Stevens-Henager College Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 92 reviews

3.4
Stevens-Henager College CEO Eric Juhlin
Eric Juhlin
  1. "Positive environment woring with adult learners"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I worked at Stevens-Henager College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Teaching and sharing my experiences with adult learners who are motivated to learn a new skill and re-enter the workforce with a skill that is in demand in their industry.

Cons

High tuition costs for students entering the workforce at an entry level position. It will take them decades to pay off their debt at the rate they are being compensated for the education.

Advice to Management

Pre-screen applicants to careers that they are most appropriate to the industry. Have guidance counselors available to discuss varied opportunities in education.

Stevens-Henager College2015-05-07

"Receptionist"

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College

Pros

Good amount of vacation time off.

Cons

I felt lied to after being hired, about my rage, increases, and opportunity for advancement. Company doesn't impose core values or worth of their employees.

Stevens-Henager College2015-04-23

"Education for Profit"

Former Employee - Online Instructor in Boise, ID

I worked at Stevens-Henager College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Allows students who cannot get into other schools to enroll

Cons

Very expensive, questionable ethical standards with the online school, instructors and other employees work hard for little pay.

Advice to Management

Clean up your image- starting with online leadership

Stevens-Henager College2015-05-05
  4. "Engaging and rewarding work, with great perks."

Current Employee - Administrative in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for Stevens-Henager College for over five years. This school values people. They value their employees, and their students. I've seen so many people come through our doors looking to change their lives, and through education and the support of others, they do it! What a rewarding place to work. The programs are cutting edge, and are designed for what people want out of it: a good job. The compensation...

Cons

I would like more training opportunities. We do have trainings but most are offered though holding regular conference calls for a variety of topics (maybe with a PowerPoint tossed in ), but it's not the same as some hard-core training; especially with tough topics like VA education benefits, etc. These calls just feel more like meetings.

Advice to Management

I respect the leadership in the company. I love the opportunities for professional development. I think the benefits are great: paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and the health and 401K benefits are OK. I would invest more into hands-on technical training opportunities for all employees (not just admissions).

Stevens-Henager College2015-02-25

"Grade F employment"

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free school. That is it!

Cons

Where to begin? Its all about who you know.

Stevens-Henager College2015-01-29

"Fun job"

Former Employee - Admissions Consultant in Orem, UT

I worked at Stevens-Henager College full-time

Pros

My co-workers were the best ever. So much fun. Every day was hilarious. The pay was great. As long as you hit your goals you can do your job without being micromanaged. It was fun getting to meet new people every day outside your usual social circles. As long as you do your job and are well liked, you have great job security. It was genuinely my favorite job I've ever had.

Cons

Think about the show "The Office"- a lot of what you're asked to do is a total joke, and you do it anyway. But if you have a sense of humor, it can be fun along the way. They're gradually going downhill- their education is the worst and the lawsuits are going to eat them eventually. The top 3 people at this campus are laughable crazy. They have set up a 'good ol' boys club' for maximum job security, and are just totally...

Advice to Management

Replace upper management at campus. Realistic goals and don't put up departments with opposing goals- more campus anonymity. Get rid of those who are a drag to the company instead of letting them stay on and pull moral down. Don't let a false sense of power inflate your head and you become a crazy person making ridiculous insignificant orders.

Stevens-Henager College2014-11-06

"Loved it"

Former Employee - Admissions Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Stevens-Henager College full-time

Pros

Great Management, I was impressed by how they showed appreciation for their employees.

Cons

Pay was average, but not unreasonable.

Stevens-Henager College2014-10-02
  8. "Rewarding and Fulfilling Work Environment"

Current Employee - Director in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been with Stevens-Henager College for over 9 years. I feel like management truly cares about their employees' happiness and accomplishments. Hard work and positive results are always rewarded. I worked my way up from a very entry level position to a Director position. Even as an entry level employee, I always felt that my opinions were valued. It's been my experience that they nurture great employees to help them...

Cons

There could be more effective communication between campuses to share ideas.

Advice to Management

Continue showing employees they are valued. Words of encouragement and well deserved praise go a long way.

Stevens-Henager College2014-07-24

"It could have been better."

I worked at Stevens-Henager College

Pros

Great place to learn. Great people to work with. Flexible hours.

Cons

Benefits were horrible. Under paid by a lot when you averaged it out to the other companies in the field of work.

Stevens-Henager College2014-07-10

"Stevens-Henager College is a nice place to work."

I have been working at Stevens-Henager College part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Many jobs can be done remotely from home. In my experience, they promote from within. My immediate supervisor is fantastic

Cons

Communication throughout all departments is lacking. The do not give regular compensation increases for employees who work hard. It is an open-enrollment school so, sometimes, students who should not be in college levels classes are recruited.

Advice to Management

You should consider compensating employees who work to keep students going as well as you compensate the recruiters who enroll the students.

Stevens-Henager College2014-07-07