Stay Alfred Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 26, 2019

4.7
Jordan Allen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Stay Alfred is by far the best organization I have ever worked for" (in 21 reviews)

• "People actually care about work life balance and don't want to overwork their employees" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons everything is awesome about this company'" (in 5 reviews)

• "You must be ok with constant change" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Nice place"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Stay Alfred full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team player great management team enjoyed it

Cons

No cons everything is awesome about this company'

Advice to Management

Keep building great teams for the company

2. "Streamlined"

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Stay Alfred full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best work culture in town. Everyone's one the same page headed in the same direction for the same goal.

Cons

Compensation for entry level employees

Advice to Management

Allow employees the chance to come together for more brainstorms sessions.

3. "Great experience, great workplace environment"

Current Employee - Revenue Management Coordinator in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I have been working at Stay Alfred part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The workplace attitude here is infectious. Family is a word that's thrown around a lot in terms of workplace culture, but I really feel it here. Since the first day, I've felt welcome here.

Cons

I can't work more often while at school.

Advice to Management

No advice, just continue to do great work!!

4. "Anonymous"

I have been working at Stay Alfred full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the management and culture! Great place to be heard and make a real difference at work.

Cons

None. Just continue to keep it going!

5. "Hospitality at its best!"

Current Employee - City Operations Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - City Operations Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Stay Alfred full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very rare company that actually libes its values, not just a bunch of cliches.

Cons

Make the best of wherever you are.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward. Always #DoBetter

6. "Legal Department"

Current Employee - Legal Department in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Legal Department in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Stay Alfred full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stay Alfred is chocked full of kind, smart and hardworking people. The culture here provides a rich soil for collaboration, creativity and innovation. I enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

Software training early on would have made for more efficiency and less frustration.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

7. "Great first impression that is sticking!"

Current Employee - City Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - City Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Stay Alfred full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your voice can be heard. People actually care about work life balance and don't want to overwork their employees

Cons

Sometimes all departments being on the same page would help out a lot of areas.

Advice to Management

Everything else is pretty smooth

8. "Growing company that listens to employees"

I have been working at Stay Alfred full-time

Pros

Felt it was necessary to write a review after coming to enjoy a number of the fantastic new benefits Stay Alfred has recently added including Honest Time Off (basically unlimited time off just named after one of our core values). As it grew out of its startup phase, Stay Alfred had a couple less-than-ideal benefits like their time off policy. Through an anonymous review platform, we were allowed to talk with HR about this policy and how it made it difficult for families, working moms, etc. From the get-go, HR took these concerns seriously (didn't just echo platitudes about appreciating our feedback, etc. ) and kept us updated on the progress they were making in revamping the policy. I was really excited when they finally rolled out our new, fantastic policy and impressed that a company really followed through and implemented changes based on employee feedback.

Also, the CEO is incredibly honest with employees at every level even when talking about difficult topics (change of direction, layoffs). He admits his own mistakes and has created an environment where everyone can be open and admit mistakes/ pivot quickly. It's honest leadership like I've never really seen before and helps create a fantastic ego-free culture.

Cons

Not really anything I can think of...

Advice to Management

Systems like TinyPulse are fantastic and I appreciate you guys tackling all the suggestions that come up.

9. "Great Organization"

Current Employee - City Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - City Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Stay Alfred full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stay Alfred has an incredible way of working with you to make things better and to figure out what works. You're not stuck in an organization that is stubborn on how things are done. Stay Alfred knows how to evolve and change for the better. It has an amazing positive energy.

Cons

If you don't set boundaries or plan ahead you can burn yourself out. It takes a little adjustment but once the kinks are worked out things become easy and smooth.

Advice to Management

Keep being open to what staff is reporting back. Things change and to be successful you need to change with it. I think Stay Alfred does exactly this.

10. "I am almost to my 1 year anniversary with Stay Alfred"

I have been working at Stay Alfred full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After almost a year I still love being part of this company. The CEO is open and honest with the behind the scenes happenings which is a complete rarity in most companies. The new HTO policy if fantastic as well as the new benefits coming in 2019, they are adding life insurance to our benefits which several have been asking for. They also offer a generous 401k after a yr. The over all team atmosphere and compassion to fellow employees is one very different from most places you will ever work, I am glad I get to be part of it.

Cons

As with any company and any employer there are down sides. Some don't get noticed in their positions because it is just day to day stuff their jobs revolve around, others gets lots of recognition due to the direction the company is moving in. Some projects seem to be fly by the seat of our pants which usually don't end well. The technical side of the company is moving at a very fast pace and can be frustrating for some that may not have as much knowledge of our ever changing environment. Overall not a lot of cons.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what we are doing to DOBETTER!