Steritech Reviews | Glassdoor

Steritech Reviews

Updated July 30, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Create your own schedule, company vehicle you take home daily (in 21 reviews)

• Very independent work, lots of at work home, get to create a flexible schedule, holidays off, great benefits (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance is almost non-exsistant (in 12 reviews)

• some days long hours and no breaks (in 12 reviews)

"Not the company that it use to be after rentokil took over"

Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist
    Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to write your own schedule

Cons

The pay is very low, the company switch the hourly in 2017 and now the average pay starts out between $16.50 an hour to $17 an hour. The company cracks down very hard on overtime and they have since gotten rid of the bonus program. If you're looking to make any money above $41,000 a year you will need to go look somewhere else for work.

The company will sell you an amazing line of how there is plenty of opportunity for growth. The real issue is though those opportunities are all based on a popularity contest. Becoming eligible for any form of promotion can take years and will all be based on whether or not your supervisor deems you worthy.

There is also a lot of dishonesty within the company. I have heard stories of specialists giving clients great scores and then going out to the bars afterwards and getting free drinks from the people they gave those great scores to. Not to mention the company works off of a system that grade you against all of the other specialists to see if you are being tough enough on the clients and many times specialist will just dig to keep their scores up. This is the type of atmosphere you will have to enjoy working for this company while making very little pay.

Advice to Management

You used to watch out for your employees until you became Rentokil and since that time now you just look out for your investors. I personally thank all of you should be ashamed of yourselves. All of you are sellouts and I think it's horrible the way you treat your employees. Go back to the beginning to what major great when you actually took care of your employees and maybe you'll see a difference.

"Stressful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Steritech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work by yourself...pay is decent..thats all. Ummmmmmm thats about it....no other thing i can say

Cons

Last minute changes, no life....The Richmond branch sucks. They dont care about there employees. No support in the field until a customer has a problem then your the worst tech in the world. MANAGEMENT SUCKS! Management shows favoritism. You never get your chemicals on time. THE VIRGINIA BEACH AREA SUCKS! Them guys over there never has help, i asked to help them out once and they said the "black guys" over there can handle it..sounds racist to me. They have one guy going from Carolina to Virginia and he screams out he cant handle it and they ignore him. Im glad I quit.

Advice to Management

Try to fit in our shoes!!! If you have specialist that are leaving or quitting maybe its not the specialist!#!

"Quality Management Specialist"

Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company car, flexible scheduling. Support at the district level is excellent. Frequent travel opportunities. Free CP-FS credential. Guarenteed overtime pay each week under new federal law changes. Daily and weekly diversity. Paid for drive-time now.

Cons

Bumpy year with the acquisition. High turnover resulting in long weeks of work with too much travel, causing additional turnover. Last minute changes in schedules around the holidays asking people to not take vacation.

4. "Great people and learning opportunity"

Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Regional Account Executive in Tuscaloosa, AL

I worked at Steritech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful people and top-notch training. Everyone there truly cared about the customers and did everything in their power to delivery on their promises.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, company was sold by the owner-that is why I left.

Advice to Management

None-it has all been restructured since my departure

"I liked working here before it became Rentokil"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Steritech full-time

Pros

Coworkers are very supportive. Great commraderie. Direct supervisor looked out for his people.

Cons

Management is changing. Lot of growth in a short time is difficult to manage.

Advice to Management

Rember your people are your greatest assets. Take care of them.

"Specialist"

I have been working at Steritech full-time

Pros

you make your own schedule

Cons

very few vertical movement opportunities

"Lies and broken promises"

Former Employee - Service Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Service Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Steritech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company vehicle company phone your own work schedule at times ongoing training working your own hours and company paid uniforms

Cons

Underpaid overworked no social life ever The company promise you the sun and the moon but never deliver on the promises management it's corrupt no room for advancement under paid been with the company 6 years nothing has changed putting people in place that don't belong there bad management to say is top^of the cons They cut back overtime cut out production bonuses so basically you're working a 40 hour week but it seems like you're putting in 80 hours to run you into the ground like a plow Horse stay away from this company at all cost is much better out there

Advice to Management

Appreciate the work and talent that the technicians put forth for the company don't make promises you can't keep I don't think just because your management that you're better than the service technicians.

"It used to be a great company"

Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Southeast Owasco, NY
    Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Southeast Owasco, NY

I worked at Steritech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Independence, some autonomy. Average benefits for a company of its size

Cons

Everything Has Changed. We used to deliver a technically accurate and rigorous assessment. Not anymore. Since the acquisition, culture has changed. It is very impersonal. Worst of all, the new company has taken what was a professional position with extensive training and professional credentialing, and reduced it to a blue-collar, hourly position. In doing so, they changed everyone's pay rate. Now, if you work at least 5 hours of overtime every week, you can still make the same amount of money. But, your base pay has still changed. Everything in this world is based upon your base pay. Car loans, mortgages, everything. There are so many other arguments against what was done. The position used to be something to be proud of. The company used to be a phenomenal place to work. The pay was never that great to begin with. However, until the acquisition, the benefits far outweigh the negatives. Not anymore

Advice to Management

I think it's too late for advice to management. Steritech has been sucked into the big machine otherwise known as Rentokil. What used to be steritech is gone. It's tragic and sad

"Company cuts pay from salary to a reduced hourly pay!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job. The world is changing. Used to be many. Most importantly you felt appreciated and treated and valued as a peer.

Cons

Over the years it has been all takes and no gives. Benefits that used to be part of you salary are no more. Paid medical now cost the average single employee over $200.00. This use to be 100% paid. Your annual salary has now been converted into a reduced hourly wage to compensate for 5 hours of overtime per week. If you were earning a salary of $30,
    000.00 per year for 40 hours, approximately $577 per week or $14.42 per hour, your new hourly wage would be the $12.15 hr. or a salary of 486.00 per week unless you work over time of 5 hours and receive over time pay of $18.22 to bring you back to your original salary of $577.00 per week. At the very least a person making $30,000 for 40 hour week will now be earning $25,272.00 a year for 40 hours, a reduction of $4,728.00 a year. Over time hours are the key. Now if you work more than the 5 hours of OT, you need permission from your district manager or be written up.
    The bonus incentive plan will be revised. I'm sure it will not be worth the paper it's printed on.

Advice to Management

You place the blame on the law which is supposed to protect workers and yet you see it as an opportunity to take advantage of the law and your employees by lowering their pay and making them work harder for less money. Good for company profits in the short term, for labor costs, but I see sales profits plummeting. You can't have high profit earnings while having low moral and no incentives to complete client demands. You can't have it both ways or can you? We all want Steritech to be profitable, but we do not want to financially pay the consequences. We need to be compensated. Its not just about the shareholders, but it's about the one's that are depending on their mothers, fathers and spouses to help pay the mortgage, utilities and food they provide. No one is asking for more, we are just asking that you stop taking away from our benefits and earnings while the company continues to make millions and billions of dollars each year.

"Stop screwing over your staff"

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are no more pros. New company has taken any the few pros that we had before the sale. Run far away from this company!!!!! Still some good middle managers.

Cons

Taking away company vehicles without properly compensating those losing the vehicles. This added burden to employees families will cause even more turnover than the record turnover that is already occurring. This action equates to a pay cut!

Advice to Management

Stop compensating and hiring VP's that only add to the expense and take from the people to take care of the clients and I don't just mean just the specialists. There are many people who service the clients. Give them more support and stop screwing them over!