Stanford University Reviews
82% would recommend to a friend
(4658 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
Found 4,658 of over 5K reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Stanford University
Salaries in Tech
7 months ago
I have received an offer by King Ventures LLC and this position is remote. They had me fill out an extensive questionnaire as an interview but never met me over zoom or in person. Could this job be a scam or is it normal for remote positions to be offered without a meeting?
Got a burning question about Stanford University? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Stanford University employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "people were great and nice to work with" (in 392 reviews)
- "They offer great benefits and promote a career at Stanford rather than just a job." (in 379 reviews)
- "one of the best places If you like to do research and the campus is beautiful" (in 307 reviews)
- "Great faculty and colleagues and resources" (in 133 reviews)
- "Good work life balance is good" (in 110 reviews)
- "Low salary because of the way the fellowship works; can only work domestically not internationally" (in 239 reviews)
- "Low pay and very antiquated." (in 214 reviews)
- "Parking is expensive and limited" (in 71 reviews)
- "Poor management; Discouraging and had unreasonable expectations as working from home began due to covid" (in 57 reviews)
- "Managers don't hold themselves accountable and you wonder what they do all day." (in 39 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Stanford University and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 24, 2023Summer Teaching AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearStanford, CA
Advisor created this position for me (needed a summer opportunity and he had some items he needed reviewed for his courses in the fall).
As a part-time, I did not work as much as I would have hoped.
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Postdoctoral ResearcherCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPalo Alto, CA
Great opportunities, supportive community, strong alumni network, access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
hypercompetitive, administrative hurdles, poor work-life balance
- 5.0Nov 26, 2023Research AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsStanford, CA
Facilities such as gym, pool, etc.
Living in an expensive neighborhood
- 5.0Nov 16, 2023LecturerFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsPalo Alto, CA
Worked at Stanford as a Lecturer for 10 years and they were amazing! They really took care of their people and the community was so tight that I would have stayed there forever.
Palo Alto was a very expensive place to live, unfortunately this is why I left.
Stanford University Reviews FAQs
Stanford University has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 5,178 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Stanford University to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
82% of Stanford University employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Stanford University 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.