Stanford Health Care Reviews

Healthcare

7h

a

Counselor

Just started a new job as an LMHC 7 weeks ago. It’s fee for service. Was told during the interview I’d have a full caseload always and have more stable clients. However, I’ve been getting at least 1 no show/cancel per day and found out that I don’t get paid for it unless the client pays. Now with these no show / late cancels, I have less clients and no new intakes are being put in my schedule even though I’ve alerted the intake dept several times. Is it bad I want to leave already?

5 Comments

Healthcare

31.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Stanford Health Care~11884
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits but gradually cutting more and adding cost to the employees.(in 131 reviews)
  • "The pay was great, I would say the huddles each department does in the mornings were great too.(in 79 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 52 reviews)
  • "Competitive salary, top of research(in 30 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and very supportive of each other.(in 24 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Stanford Health Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Loved working here!

Nov 10, 2021 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nurses there are so friendly and supportive no matter which unit you go to! All the staff you interact with seem to be happy and enjoy working there. I was a travel nurse who stayed for 3 contracts because of how much I loved it- if I chose to stay in the Bay Area, I definitely would have stayed there permanently! M5 (Kidney/Liver transplant) is such a wonderful unit to join if you ever consider working there!

Cons

I had no complaints while working here.

2. 5.0

May 4, 2022 - Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment for all

Cons

WFH is not supported throughout organization

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0

Good place to work

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good benefits - Great professionals

Cons

- Poor management depending on your department - Not many opportunities for growth

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great work environment

May 15, 2022 - Referral Coordinator in Newark, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, helpful staff, overall friendly atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes people get to micromanaging

5. 5.0

Great professional development

May 12, 2022 - Oncology Nurse in Emeryville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Encourges and supports professional development. Very competitive pay.

Cons

Can't think of anything to say

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work/great salary

May 11, 2022 - Nurse Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary! Seemingly limitless funds Union not too bad

Cons

Very 1950s doctor-centered culture Disorganized Not a lot of promotion within

7. 5.0

Great Company

May 12, 2022 - Scrum Master
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work with

Cons

Sometimes management is non existent

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

I hit my glass ceiling

May 8, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Stanford, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

after a one week strike, Stanford realized that the RNs were right in stating our acuities were much higher than in community hospital. They have agreed that RNs need to be attracted to working and living in the Bay Area- highest cost of living in the country

Cons

Top heavy with admin. They haven't been to the bedside in decades and have no clue how difficult it is. There are six levels of admin between a bedside nurse and the CEO....20 years ago, maybe 3 levels. Not sure what they do all day, but Stanford a not for profit hospital has made millions of dollars every year

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Grateful

May 10, 2022 - Patient Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and great people to work with

Cons

Long commute that was stressful and too much time

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Loved working there

May 9, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN
    Business Outlook

Pros

great learning environment, culture of inclusion and respect, GREAT benefits. AMAZING nurses union.

Cons

hard to transfer to the ICU from the floor as a bedside nurse.. but not impossible!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,085 Reviews

Stanford Health Care Reviews FAQs

Stanford Health Care has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,184 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Stanford Health Care to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Stanford Health Care employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Stanford Health Care. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

79% of Stanford Health Care employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Stanford Health Care 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Stanford Health Care to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, management.

Popular Careers with Stanford Health Care Job Seekers