Steffian Bradley Architects Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Graphic Designer"

Pros

Good People who seemed competent, parking, views cant be beat.

Cons

Some of the old timers behaved like old timers.

"Nepotism"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

Pros

Innovative and creative design work

Cons

Too much nepotism in the Enfield office. People are afraid to be honest because of the nepotism there

Advice to Management

don't allow relatives to work for each other

3. "Would recommend"

Pros

The people in the office are great to work with and there is plenty of opportunity if you choose to pursue it.

Cons

Communication is lacking slightly sometimes.

Advice to Management

Have more fun

"architect"

Former Employee - Architectural Designer/Project Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Architectural Designer/Project Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Competitive pay, good benefits. Lots of training. Good opportunities to move up.

Cons

Staff can be pigeonholed. It can be very gossipy.

Advice to Management

Use your people to their best advantage. Reward good work. Ecourage good work enviroment. Fire devisive employees.

"Fired for asking for equal pay"

I worked at Steffian Bradley Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful locations, wonderful co-workers that help you achieve your goals in being the best.

Cons

During the monthly office meeting it was shown that I was being paid less than the male employees. I had asked for a raise so that I may get equal pay....they answered with a lay off.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, if you don't like the answer or suggestions don't lay them off for pointing them out to you.

6. "Shut Your Doors"

Former Employee - Designer Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Designer Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Steffian Bradley Architects full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The view from the office. The only solace you'll find working for this company is the ocean view.

Cons

Everything. The most poorly managed company I've ever worked for. They lie, demote to avoid giving a raise, cheat, hire & lay off more than any company on the market. They treat you like slaves in a sweat shop with no incentive to work hard or trust them. The principles are old boys who think they can do no wrong and don't care about the careers of lower staff.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees. All you do is chase away the good ones you have left! Strategic planning? That's a joke. Do the Boston market a public service by shutting your doors for good.

7. "Great group of co-workers."

Former Employee - Design Manager in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Design Manager in Watertown, MA

I worked at Steffian Bradley Architects full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office environment and location is fantastic. The people are very helpful to each other. It was a nice place to work.

Cons

Upper management is a bit deceptive. The week before I was laid off I received a small raise and a promise of promotion. Surprised to be let go.

8. "Inspired to be your best."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Steffian Bradley Architects full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having joined SBA four months ago, I already feel deeply rooted in an organization that truly inspires you to be the best you can be. SBA's culture is based on collaboration where each and every voice is heard. This is apparent with the number of committees in place and the encouragement to join them. I look forward to continually growing and striving to be at the top of my game thanks to the open-mindedness and creativity of my colleagues.

Cons

The office is located in an area where there are not many choices of eateries in walking distance. Most employees bring their lunch so having microwaves that work would be good. There are three microwaves in the office and only one consistently works.

9. "If you're driven, you will get a lot of opportunities to succeed"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Steffian Bradley Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have found encouragement to be proactive in Business Development, Outside Professional Orgs, and leading company initiatives. If you want more responsibility all you have to do is step-up. Principals are all very approachable & friendly.

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to collaborate with other offices. Dental plan is pricey.

10. "Good firm for health care archteture, but..."

I have been working at Steffian Bradley Architects full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some senior employes are on the front of new wasy to design. If you can get in with them you will learn a lot. Pay is good, benefits good, lots of fun people. The supporting staff are very helpful. People get together to do things after work. People are pround of there work when a project is done. nice to be part of the company when you get to see a completed project and how good it is.

Cons

Communications from bosses is infrequent, includes telling you how your doing. And what they expect of your assignment or moving people around projects with little notice. There are definitly favorites.
    Location is too far from city center.