State Street Senior Fund Accountant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
State Street CEO Ronald O’Hanley
Ronald O’Hanley
  1. Featured Review

"Transitioning from Public Accounting into Private Equity Accounting"

Current Employee - Senior Fund Accounting Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary & Benefits State Street offers above average salaries and benefits at the Senior Level that is unbeatable. Work Environment Everyone in the Atlanta office has a great attitude! It all trickles down from management all the way to the youngest intern. That positive demeanor around the office promotes quality work and comradery. The Atlanta Real Assets Fund Services group as a whole niche is... volunteering and giving back. On a quarterly basis you will find some type of event being coordinated by the office to better our communities, outside of work. Volume of Work Depending on the demand of the client volume can be high to moderate. I have worked on several funds within the last year and I can say that the client enjoys driving efficiency. The perk at the senior level when there is a high volume of work or the time spent for process improvement, overtime pay is offered. Flexibility (Life/Work Balance) State Street is a big advocate delivering timely deliverables but also ensures you are taking care of you as an individual. One of the appealing items that were shared with me during my screening process is the ability to work remotely when needed. I can attest that perk is official depending on team setup. Opportunities When I was hired by State Street I was brought on to be a part of a new sub business line of the PE/Real Assets group; Infrastructure Accounting. Within in my first year I have witnessed how expansive and promising this role is. At the Senior Level in Industry you would not be expected to be involved in some many processes end to end. That includes on-boarding new clients, on-boarding existing clients with new funds, day to day fund accounting and administration, and consulting with the client on complex task.

Cons

Rest assured, State Street Atlanta has done a great job bringing in new candidates that are competent, who has well-rounded characteristics and is willing and able to move along the team for the better without disturbing a strong foundation that has been set.

State Street2019-06-07

"Terrible Company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at State Street full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After working there for three calendar years you get 20 days paid vacation. Including sick days, holidays, and vacation time I could take off 37 days per year, which was nice.

Cons

Terrible salary. Terrible hours. Some management was okay, but mostly terrible management. The talent eventually leaves the company so the lazy, unskilled workers who stick around for 8 years are eventually promoted.

State Street2018-04-02
  3. "Above average"

Current Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

low salary... hard to get motivated.

Cons

great benefits, convenient locations, and laid back environment

State Street2017-02-22
  4. "Senior Fund Accountant"

Senior Fund Accountant in Brighton, MA

I worked at State Street for more than a year

Pros

State Street gives you the opportunity to run early since you will realize they aren't concerned with your career growth.

Cons

Everything - the culture, pay, and mentality of management make this place a terrible place to work. Say goodbye to your career if you spend more than 2 years there.

Advice to Management

Lose the COE structure - not a good way to keep talent

State Street2016-04-20
  5. "State Street Review"

Senior Fund Accountant in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at State Street for more than a year

Pros

4 weeks of vacation after working one complete calendar year, 401K matching up to 5% after 1 year of service. Very relaxed environment.

Cons

Low wages compared to the market average and a high turnover rating are the cons

State Street2016-02-12
  6. "Fund Accountant"

Current Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work arrangement offered, great benefits and lots of vacation time. Company is flexible with social life outside of work.

Cons

Team had issues with promoting from within. Long hours (overtime is offered at some levels), base salary not market value

State Street2015-11-23

"Senior Associate"

Senior Fund Accountant in Boston, MA

I have been working at State Street for more than a year

Pros

State Street has a great vacation package. After 3 years you have 4 weeks of vacation.

Cons

State street pays very little. They would rather have new college students take a job and pay them a minimum salary than give raises each year to current employees.

State Street2015-07-26
  8. "Reporting and Compliance Fund Administrator"

Senior Fund Accountant in Allston, MA

I worked at State Street for more than 3 years

Pros

Growth Opportunity; Great Benefit with great medical insurance and vacation days

Cons

prepare for overtimes, low compensation,

State Street2015-04-23

"Good experience entering financial field"

Former Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Given opportunity to learn mutual funds

Cons

Low pay, company sends jobs offshore

Advice to Management

Please be good to employees, most are been with the company for a long time

State Street2014-09-24
  10. "OK place to start, terrible place to stay"

Former Employee - Senior Fund Accountant in Boston, MA

I worked at State Street full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to get a job with no experience, work from home is available if you have a good manager who allows it

Cons

Huge focus on centralizing processes leaves you with a lot of experience in one area and almost no experience with anything else. It can be difficult to move on to another company if you stay there too long. A lot of promotions are based on who is next in line rather than who would actually be good for the position. Very poor compensation, my last bonus was 1% of my already low salary and actually getting tuition... benefits approved is very difficult.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on making your workforce as cheap as possible. A well paid employee is not just a cost to be minimized, but should be considered an asset that can bring in revenue.

State Street2013-10-05