- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Michigan
- - Lansing, MI Area
- - Lansing, MI
- - Dimondale, MI
- - Detroit, MI Area
- - Detroit, MI
- - Howell, MI
- - Marquette, MI Area
- - Marquette, MI
Found 29 of over 35 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jan 25, 2022 - IT Student Assistant in Detroit, MIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very flexible & work from home
Sometimes long case logs but overall easy
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Oct 13, 2022 - Departmental Specialist II in Lansing, MIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great work-life balance. Pretty good salary for the hours required. Fun co-workers.
Salary seems significantly lower than private sector.
- Current Employee★★★★★Feb 15, 2022 - Employment Services Representative in Marquette, MIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits Great teamwork with team members despite conducting duties virtually
Typical governmental policies Top heavy with supervisors; need more field staff
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jan 14, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very stable and safe work conditions
Sometimes little change due to being in government
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 28, 2022 - Departmental TechRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The pay and benefits are really good
My specific department is unorganized. They don't listen to employees. It is a very unforgiving job. You will come across many unforgiving situations
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 15, 2021 - Director in Lansing, MIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits, stable environment, job security.
Very limited career advancement for Director level and above.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Aug 23, 2021 - Departmental Technician in Lansing, MIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They offer great benefits. The staff for the most part is good.
Very unforgiving. Get ready to get yelled out due to things out of your control by customers. Issues that are consistently brought up are not dealt with.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 1, 2021 - ITPA 11 Quality Assurance in Lansing, MIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Weekend and Holidays Off. Good Benefits
Less Pay Compared To Private Sector
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Mar 15, 2021 - IT Student Assistant in Lansing, MIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible Hours. Good experience. Supportive Staff
Monotonous work. Lack of young people in the office.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Feb 15, 2021 - Data Scientist in Lansing, MIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Decent work/life balance, decent salary, good co-workers.
Bureaucracy makes getting some work done more challenging.
State of Michigan Department of Technology Reviews FAQs
State of Michigan Department of Technology has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at State of Michigan Department of Technology to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, State of Michigan Department of Technology employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at State of Michigan Department of Technology. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.
96% of State of Michigan Department of Technology employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated State of Michigan Department of Technology 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.