Steelwedge Software Employee Reviews about "politics"
51% would recommend to a friend
(18 total reviews)
51% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "At ground level there are good people to work." (in 8 reviews)
- "Opportunity to innovate, Excellent Work Culture" (in 7 reviews)
- "Good culture and values, innovative and working very hard in creating a bigger market space in S&OP." (in 7 reviews)
- "good work life balance" (in 6 reviews)
- "Aggressive CEO" (in 5 reviews)
- "Worst Development Management poor in technical simply people management and politics." (in 9 reviews)
- "Again depends on couple of good managers whom you report to." (in 5 reviews)
- "No job security." (in 5 reviews)
- "Too much of politics." (in 4 reviews)
- "The technology is advancing very quickly so there have been a few challenges with customers but the team also seems to be able to work hard and overcome these challenges." (in 4 reviews)
Found 18 of over 118 reviews
Updated Dec 8, 2022
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "politics"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0May 16, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeHyderābād
1. Good for people who work in the development team. Get to work with the latest technologies. 2. Learning opportunities while on the job. 3. Temporary on-site assignments like support.
1. Seems like working in a political organization. 2. No HR - HR should not be a team run by a bunch of recruiters or a VP of Finance or a VP of R&D. No wonder the senior people in the US who have stake in the Indian Operations don't realize this. 3. Quick Hire and Fire policy. 4. No employee benefits. 5. Practically no personal life. 6. Poor management.10Steelwedge Software Response8y
We appreciate your noting the opportunity to learn and work with the latest technologies. We are working to transfer the structure and processes we have in the US, including HR-related ones, to our other offices, including India. We've made investments in HR talent and other resources to focus on our locations outside the US.
- 1.0May 26, 2022Associate Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Some managers are professional. You get to work with more technologies, and the more you want to learn, the more opportunities you get
Worst office politics. Worst Management. Hired IITians and IIM's to increase brand value and sell to E2open. Mass firing without reason. Incompetent people at a higher level. Worst company ever
- 1.0Jul 7, 2016Senior Software EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsHyderābād
Nothing is good. They can hire and fire you any time. Good thing is CTO & founder is out (he has no idea as to what he is doing technically). Best CEO, good background, He built very good marketing team, but unfortunately product failed technically because of former CTO mistakes (tried all technologies without knowledge & with out changing old code), Bad technical design. Good place to learn politics.
Worst product management team ever seen, they dont know about product. they dont know what they are doing. Worst Development Management poorWorst Development Management poorWorst Development Management poor in technical simply people management and politics. Worst dev managers & leads they dont know about technology but they are technical leaders. (e.g .Net guy leading java developers, sql leader for java developers, Weblogic administrator lead java guys) Worst testing ever seen, always try to create more politics. Lot of technical never share the information for newly joined persons especially who are staying more than 7,8, 10 years. All technical guys already left the company because of old employes, they will not share any information and management also encourage those people and retain if they are resign, management not encourage who working professionally. CTO & founder is out is good thing, but still we have other who are staying 7,8, 10 years with out technical knowledge they dont know latest technologies.17Steelwedge Software Response8y
We are sorry that your time with us was unsatisfactory. We feel that we are transitioning in the right direction and recent customer wins and current customer upgrades are validating our progress in becoming the industry leader in end-to-end supply chain planning. We do realize that transition and change are not for everyone and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
- 2.0Jun 13, 2012Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
1. Great product and niche domain 2. Great value proposition in services offerings. 3. Opportunities to grow rapidly and be industry leader
Too much of politics.. No coordination between India and US team.. No defined processes and too much of groupism.. It is very tough to be rewarded purely for merit.. you need to have blessing of the right leader in the organization6
- 1.0Mar 17, 2014Senior ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHyderābād
good clients, and niche and nice domains, few committed people aspiring to work by the books and yield good results to the company. if all the right resource are pulled together, the company has a great potential to lead the market, but is not "as professional" yet
the product has basic functionality issues which is causing the dissatisfaction of many customers who are using the product. The solution is a great solution and an extremely flexible one. There is a lot of attrition going on in the company shattering the minds of all the employees because of a said drop and not meeting in financial targets. not a great situation to be in since it speaks about a lot of unsaid things. lot of politics. people are fired very easily and conveniently8
- 1.0Jul 5, 2016DirectorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearHyderābād
Good only for those who play politics and blame others. Several people who are with the company for several Years play all sorts of games and are surviving, Steelwedge is safe haven for them.
Bad top management and CEO. Hyderabad center do not even have a center-head. No process, no road map. Work culture is bad. Push you with lot of work that weekends are gone. All hours, all days are working. Layoffs and lot of good people are leaving the company from last one Year. Even the CTO & founder is out.13Steelwedge Software Response8y
Thank you for your feedback.
- 2.0May 4, 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Very unique product and good for growth any level (But have to be very knowledge too handle adamant people in the company) Work From Home option (will screw your life asking to work in weekends and have beg for comp-off later) On-site opportunities (But for short duration of 1 to 2 weeks 80%, 3 to 4 weeks 15% and 5% above that 4weeks) Flexible work hours (But have to work for long hours that's the reason flexible work hours)
<Summary> Worst politics and irrational people at all levels and many disgusting managers, long work hours, will screw health, selfish people can go to any extent to torch-er, rules and regulations will not apply for all and will be very loose to others lead & boss close actors or special characters or chapters (chamchagiri) people. <Summary> - Fast paced, lots of change, constant improvement, no proper co-ordinations between teams due to politics - Some managers are there since long time, they think everything has to be completed in same day no matter whether the task was handed over during the end of day... that has to be completed immediate - you have to be patient if assigned to client. - Very demanding environment. - Unnecessary involvement of resources in meetings and lengthy meeting to screw resources time). - Tough environment for Freshers not good for them as it will not help them outside if they think to move out. - all kinds of antiq people can be seen here at one place with disgusting attitude, with in-human approach by showing there superiority. - How hard you support they will stab you in back due to high politics. - Frequently have to work for weekends and to avail the comp-off people have to beg, if given they will traget people later has the projects are of short duration and can't avail with in month. - no respect for people below lead level and no recognition for the effort as they think resource hours are cheap and have no value for contribution. There are many people working sincerely at desk and in-reversely as well, many itchy tongue people keeps disturbing other people with no proper ethics and people work long hours by waisting time with frequent break for smoking 4-5 times for min 15mins to 45mins max times a day and do politics on the floor. - There are many people who do or say things by really doing them, i mean doing and pretend to do kind of attitude. - Already market got exhausted for the product. - 60% of projects are for short duration only and will touch-er resources to complete the project with rapid speed.10
- 2.0Apr 13, 2016Senior Software Test EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsHyderābād
If you are looking for a short-term stop-gap employment for 3-6 months, you may join this company You will get salary on time without any issues
Smart work, hard work, skills and abilities won't be recognized Mediocrity is respected and encouraged Unstable business, Mindless hiring and firing Executive management promotes politics HR invents new policies to harass employees11Steelwedge Software Response8y
Thank you for your feedback and we feel it is important that employees who join Steelwedge are committed to make an impact. Those that are, will be recognized for the value they provide to the business. If you have concerns, please discuss with your leadership internally to help resolve them.
- 3.0Jun 25, 2014AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHyderābād
Exceptional Manager and co-workers. Good knowledge in Supply chain domain.
No development career wise. Politics run around for hike and promotions.2