Stanley Security Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Robert Raff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great salary pay and benefits and other things this company offers so get it while there hiring before it is to late" (in 6 reviews)

• "A well managed company offering good benefits" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "And lack of respect from upper management" (in 10 reviews)

• "Massive customer service issues" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful benefits. Great co-workers. Great resources available to do job. Support certifications and training. Leadership Integrity and trustworthiness.

Cons

A lot to do everyday. Numerous deadlines without taking into consideration other priorities.

Advice to Management

Don't load your people up so much at the end of the month. Spread it out.

"Install technician II"

Current Employee - Install II in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Install II in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discounts on tools. Decent insurance

Cons

No pay increases worth mentioning. Little training. Bad attitude from management

Advice to Management

Start an apprenticeship program so people can grow. Reward techs with increases. Halt the good ole boy network that encourages bad behavior from middle management. Pay better. Pay more for on call. Give raises. Don't let middle name managers run the office. Keep them in check with compliance managers. Promote from within. Give increases when due. Pay better.

"HR - CSS"

I worked at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, a well known brand name, and making an impact in the world for security of life and property. If you are willing to relocate, there are great opportunities at SBD across the various business units.

Cons

It is a businesses that has been in transition for a long time. High pressure environment with little empowerment to mid-level managers. Poor executive leadership both at the business unit and SS level that fail to align on plans each year. The business is always running behind on revenue targets. There are great field, operations, and sales staff that work at Stanley Security, and many are driven out by RIFs.

Advice to Management

SBD likes to rotate people from other parts of the tools business into the security side. This is driving away and removing the talent that has experience in the security industry.

It is hard to sell Stanley Security to future prospects when there are quarterly RIF actions.

"Ok"

Current Employee - Installation Manager in Trumbull, CT
    Current Employee - Installation Manager in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits & pay. Local team is amazing to work with, stability and growth Are positives. Company has a lot of resources at your disposal.

Cons

Corporate is too focused on the numbers and not the customer service aspect of the business. Too many changes too soon

5. "Branch Coordinator"

Current Employee - Branch Coordinator
    Current Employee - Branch Coordinator

I have been working at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The local branch crews and coworkers are like family. Most people at the local branches are devoted to their work, loyal, and willing to work to get the job done right the first time to satisfy the customer.

Cons

Corporate office has ruined the environment of Stanley Security over the past two years. Everyone is overworked, overstressed, overwhelmed, and intimidated by corporate office and their demands. The constant, out-of-touch, demands set by corporate office has created a daily "scared for my job" environment for low level management, general branch office associates, and local branch technicians.

Advice to Management

The "numbers" will not solve your issues. This is not proving true now, nor will it in the future. Until you take care of your employees and improve the morale, starting from the bottom and working up, you will not see an impact in your "numbers".

6. "Service Technician"

Former Employee - Tech III in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Tech III in Houston, TX

I worked at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great career, pay compensation is very good

Cons

Usually too many hrs, not much home life

"Micro managed"

Current Employee - Service
    Current Employee - Service

I have been working at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits and company discounts on tools. The pay is good. Our local ops manager is great.

Cons

Horrible micro management by people who dont know what they are doing. They also hire field supervisors who have ZERO field experience. There is no track for advancement. Lots of promises for training that never happens

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing your money makers and the employees that have daily customer interaction. Promote people that know what they are doing and stop sticking people in random positions.

8. "Great company"

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A well managed company offering good benefits. Very professional yet you are part of a team. I enjoyed my time with this company, and would have stayed longer, had I not moved out of state.

Cons

I don't know of any cons to list here. I was very pleased with my employment here during the time I was employed. I

9. "Security Consultant"

Pros

Good Manager and co-workers. Big company resources

Cons

Big company management brings too many people not directly involved with customers. Some are just working for a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Take better care of the customer and those that work directly with the customer.

10. "Security Monitoring Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Stanley Security Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hrs. Shift differential , Holiday and Vacation

Cons

None at this time ok

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work