Stevens Transport Reviews

Updated May 9, 2021

3.1
Stevens Transport Chairman and CEO Steven L. Aaron (no image)
Steven L. Aaron
Pros
  • "Safety regulations Good training program(in 18 reviews)

• "They have a good training and school(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The pay scale and home time is not good(in 17 reviews)

• "Long hours, low pay is the nature of the job, but safety is high priority(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Training Company

Mar 4, 2021 - OTR Truck Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of miles, great DM's

Cons

Not enough home time and pay

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your review. We are glad you have had an overall positive experience driving for Stevens Transport, are getting plenty of miles and have had a great Driver Manager to help you along the way.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Alright beginner company to drive

May 6, 2021 - Truck Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Alright company to start with

Cons

Not good pay for drivers

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose to start your driving career with us at Stevens Transport!

3. 4.0

Honest review

Mar 3, 2021 - Cdl A Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have a job and you get paid. It's great if you want to be by yourself and be your own boss. It's great if you want to travel somewhat and get out the house. All you need is a pulse to get hired. Paid training, you will owe $5200 at the end (depending on what you agreed to) they take out only $50 every paycheck for the tuition cost and you get paid every Friday. The training pay is low. It's between$ 440 and $540. It's 40cents per mile

Cons

Most trainers are terrible and aren't fit to be teachers. This isn't for someone who wants to raise their kid/kids or has a loved one at home.

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad that overall you have had a positive experience at Stevens Transport and agree that driving OTR is not for everyone and can be a challenge being away from home for long periods of time. If we can be of assistance in any way, please reach out to HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overall good

Apr 19, 2021 - Service Coordinator in Mesquite, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Room to advance laterally. High volumes of work and responsibility. Good Director and Manager. Taco truck.

Cons

Turnover rate. Long hours. Benefits. Rough Environment. Location.

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Stevens Transport. We are glad you had an overall positive experience here, and appreciate your service. We wish you the best in your next career move.

5. 4.0

Stevens review

Apr 7, 2021 - Commercial Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay Cool drivers Great mileage Business location Friendly staff

Cons

Home time Vacation time Some bad contracts Poor planning Hard to get assistance

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your driving experience with Stevens Transport. We are glad you have had an overall positive experience here and appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to start for students

Apr 27, 2021 - Class A Truck Driver in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training and decent trucks

Cons

Communication could be better for drivers

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your experience driving for Stevens Transport. We are glad you had an overall positive experience and wish you luck in your next career move.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stay far away

Mar 7, 2021 - OTR Team Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I dont even have anything good to say

Cons

As a team we are not getting the miles we should be. This company claims it has team loads and they really don't aless coming out of California. Most the loads we get we run them and get told when you get there we will have you drop it at a drop yard or repower with another driver. We'll this isn't the case at all. If we are 2 days early what driver would be welling to trade loads and sit for 2 days? It just doesn't work. So now we are sitting on it wasting our time.

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry you are experiencing challenges with team driving. We would like to personally address your concerns, but that is difficult with an anonymous review. If you would reach out to HRfeedback@stevenstransport.com we would be happy to assist you.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pros

put u thru school u pay back

Cons

Dispacth un organized you'll be two days early for a load they tell you if u get there early they got buch loads in area needs repowerd have you up all day waiting for a repowerd an not give you one bout every other trailer you get is broke then when you take it to shop they try black mailing u saying if load late cuz shop it looks bad on u when u jus picked trailer up an did your pretrip an found issue an reported it right away there is no comuction

9. 4.0

Steven's Transport

Mar 19, 2021 - CDL Driver in Irmo, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

They'll help you get your CDL.

Cons

Not a lot of home time

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. We appreciate it and are glad you were able to start your driving career here with us at Stevens Transport.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Need better people running things

Jan 29, 2021 - Class A Truck Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

None absolutely none maybe if they had local driving jobs where you were home every night or every weekend then I would have some good things to say maybe

Cons

Driver Managers that have never driven and don’t know how it is completely clueless, you get paid pennies, have to be on the road for one whole week to get one day off and can’t exceed 5 days off, don’t care about truck issues either tell you don’t worry about or send you to a truck stop with zero certified mechanics that don’t fix the problem

Director of Talent & Development

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to personally assist you to help resolve any issues you are having. Please reach out to Jerri McGee directly at 972-629-4566 and she will be happy to assist you. We strive to provide a five-star experience for all of our drivers and are committed to helping you with your concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 242 Reviews