Starkey Hearing Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Starkey Hearing Technologies Reviews

Updated 1 Nov 2019

Starkey Hearing Technologies CEO William Austin
William Austin
  1. "This is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Professional

I have been working at Starkey Hearing Technologies full-time

Pros

I truly enjoy coming to work here everyday. I feel like my ideas are valued, which fosters a great culture of idea sharing and collaboration. Executive leadership appears to actually care about the people who work here. It's one of the best places I've ever worked. I feel lucky to be here.

Cons

None to share at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

Starkey Hearing Technologies2019-11-01

"Amazing culture and growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Retail Marketing

I have been working at Starkey Hearing Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

management is great, your voice gets heard

Cons

work hard for average pay

Starkey Hearing Technologies2019-09-07

"The Future is Bright!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

Technology - we have a product that is innovative and setting the baseline for the market New CHRO - We finally have a CHRO that speaks in simple language and gets the importance of building teams and talent development Opportunity to define the next chapter for the company Balanced Leadership team of legacy leaders and new executives from well named public companies

Cons

People hold onto the past - some resistance to do things a new way....this is changing The infrastructure needs work - out process and systems don't match the scale we have reached as a global company

Advice to Management

Understand you are in a change curve and that the culture needs to evolve to be a truly innovative global Organization. Move forward, let go of the past. If you have employees that want to hold onto what we used to do - you need to move on. Continue to break down silos and lead from the front - I would challenge the executive team to spend more time outside their offices.

Starkey Hearing Technologies2019-06-06
  4. "We're now starting to see the rainbow after the storm"

I have been working at Starkey Hearing Technologies full-time

Pros

*Lots of opportunity for those that work hard and contribute in meaningful ways *Strong purpose and mission: So the World May Hear - it's real and you can feel it *AMAZING new Chief Technology Officer that joined us from Intel - true visionary and leader that will redefine our industry *Lots of opportunities to be engaged with the foundation work we do *Really cool speakers from the Dalai Lama to Bill... Clinton *Strong family values and culture - employee appreciation summer parties for employees and their family, Breakfast with Santa Claus for employees and their family. Strong advocates for candor - you don't have to be a "yes" man to succeed in this organization, in fact, I would say that it's the courageous employees that speak with diplomacy, while trying to do the right thing for the Company that helps with advancement. Lots of change and transformation The President listens and respects the opinions of his employees. Executive leadership team is approachable

Cons

The Company has gone through some pretty traumatic times finding out the former executive team was taking advantage of/embezzling large amounts of money. As a result, the organization over corrected and added a lot of bureaucracy, but this is slowly correcting itself. There is a tendency to focus on problems vs also focusing on what is going right As the result of us being a technology company, there are "secret"... projects that can't be shared, so at times, employees have to rely on trust and faith. Now that the executive team has shared those "secret" projects with employees and employees can see the product - we now have huge momentum. Lots of growing pains Lots of change and transformation

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and continue to do what is right for the business, for the patients, and for the company. Put as much effort into understanding what employees need as you do understanding what customers need. Work/life balance can be a challenge at times, but not because someone makes you stay late or work certain hours, but because there is so much work to do.

Starkey Hearing Technologies2018-07-18
  5. "sales"

I have been working at Starkey Hearing Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

great place to work, people are the bottom line

Cons

i do not have any complaints

Advice to Management

The new leadership team is doing an excellent job

Starkey Hearing Technologies2018-07-18
  6. "Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

Great job, awesome hearing technology, and a really fun environment to work in. The company uses the latest technology and I have learned a lot about software from working here.

Cons

Fast pace and relatively high turnover has proven to be a challenge. I suspect this is a larger trend of working in software in Minneapolis, however.

Starkey Hearing Technologies2018-07-14
  7. "Territory Account Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Starkey Hearing Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company, lots of opportuniteis

Cons

none, great company no cons here!

Advice to Management

none

Starkey Hearing Technologies2018-06-26

"Account Executive"

I worked at Starkey Hearing Technologies full-time

Pros

Work with some of the sharpest minds in the hearing industry.

Cons

1980s culture persists today. Old school way of doing business.

Starkey Hearing Technologies2018-02-20
  9. "I Enjoy Working at Starkey"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

I have worked at Starkey for over a year now and am so happy I made the choice to join this company! I was referred by a friend, who also works here, and have enjoyed working with not only my team, but other departments. The culture is collaborative, positive and you can tel that leadership is continually trying to find ways to improve and grow its employees. The main pro's is the generous PTO, the new casual attire... policy, and nice colleagues.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the location

Starkey Hearing Technologies2018-02-07
  10. "Great company with a purpose"

I have been working at Starkey Hearing Technologies full-time

Pros

Mission Purpose Innovation Leader in industry Technology focused

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Starkey Hearing Technologies2017-11-05