Stefanini Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Spencer Gracias

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good entry level positions for those starting out in IT (in 11 reviews)

• Great people, chosen for their personalty also, not only for their skills (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Low salary increase perspective, (in 21 reviews)

• There isn't much room for growth, and pay raises are only about a dollar a year (in 7 reviews)

1. "Desktop Support"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Stefanini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management seems to be really interested in what we are doing, Willing to help and ask for help.

Cons

Communication is lacking in some areas about what is going on. Training on Service Know program (I give it about a grade b) is lacking. Current knowledge is about 50%.

Advice to Management

Still waiting for one on one meetings. I understand they have allot on their plate.
    Be nice to know what's going on during the week. Like to know what's happening about job roles.

2. "Exceptional"

Current Employee - Deskside Technician in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Deskside Technician in Portland, OR

I have been working at Stefanini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interview went like a well oiled machine. Talked about Key points. Interviewer was considerate kind and astute. Been here about 3 months, love working with and for Stefanini. They provide all the tools to make me an effective and valuable asset in the company from Instructional classes to the great perks. Glad I am here hope to be here for a long time.

Cons

Just wish I had joined sooner

Advice to Management

Can't really give advice to Management. I know there plate is always full . Just keep doing the great work you are doing.

3. "Help Desk"

Former Employee - Help Desk Support in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Help Desk Support in Southfield, MI

I worked at Stefanini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay rate isn't horrible. That's it.

Cons

Bad management. The entire infrastructure of management is bad and it shows in who they hire.
    Near zero communication with employees for anything relevant to actual work; treated like a customer in terms of ignorance.

Schedule is different everyday and every week for no reason. No other places do scheduling like this, not even in other fields.

Training was worthless. Only soft skills and even then most of the training was about the company we support. Almost 3 months in and no basic guidelines for outages or anything basic.

Management works 9-5, M-F with little care of other employees.
    They blindly 'promote' people to other roles outside of call handling and provide no structure. The only emails we get are about complaints regarding processes they have yet to finalize.

We're a new a new desk and were rushed into a new building that's still under construction and are forced to work in 80-90 degree temperatures because the AC doesn't work, but some how worked when unknown people came for what appeared to be a tour.

Team leads are useless and rarely seen.

Floor resources are literally just people they hired to take calls. Most just make up answers when asked. Some clearly haveno technical backgrounds.

Advice to Management

Stop over promising and tell your employees in a non conceding way what you expect, and don't just blindly put people in positions they can't do. There's no reason someone with zero experience should be handling ticket procedures.

Don't export the scheduling of your employees to third worlds.

4. "Great"

Current Employee - Nike Service Desk II in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Nike Service Desk II in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Stefanini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the idea of working for Stefanini, The Owner is very cool and I am happy for him, I I am personally excited to work here, they take good care of you, they are a legitimate company, They will work with you, HR is friendly and proficient and I am trying to bring others along so they can be happy as well. That being said I am happy to be here.

Cons

none thus far, nor do I think there will be.

Advice to Management

I personally cannot empathize with what you all may be going through but it seems a lot. Try to have some fun. You guys are great!

May 3, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Hello, and thank you for your honest review. It is extremely exciting to hear a brand new employee on such a high profile customer desk be so enthusiastic about their experiences with Stefanini... More

"Go elsewhere"

Current Employee - Call Center Employee in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Call Center Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Stefanini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paycheck comes every two weeks

Cons

High insurance cost
    Management appears to be dishonest
    Training in ineffective
    Have been here less than 2 months - looking for another job
    Makes/made unattainable promises to client

Advice to Management

Move out of management if you do not know how to lead and motivate people

May 3, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Hello, and thank you for your honest review. I see that you are a new and current employee, and I would like to discuss your statements with you in person to see if there is anything that can be... More

6. "Desktop Support"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Stefanini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and start a carrier

Cons

It Desktop Support Technician is thing different day

May 2, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Hello, and thank you for your honest review. We’re glad that your experience so far has been good! It is true that desktop support is always changing and that can be challenging, but it is also... More

"Systems Tech"

Former Employee - Systems Technician in Horicon, WI
    Former Employee - Systems Technician in Horicon, WI

I worked at Stefanini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A couple of the staff I worked with are great folks.

Cons

Low pay. Local management less than honest about hours and responsibilities. Lots of in-fighting and back stabbing. Struggled to get needed training in areas and clients having at times unrealistic expectations-largely caused and amplified by local Stefanini management not supporting techs. My position has had multiple turnovers before and after I was there. They taut there healthcare benefits but there are no local clinics to use.

Advice to Management

Need to understand that proper training shouldn't be a struggle for techs. Be candid about responsibilities and benefits. Pay a rationale salary.

May 2, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Hello, and thank you for your honest review. Stefanini does as much as we can to help our off site technicians get the training they need and deserve. Also know that all clients provide the... More

"Very Good Overall"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Stefanini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with my team very much because we have a fun and relaxed environment that filters down starting with my boss. This is a huge pro for myself (and my colleagues) because I've worked in environments that were the complete opposite, and the day would drag on which made me dread going to work. Being a recruiter I get to interact with a lot of people at various levels of the company, and many managers like to have a similar environment for their respective teams because there is no reason why an organization cannot be fun and productive at the same time.

I also enjoy the flexibility my team has with the sharing of ideas and concepts, as well as general working hours which helps create a good work/life balance (some teams might not have the scheduling flexibility, but each one is unique). We have an open, collaborative environment which creates camaraderie among the team, and everyone has an opportunity to share their input on a subject.

Some people might read this review and think that because I'm a recruiter I have to say nice things, but that's not true. I've been dragged through the mud with enough jobs (and bosses) I didn't like, so I can appreciate when I have something good. Overall, you get out of it what you put into it when it comes to your career, so whether you're an entry-level employee or CEO, do your best and take pride in what you do.

Cons

The company's old school business mentality can sometimes show through, but luckily, that's something that is transforming to meet expectations in the modern era.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to new ideas and approaches in modern society because businesses must be able to adapt.

May 2, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Hello, and thank you for your positive review. We are extremely happy that you are satisfied with your position with Stefanini! Your relationship with your team members and your manger can go a... More

9. "So far, So good"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Stefanini full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the team I work with. We always seem to have each other's best interest in mind and coming from places where communication did not exist, it has been a great change of pace.

I love the work balance.

Cons

I can't think of any at this present time.

Advice to Management

Keep continuing to give advice and goals to your staff.

Mar 13, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Hello, and thank you for your honest review. We’re excited that your time with us has been great! Having good relationships with the team you work with is essential to the type of success we want... More

10. "Process Architect"

Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Southfield, MI

Pros

Great team members, lots of work available, Leaders come to me for opinions.

Cons

Documentation per account rather than per company, so methods are not consistent.

Advice to Management

Invest in centralized processes that can be used for each customer.

Jan 24, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Hello, and thank you for your honest review. We are very glad to hear that your time with Stefanini has been good! It is true in a business like ours, things might need to be done differently for... More