Steritech Reviews | Glassdoor

Steritech Reviews

Updated December 20, 2016

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Create your own schedule, company vehicle you take home daily (in 21 reviews)

• Gas Card; Pay is better than average for Companies in the same Field (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance to speak of (in 11 reviews)

• some days long hours and no breaks (in 12 reviews)

1. "Decent company"

I have been working at Steritech full-time

Pros

Company vehicle to take home
    Excellent benefits for worker
    Great pay and incentive package

Cons

high stress level
    Micro management
    No customer service skills

Advice to Management

Specialist should be able to use different methods of needed. Managements way of doing things is not always correct.

"Service Specialist"

Former Employee - Service Specialist
    Former Employee - Service Specialist

I worked at Steritech full-time

Pros

Fair pay and you set your own schedule, for the most part. Decent benefits.

Cons

I think that, overall, it could be a good company to work for. A huge determining factor is the management quality of the branch. I found mine to be poorly managed with woefully inadequate training, communication and planning which does a disservice to the employee and, most importantly, the customer.

Expect longer work weeks than told with some family time spent on work related issues, almost daily. My days were much longer than expected due, in part, to the distance between some accounts, which negatively affects income. Overtime is deducted from the monthly bonus, and some travel time is unpaid. My average was over an hour per day. When I inquired about it I never received a straight answer.

Even though I set my own schedule, it changed almost daily due to issues beyond my control. I was not told about being required to respond to a customer's call within two hours, 24/7, and that no pay would be received for that service, in most cases.

Do yourself a favor and don't ignore the red flags, like I did from day one. If I had it to do over again I would definitely go with something else.

"Specialist"

Pros

Benefits, 401k, pay is adequate for position(s) - provided with tools to do the job (material); yearly reviews somewhat fair; hear verbal praise when you go over and beyond, but then that's expected. Work environment is comfortable most of the time (clean) - moral OK, needs improvement. Holiday functions enjoyable.

Cons

Lack of transparency is the biggest issue!! Praise from management conditional upon keeping mouth shut, and doing as told. When there's employee concerns, need to keep those concerns private; need to strongly recommend managers learn people skills, believe what they say to employees, and not just be a mouth piece! Be clear and honest about being transparent, and not because it sounds good in a speech!

Advice to Management

Learn how to be manage people better! Truly embrace transparency, in order to keep/hire good employees - less talk more action! Practice what is preached!

"Must be a workaholic"

I worked at Steritech full-time

Pros

Annual company meeting and training is a great way to network and meet other employees from all parts of North America.

Cons

Your days are crammed with several visits to different accounts and travel time is not taken into consideration.

Advice to Management

Realize that traffic and travel time should bE incorporated into schedules.

"Would not recomend"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Steritech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's better than unemployment !

Cons

Long days , early starts, work week ends, poor management , bad reviews, no decent raises , work thrown on you at the last minute especially at the end of the month.

Advice to Management

Hire someone who knows how to treat people fairly and reward them for what they do right, not rub their nose in what they do wrong . We all make mistakes, it's a part of our growing, including management. Stop nit picking , stop taking incentives away , your cutting your nose off to spite your face.

"Service Specialist"

Former Employee - Pest Control Service Specialist in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Pest Control Service Specialist in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Steritech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, company truck with fuel card. You make your own schedule.Being able to make your own schedule makes it easy to fit in your PTO. Good paid training. I had no idea of pest prevention before I started but I was a professional in no time. Able to travel to help out other techs in different states if you want. This was an overall excellent experience. I quit because I moved out of state.

Cons

Always on call at my branch but you can usually put off your customer until at least the next morning. This is absolutely not a job for a single parent due to usually very early morning or late hours and being on call.

Advice to Management

Having a Tech for on-calls would be great.

8. "Steritech"

Pros

Provided quality equipment to properly do job.

Cons

Many changes currently taking place.

"QMS"

Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Company car (including gas and insurance)

Cons

Long working hours and no additional compensation or reward for working longer hours. Many nights and weekends are required.

Advice to Management

Pay according to the hours worked

10. "Long Hours"

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, fun work environments.

Cons

Always on the road, solitude, 14+ hour days at some points

"No work life balance"

Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist (Food Safety)
    Current Employee - Quality Management Specialist (Food Safety)

I have been working at Steritech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Form great partnerships with store managers that you work with.

Cons

Travel way too much.. They say to expect 25% to 50% during the interview but most months you'll be lucky if you get to spend one week at home. Traveling is expected from management and you do not get to select where you travel to. Weeks of travel are filled with driving so even if you do surprisingly get a trip to an area that you enjoy don't expect to go sightseeing. You'll spend the majority of your time in your car and get to your hotel late at night.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to have specialists stay home more. Trying to have any sort of life while employed at this company is impossible. We're forced to miss valuable time with family and friends.