Staybridge Suites Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 31, 2017

1.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They have a great training program for the front desk staff (in 3 reviews)

• People are nice, hotel is run pretty well (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, they will try to get you to take the worst shifts and make you do things that don't fall under your responsibility (in 4 reviews)

• Upper Management spread across several properties and lacked input on issues of hotel (in 4 reviews)

1. "Staybridge - Rossford, OH"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Rossford, OH
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Rossford, OH

I worked at Staybridge Suites part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours that were given were very reasonable.

Cons

The whole time that I was working there, I was not paid on time and sometimes I wasn't even given a paycheck stub. There was a time when the pay dates were switched so I went without pay for 3 weeks. The owner of the hotel is very unprofessional, he would talk to all the employees disrespectfully and would tell the employees to lie to the guest. The hotel is very poorly built, during the time that I was there, there was a total of about 20 rooms that were put out of order due to things like there being no electricity in the room and etc. The cable in the rooms would constantly go in and out causing us to move the guest around several times during their stay.

2. "Sad Business"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Staybridge Suites full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They'll work with your school schedule, flexible with your shifts(at times but be ready to be controlled), and ok pay.

Cons

Management can be really harsh, very controlling, shows favoritism,targets certain employees, constantly changes schedule(without your consent), it's managements'S way, or the highway, constantly monitors the pantry, under the impression that staff is stealing, which is a problem that has happened since the hotel opened(2008 pantry sales aren't meeting budget). Guests could have more leverage and power than the employees at all times, security is not taken serious, and guests are at risk . The corporate office tries to save money, by only employing officers on the weekend , which is very sad indeed. You have to constantly watch your back for stalkers and people who are soliciting the hotel.

Advice to Management

Better management teams that really cares about employees' concerns, needs, and benefits. A management team that cares for the hotel's overall goals and the staff short-term and long-term career goals. There's a lot of conflict with management, lower-level staff,due to envious members of management. So much has changed about this place, which is why many people are seeking alternatives, and new teams.

3. "Take care of your people and they will take care of you!"

Former Employee - Enlisted Soldiet in Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - Enlisted Soldiet in Lafayette, LA

I worked at Staybridge Suites full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing I enjoyed about this job was all of the interesting guest. I was a recent college graduate still undecided on what I wanted to do and I met so many wonderful people who had similar experiences and offered great advice!

Cons

My employers were absolutely terrible. They did not care about the well being of employees nor the guest. They tried to turn a blind eye to spoiled food, insisting that it still be served. They also tried to turn a blind eye to the uptake of the property often putting the employees at risk. Also everyone was having sexual relations with everyone, just a messy situation!

Advice to Management

Do your job, make the money and don't let it make you! Team work makes the dream work! When I worked there the crew was very dedicated and loyal, however employees received no appreciation nor recognition for their hard work!

4. "IDK what to even say!!!!!!1"

Former Employee - HOUSEMAN in Las Vegas, NM
    Former Employee - HOUSEMAN in Las Vegas, NM

I worked at Staybridge Suites full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed grill time, most of the house keepers were pleasant and breakfast and social hour were phenomenal

Cons

Not the best of pay, no set schedule, and front desk manager was a BLEEEP

Advice to Management

Pay bills and hire some different laundry people. I believe I can fly I believe I can touch the sky

5. "Front Desk Associate"

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Mukilteo, WA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Mukilteo, WA

Pros

Was promoted and gained a limited amount of skills.

Cons

Management is terrible! Each Staybridge Suites is a franchise and is operated under different owners. I have never been treated with such disrespect as an employee and it was normal to be interrogated and belittled on a weekly basis. I believe the majority of people that work for Staybridge Suites feel very unsatisfied with there jobs, thus creating a bad working environment. There was a lot of dedicated employees during the time I worked there and we were limited in opportunities for growth and were not paid accordingly.

Advice to Management

During the time I worked at Staybridge Suites, there was not big turn over rate with employees until I left. Therefore if you want to create job satisfaction, have less turn over rate with employees, and have you current employees eager to come to work for you, pay them what they deserve and tell them how much you appreciate them. Also, pizza and ice cream parties every 3 months does do much in the sense of showing how much you say you appreciate your employees.

6. "Good"

Pros

Nice people, great hotel and coworkers to work with.

Cons

Not so nice pay and hours

7. "Front Desk Agent"

I worked at Staybridge Suites full-time

Pros

The Staff was friendly and a joy to work with.

Cons

Management hardly spoke to you unless you worked their shifts. They would leave early and not pass on important information concerning guests.

Advice to Management

Learn respect and loyalty and then you may be able to retain some employees.

8. "New experience"

Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Housekeeping Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Staybridge Suites full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn new things and more experience in hotels.

Cons

The upper management do not care about your opinion and ideas.

Advice to Management

Bo more humanitarian and think a little be more in lower position.

"Run for your life people"

Former Employee - Executive Housekeeper in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Executive Housekeeper in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Staybridge Suites full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly I don't see any

Cons

They have found bed bugs twice in 3 weeks and I know why. They never really clean the rooms, rarely hear a vacuum, they strip the beds and the linens are washed and put right back on the beds. So linens are pilled and warn out. Just look under your beds, in back of the dresser and the corners under the lip of the toilets, black mold. The carpet is so worn out that its fraying everywhere. Was told all that is deep cleaning, NOT!

Advice to Management

wonder why the turnover rate is so high?

""Beware Owners of Hotel conduct unethical practices""

Former Employee - Management in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Irving, TX

I worked at Staybridge Suites full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Okay Breakfast and some rooms are kept clean

Cons

Very Poor upper management runs property into the ground. Treats employees unfairly and very low pay.

Advice to Management

Sell the hotel to a company that truly cares about quality and customer service for you are in the hospitality industry!