Sterlite Software USA Reviews | Glassdoor

Sterlite Software USA Reviews

Updated 5 Jan 2019

Found 7 reviews

2.5
Sterlite Software USA CEO Asheesh Seth (no image)
Asheesh Seth
  1. "Former Employee"

I worked at Sterlite Software USA

Pros

Sterlite Software has been one of the best places/company that I have worked for. They were very attentive to my needs. From the owner of the company to the Account Rep to the accounting/payroll. They were all very helpful. Great company....I would work for them anytime.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

No Advice, keep up the good work!

Sterlite Software USA2014-04-28
  2. "Great software consulting company"

Former Contractor - Senior Program Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Sterlite Software USA for more than 5 years

Pros

Paid on time; Paycheck is posted to bank on time, can work from home if necessary

Cons

Challenging working environment .. It is good

Advice to Management

Good Job

Sterlite Software USA2014-08-27
  3. "Worried more about their pockets than employees."

I worked at Sterlite Software USA

Pros

At least the checks never bounced. There was a/c sometimes. Water cooler was cold.

Cons

Ownership out of touch and has no understanding of business. Positive below review was staged by CEO himself. They actively try and find ways to squeeze money out of clients by trumping up all proposals and adding in bogus charges. Pretty sure there were other unsavory practices. Ownership manages through strong arming and screen peeping because they are paranoid. Offer exactly zero benefits. Its 2014 and they still... don't have direct deposit. How can a tech company not embrace technology?

Advice to Management

Call it quits or get real. Maybe start doing some damage control from your horrible reputation. If your earnings are dropping like I suspect, look n the mirror and at your business practices.

Sterlite Software USA2014-07-10

"Only care about taking customer money, not solving customer problems"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Oak Park, IL

I worked at Sterlite Software USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

You got a paycheck every two weeks and the former CEO was a fair person, understood business, and listened. I think he's still there. The son runs the company now. It was not a bad place for a short period of time.

Cons

Seven people (4 executvies) working over a popcorn shop staffing from India. The company was never focused and listened to them talk about changing direction every day trying to figure ways to overcharge for consultant staffing and create web sites used to make people think they do more than staffing. I still know people there and things have not changed. e-commerce is just a new web page with staffing behind it.

Advice to Management

Don't keep telling customers things have changed and make up stories. Make the office decor more professional, with modern bathrooms.

Sterlite Software USA2014-03-12

"Highly dissatisfied with the work culture. Not at all professional."

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Sterlite Software USA

Pros

Other than fix working hours nothing much to say about it. Very laid back culture.

Cons

No one is allowed to act freely without the owners permission. The owner of the company does not entertain any input form the employees not does he trusts anyone. They have hardly any clients to staff people for... Sales department is at its worst.... The company provides no benefits at all. No 401 K, no medicare or dental coverage. Also, there is no opportunity to grow or progress in your career. And forget about... the annual raises or increment.

Sterlite Software USA2013-04-29

"Poorly managed, no direction, sweatshop (NO! I am NOT a disgruntled employee!)"

Former Employee - Director of Recruitment Operations in Oak Park, IL

I worked at Sterlite Software USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

There a few very talented people there...IF they are still there. I was the Director of Recruitment Operations and trained some very good people. All of us left the organization.

Cons

The owner is a micromanager ... The company has no direction... The owner sits in his office and screams at people for printing or copying. Everyone sits right next to each other with no privacy...the restroom is in the middle of the cubicles so everyone hears your business... if anyone leaves to grab a cup of coffee, he monitors the time and then yells at you in front of everyone because there is instant coffee and... a water machine w/hot water which he wants us to use... no one can speak to each other because that means we're getting paid to "chat" and the owner Vic Seth points that out DAILY... etc etc etc...

Advice to Management

Decide on the company's direction and core service offerings... stop micro-managing...treat your employees with respect, they are professionals and can manage themselves...stop "bottom-feeding" because you now have a bad reputation in the industry... The name Sterlite SOftware doesn't even describe the company. There is NO software development going on, It's strictly staff augmentation, at the lowest levels...bottom... feeders... sad.

Sterlite Software USA2012-10-25
  7. "software devloper"

I worked at Sterlite Software USA

Pros

good environment for learning and growth

Cons

nothing like con but less number of vacation

Sterlite Software USA2019-01-05