Stevens Transport Reviews

Updated May 23, 2022

Found 300 of over 332 reviews

2.9
Stevens Transport Chairman and CEO Steven L. Aaron (no image)
Steven L. Aaron

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "They have a good training and school(in 31 reviews)
  • "Good training program for new trucker(in 20 reviews)
  • "Good people to work for(in 7 reviews)
  • "When it comes to safety, there saftety department will always have your back.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Friendly staff(in 4 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay and hardly any home time.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Poor communication in management also some not all have to better listeners(in 10 reviews)
  • "Driver Managers that have never driven and don’t know how it is completely clueless, you get paid pennies, have to be on the road for one whole week to get one day off and can’t exceed 5 days off, don’t care about truck issues either tell you don’t worry about or send you to a truck stop with zero certified mechanics that don’t fix the problem(in 8 reviews)
  • "They told me this wouldn't happen if ' you just sign a lease' DO NOT SIGN A LEASE. you will inevitably have to train to make money.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Very poor communication between days and nights/weekends.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Stevens Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company driver

May 2, 2022 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

None other to the company

Cons

No down side at all

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you so much for sharing your 5-star feedback with us about your experience driving for Stevens Transport! We are so glad it has been a positive one and appreciate you being part of the Stevens family.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good company

May 23, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good starter company for new drivers.

Cons

You get out of it what you put in it

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review and positive feedback with us about your experience driving for Stevens Transport. We are glad you had a great training experience here and wish you luck on the next stop in your career path.

3. 3.0

Great

May 17, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to start with

Cons

A con for me was being over there road

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your review and positive feedback about your experience at Stevens Transport. We appreciate it and are glad you had an overall good experience starting your driving career with Stevens Transport.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overall Good Company

May 2, 2022 - Driver Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Due to how busy you will be the work day goes by quickly

Cons

Very full schedule and have to work weekends

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are glad that overall you had a positive experience at Stevens Transport.

5. 3.0

Driver

Apr 13, 2022 - Driver Manager/Dispatcher in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Big Company, Good experience for an entry level role

Cons

Felt like we were micro managed & no lower level decisions could be made without approval

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad you had an overall positive experience starting your driving career at Stevens Transport. Please reach out to HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com if we can personally assist you in any way.

6. 2.0

Sucks

Apr 22, 2022 - CDL Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training is the only pro to this company.

Cons

Literally everything about this company isn’t good

Director of Talent & Development

We are sorry you feel you are not having the five-star experience we strive to provide our drivers at Stevens Transport. Please reach out to HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com so that we may personally assist you.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

Don't have your back

Mar 23, 2022 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Step father passed away on Friday, went to be with my mom on Saturday, was terminated Wednesday.

Cons

Long hauls, took two weeks to get me home to my sick husband.

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your review. Stevens Transport strives to provide a five-star experience for all of our drivers as they are our most important asset.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good ole boy group

Mar 30, 2022 - Dispatcher in Mesquite, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extensive training. Organized process. Good on floor leadership.

Cons

Tight knit group of people that don’t welcome newcomers. Old technology. Dress code of slacks, button up, hard shoes. Owner and family treat everyone that works downstairs poorly. Once heard the owner say to one of the floor managers “you better get back downstairs before the prisoners take over the jail”

1 person found this review helpful

Director of Talent & Development

We are very sorry you feel your time at Stevens Transport did not match the five-star experience we strive to provide all of our employees and wish you luck in your next career move.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Run for your life !!!!!

Mar 16, 2022 - Training Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are horrible their only good for training purposes only !!!! I promise !!!!

Cons

Everything specially management- they only think about numbers !!!!! Your just a driver code !

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you feel you are not having the type of five-star work experience we strive to provide at Stevens Transport. With an anonymous review it is hard to help, but if you would please reach out to HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com at your earliest convenience, we would be happy to personally assist you in any way we can.

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Co-workers - Decent Company

Jan 25, 2022 - National Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family Atmosphere and good experiences for the next move in your career.

Cons

Management/Owners tend to micromanage your daily work.

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad you have had an overall positive experience working at Stevens Transport and have enjoyed your co-workers and the family atmosphere here. We appreciate you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 300 Reviews

Stevens Transport Reviews FAQs

Stevens Transport has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 332 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at Stevens Transport to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Stevens Transport employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Stevens Transport. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

52% of Stevens Transport employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Stevens Transport 2.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Stevens Transport to be coworkers, workplace, career development and the cons to be culture, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Stevens Transport Job Seekers