Stanford Hotel Group Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

4.2
CEO

"Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hotel Group (More than a year)

Pros

I work at Stanford Hotels Corporation for almost two years. My experience consists in many years in Hospitality Industry high - end Hotel brands, different cities, countries and work environment model. With that said, I have worked with lots of people from different culture and nationalities. I found here, Senior Executives of the highest professional caliber and respect. The office environment is mature, technical and strictly down to business. Excellent work/ life balance and benefits.

Cons

The company carries a unique culture. If you are ready to understand and embrace this organization, then you won't have any Cons. I am grateful for this opportunity and learning experience.

2. "Corporate Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I've been with the company for 3 years. It has been a great learning experience coming from property level management. There is a good work/life balance. Many of the corporate office staff have been with the company 10+ years which says a lot. Benefits package is good and if you work 5+ years you qualify for 3 weeks vacation.

Cons

I'm grateful to work with corporate staff. Not many cons.

Stanford Hotel Group Response

Dec 16, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We hope you stick around to reach that 10 year mark as well!

3. "Windows Bay Restaurant"

Current Contractor - Hotel Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Hotel Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hotel Group as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Beautiful restaurant and great location. price is right for all the items. People have been working for long time

Cons

Managed poorly both in rooms and the food. No direction from anyone. People very unqualified. Place is mismanaged by the top people.

Advice to Management

Don't close eyes. Please do something to remove the bad things that have brought this beautiful place down

"Lacking Leadership"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Stanford Hotel Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stock pile of Capital Reserves to easily renovate hotels.

Cons

Very Poor Corporate Leadership. No incentive programs of any significance, no recognition programs, No company culture from corporate office to indivual hotels. Outdated leadership styles that verge on Dictitorial in nature with senior leadership that lacks relevant and recenet exerpience.

Advice to Management

Understand who your true talent is and treat those people with respect. Clean house at the corporate level within senior leadership at Sales/Marketing and Revenue Mangement. Bring in replacements that have recent experience and excel in people skils