Stevens-Henager College Reviews | Glassdoor

Eric Juhlin

"SHC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good support for students. HR is very good at resolving issues

Cons

Salaried employees are required to work too many hours from morning until late in the evening.

Advice to Management

None

Stevens-Henager College2015-11-02
  2. "IT Specialist"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College part-time for less than a year

Pros

work with schooling schedule, good pay

Cons

sometimes other employees are demanding even during classtime

Stevens-Henager College2015-05-23
  3. "Engaging and rewarding work, with great perks."

Current Employee - Administrative in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for Stevens-Henager College for over five years. This school values people. They value their employees, and their students. I've seen so many people come through our doors looking to change their lives, and through education and the support of others, they do it! What a rewarding place to work. The programs are cutting edge, and are designed for what people want out of it: a good job. The... compensation is on point, and so are the holiday and vacation benefits.

Cons

I would like more training opportunities. We do have trainings but most are offered though holding regular conference calls for a variety of topics (maybe with a PowerPoint tossed in ), but it's not the same as some hard-core training; especially with tough topics like VA education benefits, etc. These calls just feel more like meetings.

Advice to Management

I respect the leadership in the company. I love the opportunities for professional development. I think the benefits are great: paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and the health and 401K benefits are OK. I would invest more into hands-on technical training opportunities for all employees (not just admissions).

Stevens-Henager College2015-02-25

"Loved it"

Former Employee - Admissions Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Stevens-Henager College full-time

Pros

Great Management, I was impressed by how they showed appreciation for their employees.

Cons

Pay was average, but not unreasonable.

Stevens-Henager College2014-10-02
  5. "Rewarding and Fulfilling Work Environment"

Current Employee - Director in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been with Stevens-Henager College for over 9 years. I feel like management truly cares about their employees' happiness and accomplishments. Hard work and positive results are always rewarded. I worked my way up from a very entry level position to a Director position. Even as an entry level employee, I always felt that my opinions were valued. It's been my experience that they nurture great employees to help... them move up and achieve their goals. Everyone on campus does their best to make sure employees and students have a great experience.

Cons

There could be more effective communication between campuses to share ideas.

Advice to Management

Continue showing employees they are valued. Words of encouragement and well deserved praise go a long way.

Stevens-Henager College2014-07-24
  6. "Relaxed yet professional, great benefits and helpful management"

Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College full-time for less than a year

Pros

Full benefits after 90 days, recruiting is very pleasant and kinda and informative, streamlined hiring process, great atmosphere balancing relaxed yet a professional air. Nobody micromanages, you get answers to questions and get to be self-driven and self-motivated mostly.

Cons

Dress code is a business which is rougher for a jeans-loving comfort-seeking girl like me, but it also makes you feel like you're going to work, and not just going shopping on a weekend. It's really quiet, so the social aspect isn't really there.

Stevens-Henager College2014-01-15
  7. "I love studying at this college and they have the best caring professors around."

Current Employee - Student in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am not sure about working there as I live miles away but the people that I do know that work there are wonderful.

Cons

Some professors seem to really don't care and rush us through our 4 week Module.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say

Stevens-Henager College2012-10-13
  8. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College for less than a year

Pros

Performance goals clear, great training and support, nice co-workers

Cons

Have not see any yet

Stevens-Henager College2012-11-06
  9. "Good Job"

Former Employee - Financial Planner

I worked at Stevens-Henager College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As long as you do your job there is low pressure. Learn universal professional skills. High ethics. See students earn a degree that they may otherwise never earn at another school (due to the amount of attention and care they get while in school) Educational benefits for you and family. Had great mgmt who cared about me and the customer. Received help when needed. I believe this is a great place to start your career.... It can also provide long term advancement if that’s what you want.

Cons

Cost of education is high in comparaison to local schools. This made some prospective students turn away and current students become upset. Over time this affects your mental state. Uncertainty around the future success of the school due to the department of education scrutiny.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Stevens-Henager College2019-03-22
  10. "Adjunct Professor"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Boise, ID

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College part-time for less than a year

Pros

Accelerated schedule. Small class sizes. Involved management.

Cons

Student work ethic. Micro management.

Stevens-Henager College2018-11-16