Steadfast Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Steadfast Companies Chairman & CEO Rodney F. Emery
Rodney F. Emery

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The core values are not just words on a paper in a notebook or plaque on the wall" (in 12 reviews)

• "This is a great company, with many advancement opportunities" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons for Irvine (corporate office)" (in 9 reviews)

• "A lot of changes in upper management have occurred over the last year" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Steadfast Family"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Steadfast Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company and Amazing upper management!

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

"Property Accountant"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Steadfast Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family feel, level of talent and professionalism, benefits, positive environment, opportunities to learn and grow, challenging, free food, great location, my supervisor, salaried, owner of company (Rod), good company overall

Cons

Large portfolio on tight deadlines, understaffed, lots of temps, not many positions for promotions, inefficiencies, high turnover, felt married to job

Advice to Management

Add a couple people to department and lessen the work load by 1 or 2 properties, don't let all the BEM work go to waste when updating policies and procedures (Better Practices), eliminate support schedules' constant updating for unnecessary reasons, keep the positivity and motivation alive :)

"Leasing and Marketing Agent"

I worked at Steadfast Companies full-time

Pros

Amazing Co-workers and a great housing benefits. Got 20% off my rent

Cons

Pay was low and would get in trouble if we stayed over-time to work. Also the DM were AWFUL

Advice to Management

value your employees

4. "Great Company"

I have been working at Steadfast Companies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company lives by core values.

Cons

A lot of changes in upper management have occurred over the last year. These changes are improving the overall company though.

"Good company"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Nashville, TN

I worked at Steadfast Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO, pay was okay, coworkers were great

Cons

Local management, made us comp time for holiday pay in addition to working all holidays

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the Nashville region, managers driving away a lot of good people

"Lasting Impression"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at Steadfast Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours, Pay, Experience and The property is gorgeous

Cons

Management, They have favoritism, Backstabbing, No room for growth, Liars and Manipulative

Advice to Management

Try not to make your employees feel worthless and unappreciated and not valued Try not to make your Leasing professionals feel as if they don't kiss your butt they are replaceable. I was very very dedicated to my job I actually loved my position until new additions made me feel less of what I knew I was worth. How about allow your employees to work there final two weeks instead of putting them in a financial bind releasing them from there position feeling worthless and confused. Also instead of going off hearsay investigate and follow proper procedures before saying someone has done misconduct half of my employees did misconduct. They pick and choose who to accept it from. I have never felt so belittled and betrayed.

"Accountant"

Former Employee - Accountant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Steadfast Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO and 401. I do not remember anything else because i did not have good memory in the accounting department.

Cons

Accounting dept was a joke and very unorganized. They promoted people based on connection or friends with Assistant controllers/Controllers not by merits or skills. No seniority at all. Very high turn over, low pay, work too much plus on the weekends.

Advice to Management

Be fair and no favoritism within the department. Promote your staff based on experience and seniority. Dont promote your accountant just because he/she did special projects.

"Steadfast is Family"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Steadfast Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I truly feel like a member of the Steadfast Family. My peers, my owners and my management company have my back. I’ve never worked for such a giving and caring company. We are encouraged to make financial exceptions on skips which makes our lives easier onsite for our teams. We never have to rob peter to pay paul. Every year we have a gathering of the DFW properties to bond and recognize the best of the best. Paid time off is fair, with volunteer time off (which we are allowed to do in teams), floating holidays and several paid holidays.

Cons

After always having fair goals to meet to close on Sundays, we were informed that effective immediately we are required us to open Sundays, regardless of the occupancy, property size or performance. No questions asked, opinions were not welcomed or valued. And, we are required to allow the employees who works 4 hours on Sunday a full 8 hour day off, leaving us short handed during the week. One of Steadfast’s core values is to Value People, and changing our one day off that we spend with our family, is a great disappointment. I believe DFW is held to a higher standard than other regions. WOW bonuses are not explained in detail. The past 6 months have seemed unorganized, unclear and overall morale appears to be down throughout the teams.

Advice to Management

Have an outlet we can address our concerns without being reprimanded. We are discouraged from contacting the corporate office. Accompany our quarterly bonus with a detailed breakdown so we know how to improve to make our maximum bonus.

9. "Overall Good Experience and Opportunity"

I worked at Steadfast Companies full-time

Pros

Overall, my experience with Steadfast was very positive. My pay was appropriate, commissions and bonuses were a good addition to regular wage, and the employees I worked with were knowledgeable and friendly. I would recommend this employer.

Cons

Honestly, any negative aspects of my experience did not have to do with the company itself.

10. "Leasing"

I have been working at Steadfast Companies full-time

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes.