Steven Madden Sales Lead Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 2 reviews

2.9
Steven Madden CEO Ed Rosenfeld
Ed Rosenfeld
  1. "Overall, Pretty good Job"

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Wayne, NJ

I worked at Steven Madden full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Discount is 50% off shoes. The shoes were cute and most were comfortable. I really enjoyed expressing my creativity, because of the unique shoes. Also, it was pretty easy to get promoted. Just do what you have to do, go to all your shifts, and sell. -Flexible Hours

Cons

Pay is very little for all the hard work, especially during holidays. I believe Sales Associates start at minimum wage and Sales Lead starts at $10-11. The commission is very low as well. 1-5% commission on women and men shoes. Also, management was quite unprofessional and very little to none of the training. -Will either overwork you or not give you any hours.

Advice to Management

Better training. Better pay/commission.

Steven Madden2019-02-11
  2. "Not worth the headache"

Current Employee - Sales Lead

I have been working at Steven Madden full-time

Pros

Discount is good, you get 50% off regular priced items. Capped at $2000, but they take off regular price. So really it's $1000 worth of product.

Cons

Management is irrational and flips depending on the day. Monday: use more hours... Friday and Saturday cut hours you used to many when you used the exact amount you were told to use.

Advice to Management

Don't do single openings or closes. You're asking people to steal from you. And then it is somehow the person whom is working fault for going in the back to get a shoe.

Steven Madden2017-01-17