Stevens Transport Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Steven L. Aaron

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Home time is shorter than I'd like and not frequent enough (in 13 reviews)

• low pay ,hard to get home time terrible experience (in 12 reviews)

1. "Best place ever!"

I have been working at Stevens Transport full-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers, great people! Culture, work ethic.

Cons

Medical Insurance could be better.

2. "Okay."

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at Stevens Transport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gained experience and training and got to see all of the beautiful United States of America.

Cons

Leasing division would try to take my good load assignments, give me there crappy load. Usually on the Ohio Turnpike.

Advice to Management

Increase pay.

"Driver (Contractor)"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Altoona, AL
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Altoona, AL

I have been working at Stevens Transport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training program! I dare say the best in the Industry! Chance to make great pay if you work hard and stay in communication with DM and planners. Make sure you manage your fuel. Friendly staff. Great equipment! Superior safety dept. Feeling safe and knowing Stevens is not going to ask us to do anything to jeopardize our safety is what keeps me here.

Cons

The shop is a little less friendly and could communicate with drivers better. They tend to be put off by asking questions. Look we live on and depend on our trucks out here on the road to allow us to make money and stay safe. When I ask questions I either can't understand them because of accent or they give me a vague answer. I get much better service at TA or Petro. The inconsistency of different shop employees amuses me. I really have to stay on top what their doing with my truck and that is so easy. I have no problem with Pat Yarborough. But he isn't usually here when I am getting my truck worked on. Oh yeah, please up date the showers in drivers lounge. I don't feel very clean after showering in there. High school locker rooms aren't that bad.

Advice to Management

Listen to your senior drivers for advice. We are the ones that love to say great things about the company. I tell people all the time about how much I love driving for Stevens! I know you don't like decals on the truck but I get a lot of attention at truck stops because of that. And I always get comments like cool truck! Then it gives me a chance to talk about how I like driving for y'all. I am on the lease purchase program and I thank you for starting that this year. I been asking about that for 3 years.

Dec 6, 2017 – Director of Talent & Development

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We love to see the pride that you obviously have in this company, and we are certainly proud of you as well! We also take a lot... More

"Water tanker driver"

Former Employee - Local Truck Driver in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Local Truck Driver in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Stevens Transport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to get experience. Youll be doing service work with little training so ask vets for advice. Also be careful you will be be placed in dangerous situations you should evaluate for safty and reserve the right to say “no can do”.

Cons

If your coming in from out of state to work in Texas beware have the recruiter send you your starting pay in writing. I and many orhers were told 14.25 instead of the promised 16.00 per hour after the 2nd day of orientation. Get proof of pay offered and they have beat up trucks not new as advertised.

Advice to Management

Check your main recruiter. She lies survey new recruits.

5. "Invoice Processor"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Office Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Office Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Stevens Transport full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Frequent breaks, Great managers and supervisors, and wonderful learning experience

Cons

Expensive and poor health benefits,

Advice to Management

Clean out all the non motivated workers, and hire driven people who will do more than just the bare minimum

Nov 24, 2017 – Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! It sounds like your largest frustration was with a coworker and not with the company itself. It is always our goal to hire motivated individuals... More

6. "Objective view"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Mesquite, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Mesquite, TX

I have been working at Stevens Transport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salary, talented team members

Cons

Operations are in total conflict and constantly work against each other. Owners are very involved with the day to day operations making it impossible for leadership and management to achieve the objectives laid out by ownership. When things fall apart, ownership goes on war path on all parties and never takes responsibility for the erroneous assertions that they themselves caused.

Advice to Management

Allow your talent to do their jobs, nurture your new employees instead of tearing them down, and seriously consider changing the culture of the organization.

Dec 6, 2017 – Director of Talent & Development

It sounds like you have been frustrated recently, but it is good to see that you still have a positive outlook for the company, which says a lot! We have realized that there was a communication issue... More

7. "Tanker Division pays better than otr, but sometimes work 36 hr shifts."

Current Employee - Class A CDL Driver/HazMat Tanker in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Class A CDL Driver/HazMat Tanker in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Stevens Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I make more money now than otr, take weekly breaks at home, very easy once you learn what you're doing.

Cons

A lot of ignorant trainers, paycheck screw ups, some stubborn dispatchers won't let you go home on time for vacation, 36 hr shifts can be tough. Also, the garage does not do very good vehicle maintenance for the new drivers getting their first truck. I went through 4 trucks in my first month of employment because they were junk. I also do not like Volvos.

Advice to Management

You need to start hiring better trainers or train your trainers better, or allow new drivers to evaluate their trainer. You also need better trucks, because I went through 4 trucks in my first month of employment. Trucks for new employees also need inspected by the garage mechanics and cleaned. You could also allow drivers to get home on time for vacation instead of running out their clock, or run their clock out the day before. You could also raise the pay percentage on loads a little higher in the Tanker Division.

8. "Management isnt able to take proper action."

I worked at Stevens Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish i had good words to say about the company.

Cons

I was sexually harrassed by my trainer 3 times.. all they did was tell the guy not to call, text, or talk to me.

Advice to Management

Take better action

Dec 12, 2017 – Director of Talent & Development

At Stevens Transport, Inc. all employees are expected to maintain a productive work environment free from harassment or disruptive activity. Harassment is not tolerated in any form including... More

9. "truck driver"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at Stevens Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay, vacation, benefits

Cons

out of state for 3 months at a time, difficult finding loads for Miami

Dec 6, 2017 – Director of Talent & Development

It sounds like you have a lot of big impact Pros for Stevens Transport that people look for in a company! We are happy to provide our employees with great benefits as well as pay! It can definitely... More

10. "Great Company, Horrible Boss"

Former Employee - Verification Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Verification Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Stevens Transport full-time

Pros

Stevens attracts very good employees and there is on the surface, a family atmosphere.

Cons

Pay structure for Verification Specialists is horrible. Upper Management plays favorites--people working under their parents--neither are qualified for positions they are in.

Advice to Management

Recruiting was a great department before Mr. Edwards took over. They ask for ideas to improve department, but don't really want to hear it. Associates are the one working the day to day, not just looking at numbers, so it seems like they would be more interested in hearing what's needed to complete work in a more timely manner.

Nov 24, 2017 – Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for taking time to leave a review! Management changeovers can certainly bring challenges. Sometimes that can be uncomfortable when they begin to enforce rules that may have previously been... More