State Farm Reviews | Glassdoor

3,025 reviews

Current Employees

3,025 Employee Reviews

Cons

1. "ILR Claims Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at State Farm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good. Above minimum wage

Cons

The hours/ workdays are long

Advice to Management

None

2. "Underwriting Service Assistant"

Current Employee - Underwriting Service Assistant in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Underwriting Service Assistant in Richardson, TX

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hours, overtime available, can accrue time off.

Cons

No promotions, hard to advance to another position

3. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bloomington, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits keep everyone longer than expected. Great development available depending on the department.

Cons

Been with the company 35 years. Seen it all. The company stopped caring about employees when new ceo took over. The company is not loyal anymore and wants only mindless production and procedures. If you can find a good manager, stay with them. They are few nowadays. Use code of conduct to complain. Don't expect results, but it makes hrs and management investigate. Don't hold back and don't lie. Truth is everything.

Advice to Management

Step back and ask yourself what the goal is....if you don't know it's about people, get your big boy/girl pants on and and change. Lighten up and allow your people to be more than a walking procedure. Customer service has declined and we are no longer a premium level service company. You know it and so do I. Remember the reason you got into management? It was in your first level management job and it was to help and develop people. Not to force people to log every minute of their day into a Tipsord 9000 metric computer. Good luck, and think what your legacy will be.....people or metrics.

"Could be a great place to work, but....,"

Current Employee - Claims Associate -ILR in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Claims Associate -ILR in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at State Farm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime, pleasant environment, stress free position. Easy work. Good health benefits.

Cons

Training did not provide enough practice, metrics, micro managing, no work life balance. Attendance policy is based on a point system. I've received points for leaving early during scheduled overtime in order to pick up my child from school who was sick.

Advice to Management

We're human beings, not robots. Management does not feel threatened that they will lose their job if they call in sick, I felt terrible having to leave my sick child in school because I didn't want to accumulate points for leaving during scheduled overtime hours. The metrics are unrealistic, it compromises the level of service. Customers have questions and concerns and instead of being able to attend to the customers. I feel frustrated and grow angry as I look at the seconds passing 17 minutes allotted for the call. Look at the turn over rated, it's ridiculously high and it cost a fortune to keep hiring people and training. This great company is turning into an unlivable sweat shop which will eventually cause customers to move on. There are better companies out there. Let's try to keep our head in the ha
    Day testing employees and customers good.

"Growth and Change"

Current Employee - Claims Associate
    Current Employee - Claims Associate

I have been working at State Farm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

State Farm is a good opportunity for growth in the insurance industry or in a professional career. There is support to gaining additional education and industry certifications.

Cons

Not much for the work life balance they propose is so important. If you want to grow in your career, you need to make your life about work.

Advice to Management

Ensure that you are looking at the what you employees can give, not just what the company is saying they need.

7. "Hello"

I have been working at State Farm full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, weekends off and helping people make informed decisions about their future

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the business

"Could be a great company, but massive changes focusing on profit over customers or employees."

Current Employee - Team Member
    Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at State Farm part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

State Farm is the country's number one choice for auto, home, and life insurance.

Cons

Numerous and frequent changes in procedures, inconsistency among underwriters, slow response time from underwriting, poor claims process that cuts the local agent out, focus on profit over employees or customers, selection of agents based on family relationships.

Advice to Management

Go back to basics. State Farm was a GREAT company several years ago. Changes made in the last five years may have boosted profits, but they are killing State Farm's reputation and demoralizing employees.

9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at State Farm full-time

Pros

Good benefits including a pension. Beautiful new campus on Tempe Town Lake. Great work life balance.

Cons

While State Farm manages to attract great people they are limited in that the insurance industry does not tend to attract the best IT talent. They seem to struggle to retain senior talent. Limited promotion opportunities.

10. "Claim Associate - Injury"

I have been working at State Farm full-time

Pros

Advancement Opportunities, great coworkers and pension

Cons

Start up in the company can be challenging

11. "It is a lot of work"

Pros

meet a lot of people and hear their stories?

Cons

the occasional rude person that only wants the price and nothing else

Showing 3,025 of 4,939 reviews