Stericycle Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Charles A. Alutto

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management showed favoritism (in 26 reviews)

• It's a call center it gets boring sometimes (in 14 reviews)

"Was Wonderful...At First"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Stericycle (More than a year)

Pros

Great starter job for anyone fresh out of school needing to pick up skills. Not sure why people still go through the staffing agency when you can just be directly hired on like I was. Training weekvwas great, so were the next few weeks after that. Everyone was so nice and supportive. All my coworkers were happy and sweet as well. Communication was decent amongst the teams and work flow was nice. We could use the computers to look at pinterest during free time.

Cons

Constant changes began occuring. Managment were never on same page. Constant IT issues. Lots of turn over and overcrowding in the call center (felt like i was being pushed out to make room for others). The environment became loud and chaotic FILLED with drama and sneaky snakes. IT cut off 99% of websites including pinterest. Amount of calls received and difficulty kept rising. Impossible goals to reach. Supervisors nit picking every detail and writing you up constantly when you forget a new change on how to take a message because it is always changing! Clear favortism and reprimandations for not playing into upper managments blackmailing. Dangle the carrot of "going home to work in 6 mos" without any intention on sending you home then. Breaking labor laws letting people work 70 plus hours a week. Like i said good starter job, but after 6 mos to 1 yr get out of there! Oh yea and no raises until at least a year and reviews will never be done on time.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and find more professional people who dont play games and know what organization is. And quit nit picking new employees so much, thats why they all quit!

2. "customer experience expert"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home is the only good thing the company has going for it self

Cons

Managers cant communicate with employees, unfair, show favoritism ,pay is not good at all with all the agents put up with caller, scheduling is horrible

Advice to Management

Hire better manager, and up the pay, follow threw with the incentives and so call rewards that they say the company offers

3. "Corporate"

Current Employee - Corporate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Corporate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

Consistency in communication can be improved

"Average company with potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of entry level jobs. Some growth opportunity. Decent benefits.

Cons

Low pay without much opportunity for increase. No bonuses or pay structure tied to profitability. Benefits are expensive for family coverage due to low wages.

Advice to Management

Consider what fair pay means to your employees. Reward entry level employees that stay long term (over 1 year) and offer incentives tied to company performance.

"Has so much potential but looses it with hiring mostly temp or contractor employees."

Former Employee - Real Time Traffic Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Real Time Traffic Coordinator in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Stericycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people that want to succeed together; best work experience you could possibly get, to the point that it could replace some schooling (depending on what you do and how they work with you); medical insurance if you are a permanent employee (not many are)

Cons

Low wages; must be a friend of someone to advance over others of similar or less experience; lots of talk about culture but the hidden truth is that money is king, always.

Advice to Management

Fire your mid level management (directors, VP's, client managers, etc.) because they are draining the life-blood from the company. I have worked with the executives and they can be great but they only have a high-level viewpoint to work with. You need someone that is really going to pay people to want to be there......and then they will be there!

Mar 7, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback as a former Team Member. At Stericycle, we know how important it is to hear from our Team Members, both past and present, because it keeps us on our road to ... More

"More in depth Training"

Former Employee - Health Care Compliance Specialist in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Health Care Compliance Specialist in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Stericycle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are friendly, good parking area, room for advancement, brand name company, co-workers try to help you out. Profit Sharing!!

Cons

Not enough training. The instructor goes thru the information to fast!! I think it should be more than 2 weeks in the class room before going to Pod. If you are comfortable and knowledgeable about the training you would feel more comfortable going out on the floor. Make training at least 3 weeks in a classroom setting before going to Pod.
    Remember trainers that not everyone has sold this product before be more mindful!!! A knowledge Sales Rep makes a Profitable Sales Rep!

Advice to Management

No less than 3 weeks training in classroom for New Hires!!!

Nov 4, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your time with us at Stericycle. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our company culture. At Stericycle we pride ourselves on building a ... More

"Hard work. can pay off"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can be lucrative if your great at sales. Great employees! the best part about my day is knowing that everyone I work with gets along. lots of help from every direction. even veteran sales people (at least on my team) are more than willing to help out with anything a new consultant like I may need. If you work hard, and make the sales it can pay off.
    I am happy here, and am excited to learn with the company, but it will be a long road.

Cons

when I say very hard work I mean it. Lots of customers are upset with us as a company. They are starting a new program to try and fix this, however until that is in effect it may be a hard sale. Can be long days hearing no and getting yelled at by frustrated customers that have already been sold to multiple times.
    only get paid commission once you hit a certain percent to goal

Advice to Management

Give more sales team more options to help upset customers rather than only one team. Pay on a percent to sale even if you don't fully hit goal. Keep up the great work with the new initiatives to make happy customers.

Nov 4, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us as an Inside Sales Representative. We're happy to hear that you enjoy our fast-paced environment and our supportive company culture. We ... More

"Retail division fast paced and challenging"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Stericycle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging start up like environment with room to grow for talented employees. Good compensation plan for sales team. Business continuing to grow and expand.

Cons

Limited resources given to fast growing business. Leadership team poor in certain departments. Demanding customers require a lot of work.

Advice to Management

Need to be more aware of leaders that do not understand the business and create more work for employees.

"Customer service phone rep"

Current Employee - Strategic Accounts Customer Service in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Strategic Accounts Customer Service in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meh. The building and location are cool and stuff. Right off the highway. Huge company with tons of room for growth, but

Cons

Your supervisor will either be your best friend or your biggest hurdle. As well as upper management. At least on the phone team. The turn around is high because employees don't feel valued. Management will go out of their way to spend money on shirts, gadgets and cups with the company name and logo on it to give to employees, but instead of spending money on that why not give it to your employees in the form of a raise to keep them happy? They preach one team one goal, but when you ask them questions about why things are the way they are, they smile and acknowledge you asked a question but don't give you any answer and blow smoke up you butt about how valuable you are. I hope this gets some robot reply from Stericycle saying something to the effect of "we value your opinion and want to know more about what we can do". What you can do is completely restructure how the customer service phone team is operated because it is frustrating. Saying you appreciate what we do doesn't mean jack. Show us you appreciate us. Actions speak louder than empty words do. I don't want a charger that breaks after two uses. I don't want a shirt that only comes in XXL that was for some stupid company event. I want money. Apply the money you spent on getting that towards the department and increase the hourly rate or bonus payout. Metrics that are leaps and bounds better than the current values only get paid out at bonus rate of 1.5%?!?! Why not 5%?

Advice to Management

Why don't you take calls for a day when we're in SQ code red and 20+ calls are holding. One team one goal, right? Or is that too beneath you? Put your money where your mouth is if you say you appreciate us.

"Fast growing company"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Stericycle (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great co workers, all are hard workers but kind, ability to grow within company, lots of benefits like tuition reimbursement and company stock options

Cons

Very disorganized HR. I think they are overworked. Not a good experience. Very simple things were continuously getting messed up. Company has grown at such a fast rate that communication within departments is weak. One division rarely knew what was going on with another division even for the same project