KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 5,798 of over 6,623 reviews

3.4
State Street President and CEO Ronald O’Hanley
Ronald O’Hanley
Pros
  • "Good Benefits, Low work pressure(in 277 reviews)

• "Enjoyable work environment and experience(in 238 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Operations staff has to work really long hours(in 247 reviews)

• "Low salary in comparison to the industry(in 121 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of State Street and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

StateStreet is employee-centric

Sep 7, 2020 - Senior Manager in Hyderābād
      Business Outlook

Pros

StateStreet is very employee-centric and always finding out better ways to bring in process efficiency

Cons

there is no cons, as per my experience with StateStreet so far

State Street Response

Brand Manager

Thank you for the positive feedback. We really appreciate the fact that you regard State Street as employee focused and value the ongoing business transformation which is one of our goals. The leadership on the ground is strongly supportive of all people-centric initiatives, which allow us to provide the best for our colleagues. We also continue to constantly streamline our processes leading to improved service delivery for our clients. Aruna, Vice President – Global Delivery

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Jun 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ok was good and stuff

Cons

None at all and stuff

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Learning Opportunities, But Not a Healthy Work Environment

Jul 21, 2021 - Assistant Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are always great opportunities to learn more about professional development and new products within the company. It's a great place to start your career

Cons

Technology, No Work/Life Balance, Lack of Guidance 1. There are always technology issues that cause a bottleneck with work. It can take hours, if not a week to resolve a system issue that is preventing you from completing your job. This causes unnecessary tension between your manager and team members, because you cannot complete your work on time. 2. Depending on your team, expect to work at least 10-12 hours with no complaints. My manager and co-worker work 14-16 hours per day, so it was normalized. You are perceived as not working hard enough if you plan on working 40 hours/week. 3. Performing new functions is daunting because many of the procedures are out of date and missing key steps. At times, people are condescending when you ask questions, and expect you to be an expert on new things.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

State Street / Fund Administrator Review

Jul 22, 2021 - Senior Fund Administrator in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Will challenge you and will learn a lot. Good internal mobility so there are many opportunities.

Cons

The work is a grind, coworkers aren't the best, can't get promoted unless there is an open req regardless of the level of work you're doing. Typical big company issues - portion some of your time to networking in the company or else no one will know who you are.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee

NA

May 11, 2021 - AVP-Finance in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

blank blank blank blank blank

Cons

Throughout Mod 1 I have gained valuable knowledge and experiences. As I reflect, I have utilized the feedback that I received in the early weeks of the MOD. At that time, the group was consistent in their recognition of my organization skills and willingness to jump in to provide support. Overall, I had received 4's from my group members in all categories except for "positive personal style" for which I received a split score of 3 and 4. These were areas that I focused on improving throughout the continuation of the MOD and the group work that I participated in. I feel that I was successful in this, as my group provided feedback such as “As the facilitator she was a good project leader always keeping us aligned with objectives and making sure that everything was submitted on time” and “Danielle was an important member of the team and kept us focused on the goal at hand. She was a hardworking member of our team and always came prepared.” From a project management perspective, one of the biggest lessons that I have learned is to plan further out. While we remained vigilantly aware of the deadlines, we could have planned more effectively in terms of managing our workload leading up to the project deliverables. I look forward to taking the lessons I have learned throughout the past few months into MOD 2. As I become a member of a new group, I hope to take these experiences forth to continue to improve and bring value to my new group.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Jul 22, 2021 - Business Controller in Quincy, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. I highly recommended it

Cons

Employee’s salaries is too lower

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to start

Jul 21, 2021 - Business Systems Analyst in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

State street is massive company which helps in learning Various fintech

Cons

It’s know for it hiring & firing policy

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent Place to get started

Jul 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The environment is cool and young people just getting started

Cons

Not much room for growth

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Decent first job

Jul 19, 2021 - Securities Operations Specialist in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Able to work from home frequently

Cons

Loyalty isn’t rewarded, people who have been there longer were more vulnerable to layoffs

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place for new employees - haven't worked there in a while - forced to choose most recent year of 2017

Jul 13, 2021 - Manager in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start! They will start you at a low salary but give you a chance.

Cons

Difficult to switch between departments.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 5,798 Reviews