State of Georgia Department of Human Resources Economic Support Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

2.2
State of Georgia Department of Human Resources CEO Robyn Crittenden
Robyn Crittenden

"Good entry-level job, but overwhelming"

Former Employee - Economic Support Specialist in Albany, GA

I worked at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Set schedule, 8 am to 5pm, weekends off, accrue vacation and sick time,

Cons

No chance for growth. Buddy system used for promotions. Misinformation given workers intentionally. No one in management you can trust.

Advice to Management

Be honest and open with your workers. Stop being cheap and pay better salaries to retain your workforce. Hire employees who are actually qualified.

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources2016-07-24

"Economic Support Specialist 1"

Current Employee - Economic Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The company is very relaxed about taking time off. You need it because of all the stress that comes with the position. You get a lot of holiday's off working for the State. Some of the agents work from home.

Cons

The pay is extremely low for the amount of work you have to complete. You will get raises but it won't be enough to make a difference in your check (40 cent a year). There isn't much room for advancement. Management is horrible and not proactive. Very little support. The clients aren't being serviced as they should be because upper management makes it impossible to reach agents. I'm not sure how they get away with this....

Advice to Management

They need to clean house and start over with new management from the top who really care about helping the needy. Management should care about the culture of agency. Training should be available before new job duties are assigned. Agents shouldn't have to figure out how to do the job by self training. The pay is ridiculous for the workload and stress you have to endure. If you increased the pay and provided better training...

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources2018-05-03

"No chance for Advancement"

Current Employee - Economic Support Specialist

I have been working at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources for more than 2 years

Pros

Easy Work schedule. No real oversight or micromanagement. Good benefits. Routine Work.

Cons

Even if you're a good employee, your chances for advancement are slim to none as most people have been with the Depatmemt for 10 or 20+ years and have more connections and experience. The pay is very low. Salaries are a matter of public record. A manager of a department with 15 years of experience makes over $10,000 less than I do in a entry level position in my new field. Most employees have second jobs.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay and create clear opportunities to advance for both old and new employees

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources2017-05-11
  4. "Economic Support Specialist I"

Former Employee - Economic Support Specialist I in Albany, GA

I worked at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Pension fund 100% vested after 5 years and 401K with a company match of 5%. 12 paid holidays, large cubicles, access to just about everything about everyone (little computer security), 10 hours of sick days and 10 hours of vacation days every month. Can cash out unused vacation days when you leave the company (you will lose unused sick days). Unused days carry over to the next year.

Cons

Numerous data entry errors from Human Resources (name spelled wrong even though my file was submitted all typed), no one picks up the phone, no one returns your call. No cost of living increases. Customer service will really a joke. Seven minutes per call = 45 calls per day or you will not get a 3% merit increase in July. And responding to emails from supervisors and workforce management in less 1 minute while you...

Advice to Management

Stop hiring Economic Support Specialist II and promote your Economic Support Specialist I so they can get a $ 2000.00 increase that they deserve.

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources2017-01-28

"Great if you have the right degree."

Current Employee - Economic Support Specialist in Decatur, GA

I have been working at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

You really get to help some people who really need it. There is room for advancement if you have the right background. Overall its a paycheck.

Cons

They over work you and under pay you. If you have a degree or background in social work this is the place for you. Sadly they hire alot of people with various backgrounds and it becomes a place where dreams come to die. No advancement unless you have a social work backing.

Advice to Management

Stop telling your employees things are going to change and they don't. Do not insult our intelligence. Stop micro managing and let us work.

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources2015-08-28