Stanford Park Hotel Reviews in Menlo Park, CA | Glassdoor

CEO

"Excellent company"

Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Server/Waiter in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Stanford Park Hotel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Competitive pay
    - Good work-life balance
    - Solid training
    - Management is well trained and knowledgeable
    - Beautiful and well-maintained environment

Cons

- Some employees aren't as professional as they should be so better training/selectiveness for the staff would be good. - Employee bathroom is somewhat small.

2. "The leadership team unfortunately is a representation of Woodside Hotels and this is very unfortunate!"

Former Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Stanford Park Hotel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will meet some of the most wonderful and hard working individuals. Wonderful management at the front desk, guest rooms, restaurant and the kitchen.

Cons

Leadership committee needs more training, Human Resources is either blind or stupid to not know how things are being handled at this place, no training, no guidance, no performance reviews. It is scary how things are handled at this place-it's evil! They tell you that you are doing a great job and before you know it; they tell you when is your last day. They don't believe in training and performance reviews, they say you are no good.

Advice to Management

Woodside Hotel's management needs to audit this place asap!

"Night Auditor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Stanford Park Hotel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clientele, location, status, co-workers.

Cons

Some staff members are un-professional

"Encourages Sharing of Unique Thinking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Stanford Park Hotel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This hospitality company encourages out-of -the box thinking, collaboration, and celebrates success, no matter the size. They often hire based on potential, not just experience.

Cons

Staff turnover happens, but mainly because they hire great team members with potential and train them for success, Unfortunately, many then leave for the next step in their career step or higher pay.

Advice to Management

Full time efforts are needed on recruiting from the corporate level, with a focus on entry level and mid level management so that succession planning efforts can be fulfilled.

6. "Love this Place!"

Current Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

You are part of a winning team: The hotel is # 1 on TripAdvisor and the Menlo Grill is #2. People who work here get to use their personality in order to provide genuine hospitality. The management is friendly, helpful and there is no division line between supervisors and workers. Everybody works hard but it is super fun because we are generous with each other and the guests. The place is beautiful and the benefits are pretty good too. Company sponsored health and dental insurance. 401k with matching funds, parties, safety programs, recognition events, awards, and advancement opportunities and hotel stays as well as big food discounts. I had to go part time for a while and they worked with my schedule and I couldn't wait to go full time again because I like the people I work with.

Cons

You are expected to be "on-it" all of the time. Co-workers make sure that the processes are followed so there is no time to just chill...we work hard but it is fun to be part of the best. Guests are appreciative of hospitality however they expect perfection. This place is great for those who are on top of their game.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The place is great but like you always say: moving from good to great and great to phenomenal is part of the DNA...keep helping us be phenomenal!

7. "No thank you"

Former Employee - Front Desk in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Stanford Park Hotel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

65% on great restaurant.
    VIP Encounters
    Free Coffee
    Good starting wage

Cons

Understaffed
    Lack of real meaningful change
    Status quo conformity

Advice to Management

Hire more front desk. Create incentives for front desk to stay and grow. Take care of employees.

8. "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Stanford Park Hotel full-time

Pros

People are really helpful. Me and my fellow employees love it here. They take good care of us but also expect us to do the right thing. When it is your job to make people happy and you are empowered to do so it makes coming to work a lot of fun.

The managers are friendly and try to work with people of all skill levels. They show that they care and even the General Manager asks me about my family and when it is busy he helps out too. The benefits are great and if you want to make a career of hotel work then the HR Director, GM and Accounting team give good advise and will help you out.

Cons

Sometimes it is sort of high pressure since everybody expects you to never make a mistake. This is good because it creates a great team but bad because you never get a chance to just chill while you are working.

Advice to Management

Keep helping us improve and teaching us how to do better. I have already been promoted and I plan on working hard to do even better.

9. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Stanford Park Hotel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very welcoming and eager to help. Benefits are great, many events and perks are offered for the staff.

Cons

I have really enjoyed my time with Stanford Park this far and do not have any cons to list.

Advice to Management

Continue to value employees highly, actively manage and hold everyone accountable to following hotel standards.