StayWell Reviews | Glassdoor

StayWell CEO Nicole Latimer
Nicole Latimer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Disconnected upper-management/board (in 10 reviews)

• While some may consider being able to work from home a perk, it's also a sign that there's little to no anticipated long-term growth in the SLC office (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Improvements"

I have been working at StayWell full-time

Pros

I began my career at StayWell and worked here for 5 years. During my time I learned so much and met amazing people. I decided to leave when the company was going through a lot of changes and the culture went downhill. After being gone for about 5 years I began hearing from former colleagues that things were changing for the better. While skeptical I asked a lot of questions and decided to apply for a position to learn more. Since I've been back (almost a year now) I've seen firsthand how the management, products and culture have improved. Everyone works hard and cares about the company. This was a great career move for me. I'm a working parent and really appreciate the flexibility.

Cons

The benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to strive to deliver solid products that are thoroughly tested before rolling out to the entire population.

2. "health coach"

I have been working at StayWell part-time

Pros

good training, managers work with you to make improvements....great culture

Cons

lower on the pay scale, have to work nights

3. "Too Many Changes Year-to-Year"

I have been working at StayWell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My department is phenomenal. I've been here for many years and couldn't ask for better people to work with and for.

Cons

There is way too much change in direction from year to year, sometimes even month to month. The CEO and her executive team need to find a mission and STICK to it. There has also been too large a focus on administrative requirements for the sales and account management teams, so much so that it's destroying relationships with clients and diminishing morale across the board.

Also the benefits are abysmal. Every year they say they'll reevaluate and every year they're still the same awful plan.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they deliver feeedback. Work to keep the good employees. Stop worrying so much about what they are doing day to day and instead look at the RESULTS they are delivering.

4. "Great place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at StayWell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

StayWell understands work/life balance. The people who work at StayWell are some of the hardest working and best people I have ever been around. There is a lot of opportunity at StayWell if you work hard and pursue your goals.

Cons

Training within each department could improve drastically.

5. "Nothing I thought it would be."

Former Employee - Helpline Representative in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Helpline Representative in Eagan, MN

I worked at StayWell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of my friends worked there.

Cons

Literally everything. Majority of the people there were obese, smoked, ate unhealthy food, and didn't exercise. All of their programs were so old and boring, didn't have a single new idea for years.

Advice to Management

Hire young, aspiring, HEALTHY employees to create a culture that you are trying to sell.

6. "Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at StayWell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great teams
    Upward movement
    Working on innovative products

Cons

Poor work life balance
    Disorganized senior management
    Pay not competitive

7. "Like a family"

I worked at StayWell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at StayWell are great and it's easy to develop close-knit ties. However, this can also backfire as it tends to have a small-company feel, which sometimes fosters gossip and cliques. Flexibility is valued. Employees work hard and are rewarded.

Cons

Can be familial at times

"Implementation Manager"

Former Employee - Implementation Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Implementation Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at StayWell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees are supportive and work great as a team. They have a family mentality and are not hesitant to lend a helping hand.

Cons

If you change position, they base your pay off of your previous position and not the job you transferred to. HR specifically advised me to quit, find a job with another company, and reapply in order to receive a competitive pay rate for my current position. Make sure to get the pay you want when you apply because you will not see much increase; I worked there for 7 years.
    Constantly changing company structure, process and values.

"Changing in a good way"

I have been working at StayWell full-time

Pros

Colleagues are really passionate about their work and believe in the mission. My part of the business is like a family, and many of us are close and choose to spend time together socially. Flexible work environment with working from home culturally accepted. That's especially awesome in the winter, when you have family stuff going on, etc. We have a new CEO as of this month (she was formerly the president, has been here about a year), and she's amazing. She's a super smart, hard worker. Lately there have been lots of changes that are GOOD changes, and this is a shift from what had previously been a couple of pretty rough years. There's a really positive energy to the place now, people are feeling motivated, and it seems like we're adding lots of new products and partners, bringing in talented new people, etc.

Cons

Like a lot of not-huge companies, the medical benefits are okay, but not great. Vacation time seems in line with other organizations, but I wouldn't call it generous. A lot of the company is remote, and it's having some adapting to do to figure out how to fold those people in so they feel a part of things.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in the newbies! Their perspective is helpful and it's good to challenge "the way we've always done things."

10. "Health Coach"

I worked at StayWell part-time

Pros

Flexible, committed to promoting health with clients and staff. In depth training

Cons

Opportunities beyond a health coach appear slim