Stericycle Reviews | Glassdoor

Stericycle Reviews

Updated August 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, minimal supervision and good benefits (in 24 reviews)

• They were a great company to work for, had great benefits and pay was competitive (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management showed favoritism (in 27 reviews)

• Employee Development, strict policy's on call center representatives (in 16 reviews)

"Over worked, under paid"

Current Employee - Sharps Service Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Sharps Service Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to create your schedule, typically off on the weekends, and great benefits

Cons

Long days, under staffed, under paid, no proper training, departments that affect your department are not held accountable, the culture is terrible. There is a high expectation for excellence while upper management has no idea how to operate day to day operations.

2. "Happy to work for Stericycle"

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive pay, work at home opportunities.

Cons

Employee Development, strict policy's on call center representatives.
    Not many remote opportunities for growth

Advice to Management

Work on development for team members; focus on management training. Roll out bonus plans, and conduct skip level meetings are important. Give more opportunity for remote people to grow. Have job descriptions identify if opportunities as remote . Allow agents to have more flexibility, perhaps we can leverage the attrition rate.

Jul 27, 2017 – Director of Culture and Communication

This is great feedback! Thank you so much. I am forwarding your feedback to the director of Learning and Development. So much of development comes from on-the-job experiences. Remote team members... More

3. "Manger"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stericycle provides a great place to develop, expand your knowledge base and advance your career if you are willing to put in the time and effort. I have been with the company for 9 years and worked on several different teams.

Stericycle has a very positive and team friendly environment.

The people are a joy to work with and make the life of "medical waste" as enjoyable as it can be.

The work life balance is exactly what you want it to be. You get out exactly what you want to get in.

Cons

Stericycle try to move at a rapid pace and you need to be prepared to keep up with the ever changing environment.

The biggest con for Stericycle is that too many team members have too many projects on their plate.

Advice to Management

More interaction with front line employees

Continue the investment in Culture and Communication.

Jul 27, 2017 – Director of Culture and Communication

What a great overview! Thank you so much for taking the time to share. The level of workload and priorities continues to be a subject of discussion with the leadership team so that we can continue... More

4. "It's getting better"

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new management is making a huge difference. The manager I have now is fair and shows no favoritism. Cares about you and at the same time cares about what needs to be done for the company. I am happier now. Gives opportunities. Management is listening.
    Benefits and pay are reasonable.

Cons

Not all but some of the employees with tenure tend to think that they are better than the rest and resist change. There is still some favoritism but not at the level that is was before. There is really nothing else.

Advice to Management

Keep checking on those that are afraid to speak up. Pay attention to detail of your people. Most are there because they have to be. Listen to them please. All they want is to be heard and be included.

Jul 27, 2017 – Director of Culture and Communication

I am glad to hear that positive changes are obvious in your location! We have some great leaders who do a great job balancing the company goals and the needs of the people. Change is very hard and... More

5. "Excellent Support from Team!"

Current Employee - Field Administrator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Field Administrator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love my job! Everyday I learn something new.
    Our Benefits are excellent!

Cons

The Building can take on a smell of it's own, thank goodness for Air Fresheners!

Advice to Management

Never stop giving compliments daily to the team! This is a morale booster.

Jul 27, 2017 – Director of Culture and Communication

It sure can! I remember my first time at a medical waste plant. It was so impressive to watch the entire process. It makes me so proud to work for this company. Thanks for your review! And keep... More

6. "Compliance Solutions Specialist (Sales)"

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Flexible Work Hours
    -Good benefits
    -Good Pay
    -Management cares about employees

Cons

-Little room to move up in the company
    -Negative connotation
    -Customers dislike the company

Aug 2, 2017 – Director of Culture and Communication

Thank you so much! If you have any ideas on how we can better develop and communicate growth opportunities, please email me at lara.morrow@stericycle.com. I am sorry to hear that customers you... More

7. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - CSSR in Bedford, TX
    Current Employee - CSSR in Bedford, TX

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Steady work. Great culture and true concern for employee happiness and engagement. My manager does her best to make sure that our work/life balance is exactly that, balanced! Good communication with me about how I am performing in my role. I understand our goals and how I help make them happen. Overall, this is a great company to work for and I would recommend it to any/all of my friends!

Cons

Sometimes getting a day off can be difficult, but that's life in a call center!

It sounds like you have a great manager and I love your passion! - Lara Morrow

8. "Awesome Benefits and Employee Centered Culture"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, chances for advancement, awesome benefits. This company is constantly changing things based on employee feedback to improve culture, work circumstances, and benefits. I've never worked somewhere that tried so hard to keep their employees happy.

Cons

We have a lot of remote locations, which allows our employees to work from home, but it also makes hiring and training difficult. We need to hire someone who lives near a site so they can train in office, and that minimizes our hiring pool and referral ability.

Though the constant changes are desirable and for the benefit of all, communication could improve. When plans change or employees are receiving conflicting/partial info, It reduces trust and confidence.

Advice to Management

Allow management to communicate better by giving them all of the facts, and refrain from changing the plan or guidelines mid-implementation. Make sure all HR reps, directors, and managers receive/relay the same information.

More support to remote locations in terms of culture and recognition tools.

Jul 19, 2017 – Director of Culture and Communication

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are currently working on toolkits for managers and recruiters to hire the best team members for our work at home environments. Communication regarding change... More

9. "From hell to heaven and back again over night"

Current Employee - Driver in Southampton, PA
    Current Employee - Driver in Southampton, PA

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay is about all that is good at this point.

Cons

1. A manager who makes back room deals with the union rep. to keep employees who should have been terminated twice or more for the same things.
    2. A manager who clears a employees record of any past infractions due to a deal with the union rep.
    3. A manager who never holds himself accountable
    4. manager who lies lies lies and more lies
    5., employees run the show at our facility not management.
    6. A manager that is always trying to work around the rules and regs instead of follow them
    7. a manager who was demoted but do to friendships with the CEO was quickly promoted back.
    8. no accountability anywhere
    9. No chance of promotion unless your a zombie yes man with no opinion and are willing to do whatever the manager says.
    10. unqaulified people in supervisory/management positions- there only there becuase they are yes men and bow to the top manager.
    11. unrealistic requests
    12. old outdated equipment
    13. threats of termination if you question manager
    14 any suggestions that make sense management takes the credit as their own.
    15. culture and atmosphere has gone down hill since this manager has been promoted back into his old position. Things were much much better and constantly improving when he was demoted and a different crew was running the show.
    16. Feeling of no hope for most who want to move up in the company has returned since this manager has been promoted back into his old position.
    many more things to list

Advice to Management

Get a life and stop using friendships to advance people who are wrong for the position. Clean up this district and get rid of the poor supervisors and manager who is pulling this district down again. All the advancements and improvements that were made by the other two guys when this manager was demoted has now been lost and we are now back to an even worse situation then before he was demoted. This district will never ever improve if this present manager is allowed to do what he is doing because he obviously has not learned from when he was demoted. He continues to do the same things over and over and expected a different result which will never happen. You guys had it right and on the right track when this manager was demoted and the other two guys were promoted.....things were so much better but thanks for leading us back to hell with this guy only because he has everyone fooled and he is friends with CEO. We could be so so much better but not with this guy at the helm. My gosh he cost the company of 3 good supervisors for gosh sakes.

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Stericycle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment and people are great

Cons

Salary is less than competitive

Advice to Management

To retain employees, should be paid a fair salary and decent raises

Jul 27, 2017 – Director of Culture and Communication

Thank you so much. The company is performing compensation analysis in Q3 and Q4 to make sure that we are competitive.