State and Federal Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

State and Federal Communications Reviews

Updated Feb 8, 2019

1.4
State and Federal Communications CEO Elizabeth Z. Bartz (no image)
Elizabeth Z. Bartz

"Run as fast as you can"

I worked at State and Federal Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is not one pro!

Cons

Horrible company to work for. This is a hostile work environment which is unhealthy. The CEO is a very horrible and cruel person. She has all of her staff terrified to make one wrong move. She has no respect for anyone. Save your self the trouble and find employment elsewhere!!!!

Advice to Management

Get out and let that company burn!

State and Federal Communications2019-02-09

"Awful. Do not work for this company."

I have been working at State and Federal Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good insurance. Decent pay. Friendly but terrified co-workers. You are given many opportunities to become involved in community events around the Akron area.

Cons

Horrible CEO who is not held accountable for her abuse of the staff. If you have any ounce of self respect, pass on this company and continue your job search.

State and Federal Communications2019-01-19

"Do Not Work Here"

I worked at State and Federal Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will get your pay check twice a month

Cons

Do not work for State and Federal Communications. The boss sets the tone for the office and it is not a good thing. She is self-centered and rules using threats and intimidation. It is an office built on fear, the employees are scared and nervous or they have been treated so badly that they just give up. Either way it is not a good work environment. The boss is stubborn and completely resistant to change. She is a... terrible communicator and poor listener. She has no respect or appreciation for the people who work for her. She is clueless to the fact that the people who work for her have far greater skills and talents than what she thinks. Not that any of it matters because she believes she is always right, never makes mistakes and has an entitled and arrogant attitude. She yells and loses her temper, shuts others down and has a vindictive and domineering way of dealing with people. A bad boss wallows in the negative, a good leader seeks the positive. This place is so negative that it is shocking she has been in business this long. Just please heed my advice and do not work here. The psychological abuse is not worth the job or the money.

Advice to Management

Try a little respect and kindness. Try listening instead of doing all the talking.

State and Federal Communications2017-03-28

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I worked at State and Federal Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting work being done. Coworkers are pretty friendly. Seems like everyone is willing to help one another when they can.

Cons

CEO is awful. The business is poorly run. Every member of the team is micromanaged. Working environment is terrible. Not one person I spoke to actually liked working there. Do yourself a favor and do not accept a position with this company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and maybe those you hire won't quit. Hire people with actual experience instead of unqualified family members.

State and Federal Communications2016-01-21

"Couldn't Leave Fast Enough!"

I worked at State and Federal Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not much to say here. Every day at work was uncomfortable for most employees. Never considered it a permanent position.

Cons

President of company is awful. She is overly mean and discourteous to her employees. She berates and demeans people and is actually quite incompetent and ineffective in her position. Clients often told me what a troll they thought she was.

Advice to Management

You want to know why employees are constantly leaving or filing law suits and complaints against you, look in the mirror.

State and Federal Communications2013-10-17

"Between the CEO and her husband is what it boils down to"

I worked at State and Federal Communications

Pros

Some exciting work being done, for the most part people that work there are nice

Cons

CEO is certifiable will scream at you for no reason, She focuses on the minor things and has no big picture for her business.Passive aggressive meetings.Lack of training.

Advice to Management

You have a niche market and are number 1 in it. Could you imagine how much your business would take off if you had more formal trianing and also treated your employees with the slightest bit of respect instead of trying to terrify them?

State and Federal Communications2013-08-21
  7. "In just 2 summers, I was able to gain the experience of a lifetime."

Former Intern - Research Intern

I worked at State and Federal Communications

Pros

Elizabeth Bartz has a true dedication to the internship program at State and Federal. From attending Akron roundtables to volunteering at United Way Day of Action, each week as interns, we were exposed to the Akron community in a variety of ways. Elizabeth also provided us with endless resources on how to improve our resumes and develop better internship skills. She takes care to recognize employees who excel at... their work and is herself a great role model for dedication to the success of the company.

Cons

I have no complaints about my experience with the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote the internship program! This has been an experience that I know many of my peers envy!

State and Federal Communications2013-10-29