Found 16,278 of over 17K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about State Farm
Salaries in Insurance
10 days ago
I’ve been with State Farm for about 13 years and I am making 70,000 a year working my ass off in commission sales. I do get a base but I do very well and work really hard. I don’t even know what other sales people make. Is $70,000 a year good? I work about 10 hours a day And I do bust my ass. I just feel like the chargebacks kill me and if I didn’t have chargebacks I would be making probably 80,000 a year and I’d feel better about that. What do most sales people make in insurance?
Got a burning question about State Farm? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with State Farm employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and enjoyed working there" (in 1661 reviews)
- "It was good pay but I had worked there for over 20 years so I had earned to the salary." (in 851 reviews)
- "It's very interesting and you meet great people!" (in 654 reviews)
- "Great work life balance and I hardly ever feel like I have to stay for overtime." (in 416 reviews)
- "The training is great at teaches you a lot about the company and what they stand for." (in 410 reviews)
- "Micro management and very goal oriented" (in 491 reviews)
- "Some managers do the bear minimum when it comes to annual merit rating and fighting for raises." (in 271 reviews)
- "The cons of working in an agency for State Farm is that the salary is low and lots of cold calling." (in 245 reviews)
- "Factored in to whether an employee is granted time off: seniority and yearly/quarterly reviews." (in 232 reviews)
- "Many positions have a low salary that is commission based and pressure you to sell policies to customers who cannot always afford them." (in 150 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of State Farm and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 29, 2023Claims SpecialistCurrent EmployeeTempe, AZ
Bonuses Great work culture Free drinks in office Discounted snacks Paid Volunteer time
Not much time to use PTO days. Although you get approx 6 weeks PTO
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Claims Specialist-HCCSCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
Benefits a lot of vacation time and personal time
Too much work for one department needs to be broken down in separate departments
- 5.0Nov 22, 2023Licensed AgentFormer Employee
Agent cares about career and personal growth. Lots of client interaction. A ton of sales and earning potential
No health insurance available. Its a small office, that isn't unique to this agency, very common.
State Farm Reviews FAQs
State Farm has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 17,418 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at State Farm to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
59% of State Farm employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated State Farm 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.