SterlingBackcheck Developer Reviews | Glassdoor

Developer

5.0
Clare Hart

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work/life balance expectations have been improving with addition of Clare to EC (in 7 reviews)

• Nice place to work, nice people, great CEO and Chairman (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • There is absolutely no work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Also more two-way flexibility is needed in terms of work life balance (in 9 reviews)

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Marietta, GA

I have been working at SterlingBackcheck full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with latest technology. Great Management.

Cons

Not really a con but need to promote hard-working individuals.

Advice to Management

Need to promote hard-work.

"Happy Work Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SterlingBackcheck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has great atmosphere. Many great people and upgrades are being made on technologies / innovative frameworks.

Cons

we are running out of space!

"6 years with sterling family a great work place"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at SterlingBackcheck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can understand the Pros based on my explanation:

Its my great pleasure to talk about my company sterling infosystems , I came to this company 6 years back , in fact I am the first guy in the software development in Mumbai.
    I usually don’t write any thing in forms but after seen earlier reviews, I wanted to write bit on my company. Seriously I am getting laugh on the people who shown their frustration on company and on their mangers.

Those people who gave negative feed back after 1-3 years - I could ask only few Question to them.. “why do you stayed so long if you thought company is bad - why it took 1 – 3 years to realize.?” . Last year we have integrated more than 100 client. If company is bad who will want our services, if company is bad why rest of the people stayed back and working for years.
    In My sense people who gave negative feed back were failure cases, today they might work some where else , but I am sure they will post same type of comments on their current company after they switch to other company. Problem is not with the company problem with them self.
    In every companies there will be good and bad because companies made up of people,we are one in that . As company growing there are many changes that took places like new technologies, new security policies, acquired new offices across the globe, new thinking, hired new skilled managers , in total sterling looking for new life styles .
    This is a stepping stone for success for any company, every one should consider this as an opportunity to grow along with company. Currently this company is second largest background verification company? . “When people don't know how to recognize opportunity, they complain of noise when it knocks” that is what happened with the people who left the organization and given negative feedback. There are many more we can see in this company apart from work

* Good game room ( few to list TT, pool, billiards, carrom, chess, puzzles etc.) Vedio games with latest games available,

* 24/5 Canteen facility, Customized food available.

* Conducts cultural activities & Games competition which give new energy and refreshment apart from work.

* IT team work round the clock, if any issues comes they resolve in minutes.

* Celebrate every festival

* Annual financial update is transparency to every one.

* Health checks for sterling employees monthly

* Conducted yoga classes.

* weekly twice doctor visit to Sterling, treat or suggestion are free.

* Conduct security audits and explain how to secure our systems and private. public data.

* IT developed many tools which automate and get sensitive data up on candidates details ( Drug, criminal, fake employees etc in seconds)

* Sterling work on their own products hence no tension on Job security, there will be always work which give more strength and carriage.

* Every month there will be Internal job openings so that people can grow along with company.

* Use latest technologies and best design patterns which help to keep the application more secure.

* People are very kind and helpful, when some thing goes wrong there were always people supporting us , Its a team work.

Cons

As the company expanded globally - Sterling looking for people who can work in night shifts. so that team can support the application round the clock, some of our team divided into 2 parts ( regular shift and night shift) so on shift rota we are supporting the application, I feel working night is kind of Cons, but otherwise they give good per diem for those who come in night shift.