Found 19 of over 118 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "At ground level there are good people to work." (in 8 reviews)
- "Opportunity to innovate, Excellent Work Culture" (in 8 reviews)
- "good work life balance" (in 6 reviews)
- "Good culture and values, innovative and working very hard in creating a bigger market space in S&OP." (in 6 reviews)
- "Flexible timings which looks good who utilises it properly." (in 5 reviews)
- "Worst Development Management poor in technical simply people management and politics." (in 9 reviews)
- "Again depends on couple of good managers whom you report to." (in 5 reviews)
- "Too much of politics." (in 4 reviews)
- "The technology is advancing very quickly so there have been a few challenges with customers but the team also seems to be able to work hard and overcome these challenges." (in 4 reviews)
- "Heavily custom solution and extremely old technology set." (in 4 reviews)
Reviews about "manager"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Sep 13, 2016Implementation ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsHyderābād
SWIFT team is good at organizing events and activities.
Managers in US have no respect for Indian employees. They want all employees to work on Festival days and when the idea is resented, US manager's abuse the entire Indian community with filthy languages. Our beloved HR team is worthless, other than for signing relieving letters. They are incapable initiating any action even when harassment is reported. Higher Management, instead of taking action against harassment, educate Indian employees to become stronger towards abuse. If the same thing had happened in US, world would be upside down by now. Indian pride is at stake and still the Indian management has no guts to initiate action US managers, such a pity. No point working in a company wherein managers doesn't have spine in the back.18Steelwedge Software Response8y
We are sorry to hear about your experience. While we zealously guard ourselves and our culture against all forms of prejudice including ethnicity, religion, personal status, we strongly advise our associates that if they encounter any negative or unprofessional encounter they should immediately let their senior manager or appropriate HR person know so we can immediately address the situation. Our senior management team maintains an “open door” communication policy and also frequently travels across remote development centers to stay in close contact with all employees. Our HR team is obliged to promptly attend to these concerns and take necessary steps. Steelwedge operates through multi locations in the world. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment by which we leverage our global teams, their ideas and talent. And so diversity is at the heart of our business and who we are. We also ensure all our Managers and Associates understand this e.g. they undergo compulsory training on workplace harassment and prevention of discrimination trainings at least once a year. We have also set up workplace diversity and prevention of harassment committee to address these issues in a timely and objective manner. We are sorry to hear that you are facing this issue and hope you are working through this process internally. We appreciate your feedback.
- 1.0May 26, 2022Associate Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Some managers are professional. You get to work with more technologies, and the more you want to learn, the more opportunities you get
Worst office politics. Worst Management. Hired IITians and IIM's to increase brand value and sell to E2open. Mass firing without reason. Incompetent people at a higher level. Worst company ever
- 1.0Jul 7, 2016Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsHyderābād
Nothing is good. They can hire and fire you any time. Good thing is CTO & founder is out (he has no idea as to what he is doing technically). Best CEO, good background, He built very good marketing team, but unfortunately product failed technically because of former CTO mistakes (tried all technologies without knowledge & with out changing old code), Bad technical design. Good place to learn politics.
Worst product management team ever seen, they dont know about product. they dont know what they are doing. Worst Development Management poor in technical simply people management and politics. Worst dev managers & leads they dont know about technology but they are technical leaders. (e.g .Net guy leading java developers, sql leader for java developers, Weblogic administrator lead java guys) Worst testing ever seen, always try to create more politics. Lot of technical never share the information for newly joined persons especially who are staying more than 7,8, 10 years. All technical guys already left the company because of old employes, they will not share any information and management also encourage those people and retain if they are resign, management not encourage who working professionally. CTO & founder is out is good thing, but still we have other who are staying 7,8, 10 years with out technical knowledge they dont know latest technologies.17Steelwedge Software Response8y
We are sorry that your time with us was unsatisfactory. We feel that we are transitioning in the right direction and recent customer wins and current customer upgrades are validating our progress in becoming the industry leader in end-to-end supply chain planning. We do realize that transition and change are not for everyone and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
- 1.0Jan 18, 2017Principal Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearHyderābād
Good Cultural activities all festival are celebrated. Nice Gaming Zone. Wide range of snacks in pantry.
Company of the Old employees who joined 5-6 Yrs back, lateral entries can't sustain due to politics. Most of the Managers and directorsMost of the Managers and directorsMost of the Managers and directors are home grown and have very little exposure outside Steelwedge. Absolute Power Corrupts. HR is non-existent. Most of their interactions are check-list based. They do not even ask a second layer question when a situation arises forget about taking action. Managers interaction with juniors not professional at all threatening tone giving hint of firing during team meetings. Really good for employees who have joined 6-7 years back as they have a major say in day to day operations and consider themselves as owners not employees and running the show like a small time shop not a next generation multinational. Lack of transparency. Lack of clear vision in terms of product roadmap. Grossly unfair performance appraisal.5
- 1.0Jun 22, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
They give you laptop one the very first day with no USB access
Everything is dependent on your manager and managers are not trained for people management. No Onsite opportunities. Very bad leave policy. No cab facility If you get late.12Steelwedge Software Response8y
We realize that we are not a great fit for everyone and are sorry that your time with us was not satisfactory. Thank you for your feedback.
- 3.0Oct 23, 2016Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSangāreddi
Work from home option is there and again depends upon your manager . Flexible timings which looks good who utilises it properly. Helpful colleagues
No proper communication from top management. No proper recognition Bad politics Less onsite opportunities Work on weekends is a bad thing6
- 5.0Apr 29, 2014Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHyderābād
- Teamwork is genuine - Very complex and challenging software - Lots of mobility - High Growth Company - Rewarding - great work experience and also lovely CSR project - Chance to travel the globe
- Weak players do not survive long - they get booted for poor performance and then come to Glassdoor to complain... - Fast paced, lots of change, constant improvement, high standards - can be bewildering for the faint hearted - Some managers are not so experienced - you have to be patient at times! - Very demanding environment - Very complex technology is hard to learn - Tough environment for Froshers - not always a lot of handholding - Some of the best opportunities require spending time in North America which is not for everyone1
- 1.0Aug 2, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
1. Work is challenging, critical deliveries in short frame. 2. Internet reimbursement for Rs.1100 3. Subsidary cab charges are Rs.2000 p.m regardless of the distance, deducted from your salary. 4. Medical Insurance (Similar to any other company)
1. Newly joined CEO Parvinder Johar, an IITian from Roorkie, taking company for a toss. Making drastic organisational changes instead of improving sales process, just like in his previous organisation Manhattan Associates. Now stop saying Manhattan, heard it enough, that irritates all of us. 2. Took a bad decision by hiring 3 dozen IITians in 2016, and could not cancel the offers later due to losing organisation credibility. Hence cutting down the appraisal/hikes for the existing employees from 2016, just to pay the new guys. 3. Bad time started for the organisation from 2016 where half of the manpower left including top good managers & CTO due to internal politics, no good business, bad management decisions, severe work pressure, and no hikes. 4. No new learnings, limited career growth and your career will come to a stand still if you work longer. You will be working here for the rest of your life on what you were initially trained on. 5. A Budget Hit Company - No hikes from 2016, last anniversary was celebrated back in 2013, no team outings since 4 yrs, project team lunches stopped, free services like tax filing stopped. Can't say what's else there in the store to be stopped. I think their next plan is to cut down cab services and internet reimbursement. 6. Management's expectation is to be available 24/7. Work extends several hours till mid night everyday and weekends as well. 7. While hiring HR will show you the green, greener, greenest side of the organisation. Once you hit the floor after training, you will realise what's on the other side of the coin. Very chaotic. 8. Humans are not machines and need leaves. This is not accepted here. For planned leaves and personal emergencies you are left to the mercy of managers who will screw you up to the maximum extent making a deal to cover the hours. If you are under a good manager, you are the lucky one. 9. Work from home is an option you can take if you can provide over hundred reasons why it's needed. Again depends on couple of good managers whom you report to. 10. The organisation is just surviving on couple of cash-cow clients who are being taken care by few hard working guys and their skills and strengths are never recognised. 11. Every quarterly meeting goes excellent as planned, hiding all the facts and showing only good figures in the presentation. You will be perplexed and feel like you are competing with Google, Microsoft, Facebook etc. 12. Another colorful feather in the company's cap is the way lay off's are followed since Jan-2014, it cannot be more cruel than this. Mostly on a Friday, a team will be on standby and the associate is monitored until he/she takes a break, the team kicks in and sweeps the associate's belongings at desk taking away the laptop, emptying office bag and blocking email and access card. All happens within minutes. Then the associate is escorted to the visitor cabin where the ID card and desk keys are grabbed and package of personal belongings are handed over and again escorted to the cab which is already booked just for you. It's not just one off case, it happened with many many people here. At least a criminal will know the reason for his jail term, here you don't get a reason why you are fired off. Now I left this company after many bad & bitter experiences and uncertainty of company's future after Dec-2016. I will never ever recommend to anyone13Steelwedge Software Response8y
Steelwedge has transitioned over the past two years into a leading supply chain planning company. With this transition came a lot of change. Great changes to our product and many changes to our teams. As we do this, one of our key priorities is for our employees to love the high performance culture. We feel our top talent plays a key role in driving this transformation and it is important that they are positioned well to play on their strengths. We are mindful that every employee who joins us wants to make an impact and through our work practices / policies we make them feel committed to make an impact. We also realize however, we are not a good fit for everyone. We are sorry you found your time less than satisfactory here.
- 1.0Aug 22, 2016Senior EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHyderābād
Rs 250 Birthday giftcard Easy spot awards if you are close to your manager or offer to quit Town hall snacks every month, wherein great actors from management try and sell positives to employees (wish they could sell the same to customers)
CTO controlled Steelwedge like the way congress is controlled by Pappu. Good he was kicked out. Management still considers this as a startup company, just because they changed the database. (Grow up) SQL managers think writing java code is like playing with SQL queries (Run once and fix the issue in 2 seconds)16Steelwedge Software Response8y
Thank you for your feedback.