Stansberry Research Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2020

4.4
Stansberry Research CEO Mark Arnold (no image)
Mark Arnold
  1. "Excellent company to work for. Like playing for the NY Yankees!"

Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Stansberry Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

They've built a great team of highly talented and qualified people. Friendly atmosphere where everyone pulls together.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Continue reading
  2. "Decent for what it's worth."

4.0
    Current Employee - Member Services Associate in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Stansberry Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Pay Can make a lot from commission Enviroment is pretty good

Cons

a TON of work. Makes the work you do seem too much. On the phone literally all day. Managers are sometimes dismissive of workers' concerns. At the lowest of the totem pole.

"Fantastic place to work..."

Current Employee - Editor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Stansberry Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked for Stansberry Research for upwards of six years, as an editor (that is, I've written an investment newsletter). It's has been a fantastic place to work... the company is generous and flexible and careful and fair, and heavily focused on creating opportunities for and cultivating their employees. There's a lot of scope for good life/work balance, and management is very cognizant of the reality that most people work to live -- rather than the other way around. The company puts the customer first, and it shows in every way; and that makes the hype that characterizes much of the investment newsletter industry a lot easier to swallow. Management is strong; Porter Stansberry (founder and heavily involved) is brilliant. Overall, one of Stansberry Research's calling cards is that they aim to treat their customers as they themselves would want to be treated -- and Stansberry Research has the same attitude towards their employees: They treat them as, well, they'd want to be treated.

Cons

My experience has been extremely positive -- but of course, everyone's mileage is going to differ. The hype of the marketing -- even though the underlying products are extremely strong and deliver enormous value to the customer -- can get wearying. There's a handful of big personalities that can sometimes loom a bit too large, and you can be in trouble if you get on the wrong side of them.

"No reward for extra work"

I have been working at Stansberry Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free fitness classes and partnerships with gyms.

Cons

The pay structure has remained unflinchingly rigid for years. There’s always extra work to be done, extra hours to put in, and more things to stress about... But the compensation doesn’t change. The company doesn’t offer a performance based raise or yearly raise.

Stansberry Research Response

July 17, 2019HR Manager

Thank you leaving a review about the company. We value your feedback greatly. We consider ourselves to be extremely mindful of our total rewards program and would invite you to reach out to the Human Resources Team at Beacon Street Services to discuss what you see as roadblocks to achieving your employment satisfaction. Anyone on the team would welcome more information into this matter. Thank you again.

5. "Very Professional and open to ideas"

I have been working at Stansberry Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful place to work with lots of opportunities and many high performers

Cons

it is what you make it

Stansberry Research Response

July 17, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for your contribution and for leaving this review!

6. "Current Employee: I have been working at Stansberry Research full-time for more than 5 years"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Stansberry Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great group of people, extra perks, good pay, rewarded with extra time off if we meet our goals.

Cons

I dont see any cons.

"Great Place to Work."

I have been working at Stansberry Research full-time

Pros

- Comfortability: I like that I work in an office where I can talk to the CEO, or members of other departments, without feeling intimidated or a bother to them. - Happy hours, occasional swag, annual Christmas party...fun niceties that the company doesn't have to provide but chooses to are a great plus. - Wealth of financial research at my disposal, which has taught me a lot about investing.

Cons

- Customer Service vs Other Departments: CS does not have some of the perks other departments do, and has policies that others don't, such as occurrences. Occurrences can lead to termination, and occur if you're unexpectedly sick (and didn't request the day off with more than 24 hours notice), or when you come into work 5 or more minutes after 8:30. I understand the goal of this policy, but think it misses the mark. - Communication: Depending on what department you're in, the information you hear varies.

Continue reading

"Great Environment to Work"

I have been working at Stansberry Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is more than happy to teach or lend a hand to any projects/questions. Each department makes a point of providing the tools to fully understand the company itself, and the financial markets so that employees are better prepared inside and outside of the office.

Cons

Communication between departments can be lacking at times.

"Stansberry is an Incredible Company to Work for!"

Current Employee - Manager, Support and IT Services in Delray Beach, FL

I have been working at Stansberry Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Have worked for Stansberry for about four years now. I have worked hard, but have made incredible advancements through the company. There are constantly opportunities arising and a ton of room for growth. It's one of the few companies I have worked for where you are rewarded for your hard work. Great out of work benefits too- team building, happy hours, bonus vacation time, etc.

Cons

One of the only frustrations of working at Stansberry for me, is breakdowns in communication, but that is a challenge everywhere I have worked and can be in personal life as well.

"Work hard, play hard, do meaningful work"

I have been working at Stansberry Research full-time

Pros

Nice to work at a place with big goals Friendly and diverse employee base Folks work hard but go home at reasonable hours No need for "face-time" if you get your work done well Decent pay and benefits Values loyalty and tenure - the longer you stay and do good work, the more you'll be rewarded Growing and profitable company with a strong future

Cons

As the company has grown it's become a bit more hierarchical, but still lots of opportunity to succeed You need to be self-motivated while at the same time patient. The public perception of the financial newsletter/publishing industry is mixed-to-negative, so you need to be aware of that. However, Stansberry is the best of the best in the industry in terms of quality and integrity

Found 46 reviews