Steritech Reviews | Glassdoor

Steritech Reviews

Updated December 20, 2016

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Create your own schedule, company vehicle you take home daily (in 21 reviews)

• Gas Card; Pay is better than average for Companies in the same Field (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance to speak of (in 11 reviews)

• some days long hours and no breaks (in 12 reviews)

"No Quality of Life a Company that has Lost it's Direction"

Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Columbus, OH

I worked at Steritech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get to create your own schedule. Good medical benefits. Company car.

Cons

Too much travel that you don't get paid for. Required training, scheduling, and accounting that you don't get paid for. Too many restrictions on your schedule, too demanding, no work home life balance. Not what you do but more of a "who you know company" to progress. Lack of communication from Senior Leadership.

Advice to Management

Get back in touch and be realistic with your people in the field. Do what you say your going to do.

"Sack up or get out"

Current Employee - Pest Control Service Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pest Control Service Specialist in Houston, TX

Pros

A company that actually takes care of the entry level employee, to the point of losing clients to protect their assets. Vehicle, flexible hours, amazing benifits and management team that understands that they are still learning the industry. Great training program and an environment that promotes teamwork.

Cons

Every con that I have read on this site has been the same crying you hear at every company in this particular industry. Sack up or move on, there's no room for that type of technician in any pest company.

Advice to Management

Trust your gut, cut ties with those certain employees that are making the rest of our lives harder. All you are doing is causing your self more stress and your team will burn out covering their responsibilities. As a part of the "me, me, me gen", I can say that if you are like that move on.

"Many changes, not for the better"

Pros

Flexible schedule, company car, decent benefits, PTO, Christmas savings plan

Cons

Regular output of 12-16 hour days, no compensation for driving time, inexperienced management team, poor communication from management team, punitive feedback and action plans for employees when a simple conversation would do

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your staff about what the company is going to implement when asked direct questions; your employees are highly intelligent people and you should treat them like they are instead of acting like people are idiots and will never figure out what's really going on. Please stop requiring employees to attend team dinners/breakfasts. If we want to socialize with one another we will do so on our own accord.

"Quality Management Specialist ( QMS )"

Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Steritech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company car, living wage, great camaraderie with lateral employees. Onboarding process and equipment issue very well structured and paints a very rosy picture of the disappointments to come. Solo accommodations and group dinners to establish cohesiveness were nice. Lot's of warm and fuzzies the first month or so.

Cons

Once they have baited the hook during the initial couple of weeks hang on, cuz things are going to be changing. Geographic territories are unreasonably large which results in much uncompensated time. The company culture is to groom management from within ( up to the grey ceiling ) creating manager droids to manage the revenue producing droids. The company absolutely loves titles and job titles change frequently. If someone fails in a particular area ( ie. management ) they are placed in a different role with another title. ( SEE Peter Principle ) Talking points and corporate speak are the word of the day.

Advice to Management

The company did a complete 180 since my hire when it completely changed focus from the high end professional auditing to fast food restaurant inspections I was done. We used to provide a service of high value to customers at some very prestigious brands. Despite the numerous attempts to re-brand Steritech, it remains quite the dysfunctional circus. Please focus on your field personnel and their well being. Long hours and excessive driving can be dangerous.

"Biss"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

None at all to be found

Cons

Travel too much of the time

Advice to Management

Quit telling benefits increase and quality of life goes up it doesnt

7. "Quality Specialist"

I have been working at Steritech full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, newer model company car, paid holidays, very good bosses, traveling, independence, and allows you to grow as an individual.

Cons

Long hours with drive time

"Stepping stone"

Pros

You get a company car.....

Cons

No ladder to climb.
    Lots of drama.
    You conduct an audit, than you give them a survey in which your judged. Huge conflict of interest.
    Employment here is used to jump ship to a client that will pay you more money.

Advice to Management

Aquire some new contracts.

"Excellent Company"

Current Employee - QMS
    Current Employee - QMS

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your get a nice car that you dont pay for or need to pay for gas that you can use while not working. The pay and bonus structure is decent. You do get to write your own schedule you can work hard or do the minimum. So, for the other reviewers complaining about busy schedules well you create work.

The Benefits are nice and honestly the travel is not that bad. The management team has always shown general concern for my career development.

Cons

Writing schedules can get a little challenging with client dates.

Company standard s are very very high and it can be challenging to achive "above expectations" reviews. But it is reasonably attainable.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging the team with positive and strong information

"ok"

Pros

Able to make your own schedule

Cons

not enough work, lots of time spent on the road

"One month in"

I have been working at Steritech full-time

Pros

Incredibly friendly and supportive atmosphere. Everyone is busy but no one will make you feel guilty for asking for something.

Cons

It is an incredibly busy environment and if you are not a self starter it is not the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing. I hope my position can turn into a career because I believe this is an excellent opportunity.