Staybridge Suites "extended stay" Reviews | Glassdoor

Staybridge Suites Employee Reviews about "extended stay"

Updated Apr 3, 2018

3.9
Staybridge Suites CEO Keith Barr (no image)
Keith Barr
Pros
  • "The pros to this job is being able to interact with the guest when ever I get the chance(in 6 reviews)

• "Due to it being an extended stay, I also have a lot of chances to make a good impression on guests(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay no benefits no advancement(in 5 reviews)

• "Upper Management spread across several properties and lacked input on issues of hotel(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "extended stay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Front Desk Agent"

I have been working at Staybridge Suites

Pros

Laid-back environment, patient with new people, good place to begin a career in hospitality. Flexible with hours, especially for students.

Cons

Limited service and extended stay hotel, so it is not ideal for those that might be looking for a resort style job experience.

Advice to Management

None really. Enjoy my managers, very thoughtful and clear with their expectations. Treat you like an intelligent adult, do not baby you.

Staybridge Suites2016-02-18
  2. "Front Desk Agent"

I worked at Staybridge Suites full-time

Pros

Since most of the guests at an extended stay hotel can be there for days or months at a time, you get a chance to really get to know new people.

Cons

No matter what you do, there are some guests you will never be able to please.

Staybridge Suites2018-04-03
  3. "Front Desk Operations Manager"

Front Office Operations Manager in West Seneca, NY

I worked at Staybridge Suites for more than 3 years

Pros

Well run parent company. Hotel was new and staffed with experienced employees from other properties.

Cons

Managers seemed overwhelmed and had difficulty adapting to new extended stay concept.

Advice to Management

Value your good employees with advancement

Staybridge Suites2016-08-08
  4. "Good entry level position."

I have been working at Staybridge Suites full-time

Pros

My hotel is relatively small, so I'm given a lot of authority and it's pretty easy to keep up with all going-ons. Due to it being an extended stay, I also have a lot of chances to make a good impression on guests. It can be pretty rewarding, and I don't feel restricted when I have to make executive decisions (no need to ask my manager for permission on every little thing).

Cons

It's customer service; some days you won't feel like humoring the guests who have outrageous requests and even more outrageous attitudes. The company cares a lot about us, but the individual cultures of the specific hotels can really make or break your experience. Great teams = great time. Not so great teams...

Advice to Management

Screen the people you hire a little better. If the job requires being on a computer 99% of the time, hire someone who knows how to log in to Windows.

Staybridge Suites2015-08-18
  5. "Staybridge Suites"

Front Desk Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Staybridge Suites

Pros

Build lasting relationships with career professionals. Lean more about the ins and outs of extended stay hotels. Become part of a close knit team.

Cons

Long hours. It's hard to know how busy a night can be. Sometimes short staffed depending on location of hotel.

Advice to Management

Be open to the needs of the employee. They know from experience what happens in the hotel everyday. Keep communication open for all departments, this will create a thriving and successful hotel.

Staybridge Suites2015-08-18
  6. "Positive Experience at Front Desk"

Front Desk in Eatontown, NJ

I worked at Staybridge Suites

Pros

Very personable staff and customers- extended stay hotel so pretty much know all of the guests. Easy to learn a lot because smaller staff.

Cons

Demanding schedule as at any hotel- work lots of nights and weekends- be willing to do this.

Staybridge Suites2015-01-28
  7. "Great people and Great place"

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Staybridge Suites full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very friendly environment, very friendly staff, guests and extended stay so you get to know them pretty well!

Cons

the pay could be better for the amount of work

Advice to Management

Keep up with employee raises

Staybridge Suites2013-08-26
  8. "Too many chiefs for corporate managed hotels"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Staybridge Suites full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Guests love the hotel IHG provides excellent training and education on how to do your job.

Cons

Unrealistic extended stay goals for Sales department - Goals needs to be by market/city not overall goal. IHG needs to focus on computer support and reduce software outages, being on hold for more than 15 minutes is is to long then when you finally reach someone, you end up getting transferred to department then another department. National account manager's are not helpful to local DOS support. You ask them a... question and very rarely do they come back with a good answer. Verty Little money spent on advertsing brand - all up to the sales department. They promote the biggest tools in RDO positions. Instead of support or suggestions, they just find what is wrong with the hotel.

Advice to Management

Take some of the money spent used for Holiday Inn Express and promote Staybridge Suites and Candlewood suites. Spend some money on IT support. Eliminate the monthy reports, Read the weekly reports and there wouldn't be a need for a monthly report

Staybridge Suites2013-07-26