Sterling Computers Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jean Marie Moore

1. "It is challenging, and fun we are always learning something new!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, NE

Pros

It is a very relaxed environment. Everyone is so friendly, and willing to help you with any problems you are having.

Cons

Things change so quickly that sometimes it is overwhelming, but that is how the business goes. You have to adapt to succeed.

"Thankful"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bellevue, NE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bellevue, NE

Pros

Ability to move up
    Training
    Great management
    Enjoyable work environment
    Sterling invests in their employees
    Supportive management
    Family first mentality

Cons

The medical benefits are not good

Advice to Management

I love working here!

3. "I am a part of a company on the brink of ten fold growth that will embrace my talents to get us there."

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Norfolk, NE
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Norfolk, NE

Pros

-Opportunities to grow professionally in a direction that is specific to my strengths and interests
    -Policies and management personalities facilitate a work/life balance
    -Enjoyable corporate culture
    -Good benefits
    -Small company values with a big company business plan

Cons

-Company knowledge. I would like to understand what people within Sterling do so that I can have a better grasp on who we are in order to contribute to where we can go. Perhaps a more indepth training on Sterling and the Industry upon hiring would be beneficial to those not previously in this industry.

Advice to Management

In the short time I have worked here I have seen growth and development in key areas and am glad to be a part of this innovative company. I look forward to the opportunites in store for the future.

My suggestion (in addition to company knowledge mentioned above) is to have clearer communication about relevant company changes. I am thinking of things like the outbound marketing team transitioning to sales assistants. Even though it did not have a huge impact on my work flow it did made for an akward environment of transition that fostered gossip, and as someone who avoids gossip, I still do not know what happened other then that one day we had an outbound marketing team and the next we didn't. Definitely not a major thing.

5. "My exp. at Sterling Computers has been great due to their excellent career & training opportunities and great people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Excellent career opportunities, great free and paid trainings which comes highly encouraged, competitive salary and benefits, and great people to work with,

Cons

No satellite offices in DC Metro yet. I prefer to have the option of working in an office during the week when not on a project but unfortunately, we don't have an office in DC Metro yet. But its coming soon!

"The people at Sterling make this a great company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

Pros

The management staff, from mid- to senior-level encourage professional, as well as personal, growth. They build a culture of excellence across all aspects of the company, from human resources to sales and consulting solutions.

Cons

Because Sterling is a small company, its benefits package does not compare to that of larger companies. While it offers competitive life insurance and leave packages, Sterling's health insurance plan costs about as much as private insurance.

7. "Sterling Computers"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Sterling Computers Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Actively submits candidates for opportunities where skill sets are a great match and compensation levels are above average. Highly recommended.

Cons

Possibly being a bit more proactive in personal communications with employees when working in a remote location. Otherwise really no complaints.

Advice to Management

Perhaps schedule face-to-face meetings more often when time permits to interact with employees in out of state locations.

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, NE
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, NE

I have been working at Sterling Computers Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruiter, Project Manager, HR, and others are great people. They are very helpful and easy to talk to. Great benefits best as I can tell. 15 PTO plus 6 federal holidays. Good salary.

Cons

Really none. I do not know what the going rate for employee health insurance, but I feel its high.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!!!

9. "Great team"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Sterling Computers Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Friendly people, hardworking, collaborative environment that acknowledges and rewards success from the top down.

Cons

A fast growing company knows it needs to address policy and process maturity

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work include the incoming professional staff, diversify experience, and embrace new ideas

10. "Sales Opportunities"

Pros

Excellent infrastructure for sales growth.

Cons

There are literally no cons at this company.

"There has been a huge amount of growth and change, which has brought more opportunity within my position."

Pros

I enjoy the diversity in my projects, along with the professional growth that I’ve experienced. Also, the family oriented, laid back environment.

Cons

Sometimes the communication is inconsistent.

Advice to Management

Communication enables Success! The more we know about your vision and expectations, the better we do.