Stericycle "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Stericycle Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Aug 2, 2019

3.5
Stericycle President and CEO Cindy Miller
Cindy Miller
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Stericycle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay Great insurance Good communication Stay at home work Promotions

Cons

Lack of socialization Customers Lack of communication with upper management Online training At home expectations

Stericycle2019-06-18

"Great idea but wasting talent"

Current Employee - Manager-In-Training

I have been working at Stericycle full-time for more than a year

Pros

High pay. Opportunities to work with all walks of life can be very fulfilling. This position affords itself to much exposure in different areas of the business, namely: Transportation, Plant/Warehouse, Sales, and Continuous Improvement. MT's have the opportunity to gain a wealth of knowledge in supply chain and logistics as well as service. If you have a strong leader, you can gain a lot of knowledge about the business, as well as make connections within healthcare.

Cons

The basis of this program is to train young professionals into management role. Upper management is short changing the company by only allowing MT's to move into Supervisor roles - roles that do not require a college degree. The program is so sloppy and unorganized, with no clear path barring the MT attempting to stay aligned on their own, that most quit the program or just bounce around from project to project. If you are a fresh college graduate or have minimal experience, look elsewhere for a developmental program. There are multiple other companies that will develop you into a dynamic leader.

Advice to Management

Train MT's for Manager roles or HIGHER. Within 6 months of hiring, every MT could function as a high performing Supervisor. A 2 year program should take a Manager in Training into a Manager role, just like any other high level company. Otherwise make it 1/2 year program, and title it "Supervisor-in-training".

Stericycle2019-08-02

"Was better, getting worse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Stericycle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hours of operation are currently standard, but subject to change

Cons

Upper management are exactly that...People managers, not leaders. no interest in individuals, just bottom line. they are always working to "make it better", but better never comes.

Advice to Management

Put mores stock in your people, listen to low level management, convert strong temp earlier than later.

Stericycle2019-04-12

"I wish it was better"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Stericycle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are great people. So many loyal employees who really are good at their job. Teams are super supportive of each other and are genuinely interested in each others lives. They become good friends. The culture is relaxed which is a positive and negative. On one hand their is flexibility in regards to your schedule but not so much if youre in sales or not in corporate. Negatives to this are listed in "Cons" I wish I could say more positives as I lived my coworkers so much. All I can say is that if youre just starting to get into the corporate world, this may be a good place to start. The work can be frustrating, but the relaxed and social environment helps to ease you in from College life. Not to mention, since there is little automation you'll learn about your job from the ground up. Having moved onto a new company I appreciate that I have a deeper understanding as to why the job I do does things the way they do, rather than just being taught a system and thinking "thats just how it is".

Cons

Oh boy... Well the companies processes are really old. I mean that many things are still handled by paper and email only. Thats right, very little automation. Dont expect anything to move fast. It takes forever to get anything approved or get the ball rolling. Basically youre travelling back to the 90s/early 2k As mentioned prior, the environment is somewhat laid back. It allows for people to take adavantage and have wonky qork schedules that make it hard to collab sometimes. It also allows for A LOT of social loathing, but to be fair, I dont think anyone would be able to handle the amount of frustration they do without it. Unfortunately there are many loyal and hard working employees who have been there for years and havent seen an increase. So many of them want to leave and they are already passively looking for other companies. Youll be underpaid. That is a given working here. Dont expect a warm welcome here. There is no welcome package. If youre lucky your manager might take you out to lunch as a welcome because they seem to care more about bringing in an employee the right way than upper management does. Let me make this clear, this is not an HR problem. These issues have been brought up so many times, but there has never been any focus or approval to do anything to fix it. Even HR wants to leave.

Advice to Management

Please for the love of god stop treating your loyal employees like crap. I loved my coworkers and it sucked knowing they were unhappy and underpaid. Your sales employees are MISERABLE. Ridiculous that you havent enacted any programs to improve employee turnover there. I honestly feel bad for them.

Stericycle2019-03-11

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Miami, FL

I worked at Stericycle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are very well. Cant complain about the health/ dental benefits. You also get a change to buy stocks and 401k after six months.

Cons

Upper management is nasty and will throw anyone under the bus just so they do not look bad. Sexist company and not ashamed to tell the employee to their face.

Advice to Management

Hire new managers that's not hiding money in one account and transferring into another. (wonder why the books look balanced and when the books look low, all of a sudden money comes out of the blue bringing the figures back up again)

Stericycle2019-03-27

"Atrocious"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Stericycle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Other getting to meet and work alongside some good people there really is nothing positive to say about this company.

Cons

Base pay Commission pay Constantly changing Comp Plan (8 comp plan changes over 2 years) Horrible Upper Management Unethical Practices toward employees and customers Lacking any moral compass when it comes to their employees

Advice to Management

Start Hiring because you definitely don't value you seasoned and veteran reps that have weathered the storms that you brought in to yourselves. If you bothered take a second to look around at what your "culture" has created you would notice that it's only lead to more empty seats on the sales floor than I can ever remember and there will be many more of those holes to fill much sooner than you realize.

Stericycle2019-03-07

"Once great, now failing."

Current Employee - Client Relations Specialist in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Stericycle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, Co-worker Relationships in office.

Cons

Trainwreck of a company. Not sure how we sustain, a lot of hard workers who want to make a difference with upper management that does not want to do the right thing. They do not hold themselves accountable and make decisions based on quick decisions, not well thought out planning. No work life balance.

Advice to Management

Slow down on making changes and listen to your people on what works and what doesn’t. More people doesn’t mean positive changes. Stop hiring so many people and start changing. Also, start hiring management that knows the business.

Stericycle2019-01-04
  8. "Pays the bills"

I have been working at Stericycle full-time

Pros

Decent work life balance and compensation.

Cons

Lack of transparency by upper management

Stericycle2018-08-04

"research this company"

Former Employee - Service Technician in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Stericycle full-time for less than a year

Pros

you get $12.00 hr and you work full time

Cons

bad is the manger are ill equipped to to be mangers I passed out at at hospital that I was service I was taken to the ER to what was wrong with me the ER doctor gave 3 day but my manger did not give me the days off and my manger acquired my medical records and use them against me I contact EEOC and told them my situation and with a year my manger and upper management were fired and it took me a year and half to get back my mileage and the money I spent for supplies I brought for job I need to do co works are a pain

Advice to Management

teach or train management

Stericycle2018-03-10
  10. "Account Manager"

I worked at Stericycle full-time

Pros

Some of the people are great

Cons

Treatment of employees is poor; not honest with customers; upper management doesn't have a clue; no work/life balance; to many threats; employees leaving, not replacing

Stericycle2018-01-17