Steelwedge Software Reviews in Pleasanton, CA | Glassdoor

Pleasanton, CA

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Pervinder Johar

Pros
  • Work From Home option (will screw your life asking to work in weekends and have beg for comp-off later) (in 6 reviews)

• flexible work hours, cooperative employees, healthy work culture (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much of politics within every team and across teams (in 4 reviews)

• No job security, everybody is constantly worried of losing their jobs (in 5 reviews)

"Promising, stable place to work with a sense of belonging"

Current Employee - Asd in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Asd in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- A visionary executive team that has a long-term view for the company
    - Best of breed product - Gartner recognized and appreciated by industry (especially clients)
    - Great support ecosystem - from a sales guy's point of view the support given by legal, finance and operations is tremendous
    - After a little turbulence (which is natural after a shakeup), the company has stabilized and there is a sense of purpose. Probably also explains some of the negative reviews :)
    - Healthy pipeline - as a sales guy am spending more time qualifying deals and figuring out which ones to pursue, rather than having to generate them
    - Processes are not burdensome - I have seen companies where process becomes a huge overhead. So far I have derived value from the lean processes followed in sales

Cons

- Product portfolio is rapidly changing - need to keep up with changes
    - Competitors are large and have deep pockets. That renders some deals 'un-win-able' as competitors bundle up SCM products with ERP products and offer deep discounts

Advice to Management

- Continue on charted path
    - Focus on retaining customers
    - Keep processes lean

"Sad Ending"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

1) Once Considered best in class S&OP Solutions provider.
    2) Thought Leadership in IBP/S&OP (all those people are now gone).
    3) All hands on deck approach (once upon a time).

Cons

1) Clueless (new) management.
    2) Not sure what the go to market strategy is and the product(s) that are needed.
    3) New management created an extremely poisonous environment.
    4) Basic lack of trust.
    5) All VPs/Senior Directors cover their backs as opposed to solving real customer issues. This is a 180 degree turn-around to what used to be an all hands on deck approach.
    6) Will lose most existing customers in the next 6-12 months because of above issues.

Advice to Management

Get some basic people training.

Jun 16, 2016 – Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback.

"Mark my words this company is not going to grow don't waste your time and talent for this outdated and backward product."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Steelwedge Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None! there were some good talents there but they are all gone now.
    There is no perks other than normal health and 401k that you can pretty much get anywhere else.

Cons

Too many to mention.
    They let top talent go with no performance measurement system which in result crushes morales and cause more people to look elsewhere for more secure careers.

Advice to Management

None cause there is no hope for this company.

Jun 16, 2016 – Employee Relations

Thank you for your feedback.

"Horrible management. Avoid this place."

Former Employee - Marketing in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Steelwedge Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good compensation. Free coffee, random lunches etc. nice location. Good health, vision, and dental benefits. But doesn't outweigh the cons.

Cons

No training, disorganized management. Hard to reach management/ poor communication between executives and employees. A lot of gossip. No job security, everybody is constantly worried of losing their jobs. Competition has better products.

Advice to Management

Be more accessible and communicate- employees are not mind readers.

Mar 7, 2016 – Employee Relations

Our HR team does a great job of delivering compensation/benefit packages and employee appreciation events that add to the rewards of working at Steelwedge. Thanks for noting these positives. It's ... More

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Project Manager/Solution Architect in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager/Solution Architect in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Steelwedge Software (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good domain to be in. Good work culture, and flexible.

Cons

Very few sensible executives and managers. Middle level managers in Offshore are the real downers. Absolutely NO perks. Poor pay scale. Very unorganized services and support team.

Company runs on a reactive approach than proactive approach. Very old technologies, and huge effort goes into seeing a stabilized system.

Been almost 15 years, yet in the 20-30million revenue mark. Long way to go.

Mar 7, 2016 – Employee Relations

Providing a culture employees appreciate is important to us, and we're glad you noted it. Many employees also note they appreciate the ability to work with the latest technologies, and our ... More

"Great people, high potential industry, fast-growing company with a great work culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is great, the product is great, and the people are just AWESOME!!
    Steelwedge empowers people to perform: If you have the right attitude, Steelwedge gives you the opportunity to rise to the occasion and prove your worth. It has a very dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative work environment. Tons of incredibly hard-working and smart people to learn from, lots of open idea exchange.

Steelwedge incorporates ways to stay healthy and productive in a corporate environment. Few examples: Work-out Wednesdays (which includes Yoga classes), re-imburses gym membership, Fitbit challenges among colleagues, inter-company 'Mix Softball' tournament, etc.

What I really love about this place is the open environment, which allows you to be who you are. While some might find it to be "additional work"; I find it refreshing that Steelwedge provides me the opportunity to wear multiple hats and gives me the flexibility to learn and grow in other professional areas.

Cons

- Typical growing pains: for ex. internal processes/procedures
    - Communication
    - We're growing out of our office space - which is actually a good thing!
    - Product strategy is still evolving, although that could be seen just as much as an opportunity.
    - The global model makes it a bit difficult to have a perfect work-life balance. That said, who esp. in Silicon Valley doesn't stay up for late pm calls and/or early am calls (internal or customer) + work hours are flexible .. no one's looking at the watch to check when one gets in or out of the office!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing .. I have a lot of respect and admiration for all that I've had the opportunity to work with. The decisions you've been making are definitely taking us in the right direction!!
    - Continue with the "Open door policy". It's very comforting for employees to know you're open to hearing our thoughts and ideas, and the occasional grievances
    - Continue with the thought leadership, which is clearly driving us to the path of becoming a leader in this niche market
    - Continue identifying individuals that excel in the cross-functional areas and promote organic growth

Mar 7, 2016 – Employee Relations

We are definitely an environment where ambitious people who want to learn, grow and matter can thrive. Thanks for your acknowledgement of our open door policy and the company's willingness to hear ... More

"Exciting, Fast-Growing Company That Listens to Employees"

Current Employee - Marketing in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steelwedge is an awesome company that provides great flexibility, opportunities for collaboration, benefits, and overall work experience for employees. There is a great open concept for employees to collaborate across departments and sense of transparency as the company continues to grow. Steelwedge always advocates a
    wonderful work-life balance and continues to incorporate ways to stay healthy and productive in a corporate environment.

Cons

As a company growing at a fast rate, roles and projects shift and change frequently - you must be agile and accountable with your work to avoid feeling overwhelmed. Communication is imperative across multiple offices globally in order for all teams and departments to stay in sync.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - Steelwedge is a wonderful place to work and has a bright future ahead. Being a part of a fast-paced company and having a voice that's heard means a lot. More good things are coming!

Mar 7, 2016 – Employee Relations

People can feel overwhelmed here if they aren't agile and comfortable with change. Thanks for offering that advice. As you note, along with this challenge comes the upside of having the opportunity ... More

"Growing Company, Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Operations in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for growth at every level
    Dynamic new CEO with great leadership ability
    Competitive Salary and benefits

Cons

Company is growing fast so things are not always smooth. But change is in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Keep making improvements to internal infrastructure and culture. Really liking the changes since new CEO came on-board.

Feb 13, 2017 – Employee Relations

Focusing on our infrastructure and processes while protecting our culture as we grow is a top priority. Thanks for acknowledging the positive advancements we're making (even while everything isn't ... More

"Missed Opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Steelwedge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair compensation and medical benefits. Good environment for independent self-starters who do not require a lot of support or guidance. Good people trying to grow the company and very committed, especially under the senior executive level.

Cons

Chaotic environment with no clear strategy. Excessive management turnover. Product issues. Many employees feel unsupported.

Advice to Management

Establish a vision for the company and focus on improving the product and customer satisfaction. Communicate and empower more than just a few senior executives.

Jan 30, 2017 – Employee Relations

We agree that we're best suited to self-starters who can forge their way forward, and that we are fortunate to have so many good people committed to the company's success. We must do a better job of ... More

"Very average company trying to get noticed"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Steelwedge Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Medical Benefits are very good - Their California state and non-California benefits are very competitive. They also have other benefits that can compete with most Silicon valley software companies.
    2. Technology / product is easy to learn - Plenty of training opportunities available to learn the product.

Cons

1. Terrible management and office culture - Many people have left because of poor management and internal politics. They seem to have a way of getting rid of good employees while promoting the wrong people. Lot of inside backstabbing and detrimental communication and management is usually looking the other way instead of taking any action.
    2. Product / technology is not the best: This is 2014 and there are much more advanced technologies out there. Supply chain companies have not all adopted the latest and some like Steelwedge are much farther behind. They like to portray the image that it is the best software in the market but that's not reality.
    3. Process overkill - Lately there has been an over-focus on process so much that it has become counter productive. Process is to facilitate improvement not disrupt.

Advice to Management

1. Identify the bad apples and take action.
    2. Improve the product. Make it as good as you say it is !!