close team. It would have been great to have more.

7. "Good Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

Pros

I really enjoyed working for this company. The training was excellent. The people that work for the company were warm and welcoming. I did not find the owner to be objectionable. She always acted in a professional manner towards me.

Cons

I found it difficult to travel to different locations to do workshops so I went back to work in a school district. The work is difficult, even though I really enjoyed working with so many educators.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. "Unpleasant Environment"

Pros

They seem to have a good mission being that they are in the education field and work with school systems in New Jersey.

Cons

If I could give this review zero stars, I would. I worked here about a year ago and I can attest to the fact that all the bad reviews about this place are true! I walked out on the job which is something I have never done before. When you feel you have been backed into a corner every single day by the owner, I felt I had no other choice. Talking to her reasonably was not an option because she is a raging lunatic. You never knew what mood you were going to get when she walked through the door. I used to dread going into work every day. She absolutely makes you feel like you can't do anything right and that you are completely worthless. The only people that have been able to make it at this place are people she knows personally, like her best friend and former nanny. Stay away from Standards Solution and you will be happy you did!

Advice to Management

The owner should stop writing her own reviews posing as employees. It is getting pretty sad.

9. "BEWARE!!!"

I worked at Standards Solution full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately there are not many (if you work in the office) but your work day is a straight 8 hours, lunch is paid, and pay is fair. If you are working in the field as a consultant, it may not be as bad.

Cons

Where do I start? The owner gives you absolutely no training, yet she expects you to know the job as if you have already been there for a year. She tells you to "ask questions" but when you do she tells you to "figure it out". This company is a revolving door. Many office staff have walked out on their lunches never to return. If Standards Solution is such a wonderful and lovely place to work as other employees have claimed, then why have so many of your office staff not even given you the decency of quitting properly? Perhaps if she treated her employees fairly and with respect, and also took the time to train them properly she would have a much smoother running ship. Such a shame, because the company could be great and I loved the fact that they worked with our school systems. if you are considering working for Standards Solutions, please heed this warning.

Advice to Management

Train your new employees properly and then you will not have such a high turnover rate.

10. "Horrible Management!!!"

Pros

There really weren't that many pros, but if I have to say something nice about this company is that the lower level employees are extremely nice and pleasant to work with.

Cons

The owner will belittle you and make you feel worthless. She certainly has her favorites and if you aren't one of those 3 people, she will treat you horribly and virtually do everything in her power to make you leave.