Steak n Shake Reviews in Terre Haute, IN | Glassdoor

1.7
Steak n Shake Chairman and CEO Sardar Biglari
Sardar Biglari

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule for high school or college students (in 42 reviews)

• Fast paced restaurant and I have enjoyed my time working there (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, 3rd shift can be hard to fill (in 54 reviews)

• Low pay produces lack of care/concern for customers and quality of output (in 36 reviews)

"Poor scheduling conflicted with prior commitments"

Former Employee - Server in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at Steak n Shake part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good money and hours if you want them

Cons

I would regularly be stuck working all night, even though I was scheduled to be off at 10 p.m., because of poor over-night scheduling. I would get off between 3-5 a.m. and then had to get to an 8 a.m. class. Also, people walked out on their bill a lot because the cash register was upfront, and no one was scheduled for that position.

2. "Long hours because of bad scheduling"

Former Employee - Server in Terre Haute, IN

Pros

I made a decent amount of money

Cons

Open 24 hours and was often kept for hours for which I wasn't scheduled, usually over night when I had classes the next morning

3. "wrong people in management positions"

Former Employee - Manager in Terre Haute, IN
    Former Employee - Manager in Terre Haute, IN

Pros

good training, extremely busy stores, coupons inmail and newspaper 2 times a week, benefits were ok, pay was ok, they could afford more though

Cons

training was good, home store ran nothing like traininng store, management loves to yell at employees, no communication between managers, the gm works maybe 40hrs a week while the rest of us work 50plus, overall would not recommend anyone to work here, the funny thing is all of these reviews were accurate! managers do yell at the top of thier lungs at employees!!!

Advice to Management

you have the wrong managers in place at the terre haute store, plain and simple, the manager turnover rate will continue until this is resolved. I was the 4th one in 13 months!! it was pointless to go on when the other managers werent going tochange.

Showing 3 of 1,025 reviews