KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,302 of over 1K reviews

3.5
Stericycle President and CEO Cindy Miller
Cindy Miller
Pros
  • "they had great benefits and rewards(in 52 reviews)

• "great pay good benefits paid time off(in 50 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management has no idea how to run a company & their is No communication at all in all departments(in 47 reviews)

• "Low pay compare to the work need(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Stericycle and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Best company yet!

May 10, 2021 - Talent Acquisition in Quebec, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am in Love with the company. Everyday is a learning experience, managers and colleagues are eager to help out and orient me in the right way. Thus far, I am learning about their policies and getting familiar with the system, making sure i am sending everything correctly. It is truly a One Team One Goal environment, whether it is to ask for help to understand something or solve an issue, trying to brainstorm to make things better for everyone.

Cons

The hardest part of the job is not knowing everything and how everything works, but it is a learning process and I have excellent support from the team. Everyone is so nice :)

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and positive feedback. We love hearing stories like this. We understand that the key to our success at Stericycle is our dedicated team members who go above and beyond to deliver exceptional results.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Love it!

Jun 7, 2021 - Social Media Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work with great people!

Cons

Fast-paced, but not always a bad thing.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Our success is thanks to our team members who strive for excellence. We appreciate you!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great opportunity for growth, decent culture

May 25, 2021 - Information Technology in Bannockburn, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started off in help desk and was able to move up to a higher position on a different IT team within 5 years. Many departments strive to help their team members improve and give them flexibility to move to where they want. Under current executive team, company stock is improving.

Cons

Outdated views on office work vs work from home, all the way up to CEO. Despite wanting to force office work, there are no incentives, i.e. barely average office space with few amenities and no events. Health benefits decreased when our stock suffered for a year and bonuses disappeared. Senior and executive leadership go through almost complete overhauls every year or two, although this is not always a con.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and positive feedback. We enjoy hearing stories like this as well as receiving feedback on where we can improve. We hold ourselves to the highest standards and strive to make positive improvements.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Remote work that is fun!

Jun 2, 2021 - Inside Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote which is great! Good commissions, good pay, benefits are great! Transparent manager with no corporate line. Great job for seasoned and if you are looking into getting into sales. They have gotten a lot better with ROE issues and territories are very fair.

Cons

Need a better training program. Look into Michael Pedone for training. He is the man!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great career growth opportunity

May 9, 2021 - Director of Sales in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is focused on organic and methodical growth, which creates opportunities for career advancement in all departments Any issues that have been posted about Stericycle in the past have been resolved with the change in leadership Stericycle operates with a high standard of ethics, there are no short cuts for success. We hire for attitude and culture, skills can be taught

Cons

Change is not for everyone. Stericycle is focused on long term success, which requires frequent pivoting. If you thrive in that type of environment, come on board. There is a lot of continuous education required, be prepared to learn!!

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and positive feedback. Stericycle leaders know that the key to our success is thanks to our dedicated team members. We appreciate the information you have shared.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Unethical and Toxic environment

Jun 18, 2021 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Has potential if upper management is cleaned up.

Cons

Are not conducting business in the best interest of the Shareholders. Reports made to HR and Ethics line are swept under the rug. C-Suite/ Management turns a blind eye to directors that are high producers even when they are producing business unethically. Managers are consistently caught in lies regarding commissions and credits to reps. Will try to prevent you from receiving credit/commission on large deals sold.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

good enough

Jun 10, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

stock buy in program and the SteriCares program that helps employees who suffered hardship

Cons

there was a lot of "well i guess thats good enough" or if anyone tried to improve something it was met with a lot of resistance. a lot of people didnt want to change because they would say its how they have always done it

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great overall, but culture is changing - Shred It

Feb 11, 2021 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance is great as long as you are performing. Company seems to care about you and your growth and will help invest. Everyone is willing to help if you reach out and ask.

Cons

Culture is no longer where you feel like you're being built up, its more fear based selling now, depending on the manager and their agenda. Sales Managers are now being pressed from higher up the chain to micro manage the reps so they can report a scorecard to the VP/C level suite, which does not drive results, it drives fear which in return drives turnover and less bought in reps who want to grow. You feel more like a number now than an actual person due to a scorecard for dials and appointments. We sold more and were more focused when we saw that our leadership cared for us as individuals and not just the $$ in their pockets and for their shareholders. You're compared to reps who sell 100% hot leads/call in's, so you're not being graded accurately.

5 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback. This information is greatly appreciated, and I'm sorry to hear your experience at Stericycle has not been the most positive one. Our team members are very important to us, and we would never want them to feel they are not heard or valued. This feedback will help us make improvements.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Ok

Jun 3, 2021 - Dispatcher in Sacramento, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO IS OK but could accumulate more

Cons

none at this time to leave

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and positive feedback. We understand that the key to our success at Stericycle is our dedicated team members who go above and beyond to deliver exceptional results.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Okay place to work.

Jun 15, 2021 - Project Coordinator in Lancaster, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers were great to work with and there was a solid team environment.

Cons

Management was very poor. Nepotism and Favoritism was common.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,302 Reviews