Stanley Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gayle Roberts

1. "Excellent people and working environment."

Former Employee - Senior Civil Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Civil Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Stanley Consultants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Interesting work, good people. Always felt like working for a firm that was concerned with its employees' well-being and development. Progressively increases in responsibility were available.

Cons

Conservatively managed firm; this means that caution is always exercised when pursuing new business opportunities, which has some benefits, but also costs.

Advice to Management

Aggressively pursuing new business will keep the firm independent in the future.

"Client Service Manager"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at Stanley Consultants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits and some good people who I feel sorry for.

Cons

Horrible management that is incapable of moving the company forward in the direction it could go. I was fired at 64 years and 9 months old ostensibly for failure to meet an unobtainable sales goal. I took the local office from nothing to success in less than 4 years. It is now poised to meet and exceed the sales goal based on my efforts. I believe the real reason that I was fired was age discrimination and cost cutting for short term gains at the expense of long term success. The company has recently hired individuals who failed at other companies. Their reward has been to become officers of the company. Current market leaders in multiple categories are inept. Transportation and water are two prominent examples where the leadership is clueless and damaging.

Advice to Management

Emulate successful companies in the business instead of those who are not doing well. Quit lying to employees and prospective employees. Quit advertising that the company is a great place to work until it really is that kind of place.

3. "Good people and projects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Challenging projects where we get to make a difference. I work with a lot of good people with diverse talents. The office is in a convenient location. I enjoy working here -- couldn't say this about other employers. Feel my boss respects my work, my opinions, and is very fair and good.

Cons

In the midst of reorganizing the company's structure so things are not running completely smooth, yet. However, I have faith management will work out the kinks.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for perfection and continue to provide open lines of communication.

5. "Nightmare"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Stanley Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros here

Cons

No work. These guys hire for a week or one month project without telling you and then let you go. Beware!

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Don't treat them like they're expendable.

6. "Senior Construction Observer"

Current Employee - Senior Construction Observer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Construction Observer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Stanley Consultants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Big Company with international size

Cons

Big Company, I am just another number

Advice to Management

Listen to Members

7. "Good people; Lacking development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Stanley Consultants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good group of people to work with who are willing to help any time you need it. All you have to do is ask. So far, work/life balance has been good. Working environment seems to be conducive to life outside of work (may be location dependent).

Cons

Lack of formal training program for new hires. Member development is by trial-and-error for the most part. When work is scarce, so are learning opportunities.

Advice to Management

Formalize and execute a plan for training and development of new members. There's potential that's being wasted because there's no real clear path forward/up.

"A good company to work with"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Stanley Consultants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great team members on the floor. great benefits

Cons

Peaks and valleys work load, understandable for consultant work
    Horrible upper management. extremely closed minded and still stuck in the 20's of last century, overpaid and they are the only ones getting bonuses.
    There is no interaction between the senior management and other members.

Advice to Management

Quit hindering members. increase compensation (to other non-management members).

9. "It is Okay"

Current Employee - Member in Muscatine, IA
    Current Employee - Member in Muscatine, IA

I have been working at Stanley Consultants full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management emphasis on members. They do things with the members best interest in mind. There is interest in improving the company performance.

Cons

Understaffed in most Shared Services departments. Puts a lot of stress on Corporate Services members to serve the Operations side of the business.

Advice to Management

Staff to the work load or change the expectations and priorities for shared services groups.

"Issues with Management and Senior Engineers"

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Stanley Consultants (More than a year)

Pros

Great people out on the floor. I enjoyed my coworkers.

Cons

Trouble in management. Lots of talk on training, actions do not back that up. Not a big fan of the location.

Advice to Management

Come out of your offices and figure out what is actually happening on the floor.

"Where careers go to die"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

There are no pros to list.

Cons

Recruit people as "full time" employees, for only one month of work and then send them home. This has happened over and over and over, and continues to happen. Discriminatory towards women. Leadership is nonexistent. Growth potential is nonexistent. Leadership does not exist. Attending training or conferences is not supported by management. Everyone is out for themselves, there is no team environment. Communication is micromanaged. Interaction between employees is discouraged and penalized. Low morale throughout the company, I don't know of a single happy employee. Those above you will take credit for your hard work, and insult your abilities to others. Business has declined and looks grim. Projects managers think they know better than the client and don't give them what they want and always go over budget. Managers expect you to donate time every week, and use personal vehicle for projects without compensation. Layoffs have happened and increased. High turnover. "Benefits" are the worse I've ever seen. HR doesn't help and ignores the constant issues. Confiding in HR only puts a target on your back for more horrendous treatment.

Advice to Management

The reduction of workload is a reflection of you and your refusal to grow with the industry. Stop padding your salaries and invest in your employees. Hold managers and project managers accountable for their lies and misdeeds.