Steiner Education Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Leonard I. Fluxman

1. "Dean Of Education"

I have been working at Steiner Education full-time

Pros

Worked with great committed teammates.

Cons

unrealistic workload and expectation. no freedom to prioritize as you see fit for your department.

Advice to Management

Listen to your managers.

2. "If you just need a job."

I worked at Steiner Education full-time

Pros

You will get to have your own office.

Cons

Not so good management.

"Financial Aid Officer"

I have been working at Steiner Education full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities to grow within the company

Cons

low salaries, not good work-life balance

Advice to Management

Salary and benefits need improvement

5. "A quality company to work for!"

Current Employee - Campus Director
    Current Employee - Campus Director

I have been working at Steiner Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive corporate team that operates with integrity. You're held accountable for outcomes that are attainable and not unrealistic. Locally, the team feels like family and is supportive interdepartmentally. I've had a great experience here and would recommend Steiner to anyone who has thrives in a collaborative environment, has a passion for student success, and love the health, wellness, and beauty industry!

Cons

There is room for improvement in the initial training process but most of the true training is on the job.

6. "Lacking in so many ways"

Current Employee - Massage Instructor in Linthicum, MD
    Current Employee - Massage Instructor in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at Steiner Education part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great learning opportunity for new teachers

Cons

Unethical, low pay, below average students

Advice to Management

Get better quality students and hold them accountable.

"Soul sucking work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Steiner Education full-time

Pros

There were some amazing, caring teachers and staff, but they began to drop like flies one by one as they got fed up with the environment.

Some of the students who were enthusiastic to learn.

Free massages in the clinic.

Cons

Corporate greed was rampant. I saw the evolution of the place from when I attended as a student and afterwards when Steiner purchased the school. Everyone used to have to be a massage therapist to work there, even in admin, and afterwards it felt more like a used car lot. They doubled the price of tuition and went for hard selling. All admin cared about was recruiting, recruiting, recruiting and very little about the well-being of the current students and the staff.
    Students were straight up lied to trick them into spending more money on programs they didn't want in order to access the programs they did want.

The soul-sucking environment led to high employee turnover, which was also distressing to the students. There were many dissatisfied students and all the good people ended up leaving or I heard they left after I did.

I was lied to about the position I got, as well---was told I was hired as a Scheduling Coordinator and then didn't find out until I was signing my contract that I was put in a lower position in the Student Clinic. Like the lady wasn't even going to tell me directly, I had to point out that the job title info wasn't correct.

Lastly, I enrolled in a program under the employee discount, and they didn't explain that there were certain terms for that until AFTER I was enrolled and had already paid for the program. They rushed me in on a bathroom break from my job to sign a contract with terms I didn't know about or agree to before paying for the program, and then rushed me out without even giving me a copy of the contract. I was a bit in shock and didn't retain all of the terms, so when the time came that I had to drop out of the program, they tried to hit me up for the entirety of the program. I had to get a lawyer to get the thing dismissed. Shady place.

Advice to Management

You should really be ashamed of your company.

"Campus director"

Former Employee - Campus Director in Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Campus Director in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at Steiner Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent area, great local employees, excellent students. There is nothing positive beyond that.

Cons

Terrible company, poor leadership, no training. Manage through intimidation and fear versus leading. Managers enjoy being feared. They do not care about the students or the education.

Advice to Management

Evaluate middle managers better. Create a culture that people want to grow rather than afraid to speak up

"It's Worth It, If You Are A Dedicated and Driven Professional"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Steiner Education (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Steiner for less than a year. I can wholeheartedly say that Steiner's top management and leadership are really working diligently to recalibrate the core values and execution of student service. I applaud them on working so diligently to make Steiner more student focused. It's tough to stand in the mirror and recognize your flaws, but they have chosen to meet them head on by better understanding what resources need added or developed to support students, engage at a higher level with students, and establish a more positive culture at the employee level.

They do an excellent job at promoting the school through marketing channels. Which generates a lot of local buzz to help the school.

Cons

While the technology utilized amongst different departments functions and does the job, there are enhancements that could be made to help employees work more efficiently and possibly lead to faster and higher quality results. Some bells and whistles understandably are not needed, however some refreshes may increase employee satisfaction and even client/student customer service.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep on with the uphill battle they are fighting. Continue to keep clearing the path for quality talent that is bought into your SEG mission. Recognize your top talent in new creative ways to generate excitement at the campus levels and include the entire markets. I am pleased with the leadership and appreciate the professional development.

"Horrible Company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Steiner Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits at the time were not TOO bad, and most of my co workers were pleasant to work with. But, the misery that I endured at Steiner made me more appreciative of working for a company that actually cares about their employees.

Cons

I worked in the administrative office in the accounting department and was extremely overworked. I was not only responsible for my day to day responsibilities but was expected to take on other responsibilities as well when the "office manager" position was vacated and not replaced. I was paid on a salary basis but often needed to work more than 40 hours in order to just try to keep on top of my weekly workload. Most often it was impossible to do so, and quite often had difficulty keeping up. I did notify management and was asked to give a detailed report of my daily tasks, but nothing was ever done. After about nine months I finally gave up and found other employment.

Advice to Management

Take more care of the needs of your employees.

"Horrible company to work for."

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Steiner Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people at the phoenix campus especially the instructors are good people.

Cons

Only care about numbers not people. Push and train to enroll even with not being honest and manipulation of what you say. Treat their employees with disrepect and a very toxic mangement/office manager environment.

Advice to Management

If you inspire and motivate through positive support your employees would be considerably more productive. If you motivate through fear and intimidation your employees would go the extra mile.